• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Days of Summer Virtual Pass

Shipping tomorrow, my first time with the click n ship labels, sorry for the delay.

DC# 9405 5036 9930 0049 9593 20

Chris, your package has arrived. Your Takes will go out today or tomorrow depending on the vicissitudes of fortune or some crap like that.

OP has been updated.

Hey guys, sorry about the small delay. Here are my proposed P's and T's:

Take: H Upmann Magnum 46 ($8.92)
Put: Romeo y Julieta Churchill 06/99 - ($11.60)

Take: Vegas Robaina Famoso Jun `08 ($8.76)
Put: Punch Punch ($9.12)

Take: Viaje Oro Torpedo ($8.70)
Put: Ashton Aged Maduro No. 30 (8/08) ($9.30 from seriouscigars.com)

Take: Alec Bradley Tempus Magistri Maduro ($10.90)
Put: Diamond Crown CFW Robusto No. 4 ($11.80 from seriouscigars.com)

Take: Tatuaje Mini-mum ($7.50)
Put: Padilla Miami 8/11 Churchill - pepin made (2005) - ($8.40 from seriouscigars.com.....non-pepin made)

Take: Liga Privada Dirty Rat ($12)
Put: CAO Sopranos Soldier ($13.10 seriouscigars.com)

Take: Illusione 68 ($6.05)
Put: Alec Bradley SCR Torpedo ($7.74 from seriouscigars.com)

Hope these look good, let me know.

Thanks,

Aaron

I have not seen it get thru (the floor/ceiling thing)... But Damn ! there goes one of my targets ! loll

$2.68 overput? Nothing closer in price?

Put: Padilla Miami 8/11 Churchill - pepin made (2005) - ($8.40 from seriouscigars.com.....non-pepin made)

I don't know much about the 8/11, but the Mini-mum has a decently high rarity factor.

I don't mind this one much, but $1.69 over put is slightly high in price difference.

Just my opinion, let's let the other brothers chime in.

Did we ever officially put a ceiling/floor on trades?
This is a good question. The reason for a limit is this.

When one joins a pass it is based on the ability to trade for the original sticks in the pass. Whether they be CC's our NC's, rare our regular production and so on. If everyone over puts on their turn and it gets to a guy that might not be able to find anything in his stash to match. The pad is going to stall out. Our the guy just does not take anything and is much more reluctant to get involved in a pass i'm the future.

Outer is for that reason that I would have to question the first of these proposals.

$2.68 overput? Nothing closer in price?

I don't know much about the 8/11, but the Mini-mum has a decently high rarity factor.

I don't mind this one much, but $1.69 over put is slightly high in price difference.

Just my opinion, let's let the other brothers chime in.

If Gavin wants me to change any of these I can.

I would really argue against the challenge of the mini-mum being more "rare" than a pepin made 8/11. The tatuaje mini's are still being sold vs. the pepin made 8/11, which is not. The 8/11 has 7 years of age vs. 0 from the Tatuaje. The 8/11 is more expensive then the mini-mum. Just because it's a "hot" cigar, doesn't change the 3 points I just made.

Also, what is the floor if we're so concerned about the ceiling? I have always played passes as the box should always be in better shape leaving then when I received it.

[font=Arial"]I honestly do not have an issue with the overages. It does up the game, and could put some out of the game. [/font]

If Gavin wants me to change any of these I can.

Ultimately, Gavin has the final say so, so really anything we have to say is nearly irrelevant.

I would really argue against the challenge of the mini-mum being more "rare" than a pepin made 8/11. The tatuaje mini's are still being sold vs. the pepin made 8/11, which is not. The 8/11 has 7 years of age vs. 0 from the Tatuaje. The 8/11 is more expensive then the mini-mum. Just because it's a "hot" cigar, doesn't change the 3 points I just made.

Like I said I don't have much information on the 8/11, but even though the Mini-mums are available now for purchase, doesn't make them any less rare. They aren't vintage like the 8/11 might be, because they are fresh off the boat, but they are a limited release, one time deal. I don't mind anyone taking the Mini-mum, but when you buy CC ELs, you know when you purchase them that they are a limited one, possibly one time deal. Even if they just came out, being a EL still has a rarity factor.

Also, what is the floor if we're so concerned about the ceiling? I have always played passes as the box should always be in better shape leaving then when I received it.

I remember a floor/ceiling being discussed at $0.50, which might be a little anal, but fair as far as I'm concerned. I'm even fine with $1 difference being the floor/ceiling. The big issue as I see it is if we allow too many over puts, the last couple guys on the list, may not be able to participate, because of the now more upscale list. I would much rather over puts, than under puts, but overall, if I take a Cohiba Behike 52 at $34 and replace it with a Cohiba Behike 54 at $40, it makes the ability to trade for the cigar even harder than it originally was.

Just my opinion once again!

We'll say $1, for ease, though rarity can trump this. I don't intend to dissect things at the level of one of Jake's newbie passes, I'm more concerned with if the Puts and Takes as a whole 'feel' right. That being said, large over-puts are just as bad as large unders-.
From earlier.
I'm not fully awake yet as I'm working the graveyard shift. I'll take a serious look a bit later in the day.

We'll say $1, for ease, though rarity can trump this. I don't intend to dissect things at the level of one of Jake's newbie passes, I'm more concerned with if the Puts and Takes as a whole 'feel' right. That being said, large over-puts are just as bad as large unders-.
From earlier.
I'm not fully awake yet as I'm working the graveyard shift. I'll take a serious look a bit later in the day.

Sorry, I must have missed that post! I'll quickly go back and revisit the RyJ put and the Alec Bradley. I'll repost all of my puts/takes in 1 new post, so it doesn't get confusing.

Thanks guys and my apologies!

Hey guys, sorry about the small delay. Here are my proposed P's and T's:

This is a large overput on price and on rarity, given the age of the churchill. Don't get me wrong, I wants it to be mine, my precioussss....but still, it's too high.

Cool.
Cool.
Cool.
I actually think this is perfect. While rarity levels may be arguably different, they're close enough that the slight Over quells any remaining doubt.
This is close enough, though a bit high.
Just too high.
Hope these look good, let me know.

Thanks,
]

So it's noted for my sake, $1 floor/ceiling? Or is it $1 ceiling? Or neither?

Take: Saint Luis Rey Churchill USP May 01 ($11.60)
Put: Romeo y Julieta Churchill 06/99 ($11.60)

(I was eyeing the SLR anyways!)

Put: Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown Pyramid No. 9 ($7.10 seriouscigars.com)

I hope these are more appropriate...sorry the Cuesta Rey is a tad higher than the $1 mark, is that okay?

Sorry to be such a pain in the as$ guys!

Thanks for having me Gavin...if these are okay, I'll fire them to you in the next day or so.

-Aaron