• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Days of Summer Virtual Pass

CCs aquired from reputable Texas CPers, box codes available upon request.

Take: Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill '11 - $8
Put: Partagas Serie D No. 4 '11 - $8

Take: Partagas Serie P No. 2 - $9.28 / $9.48
Put: Montecristo No. 2 '11 - $10 / $10.32

Take: Fuente OpusX Power Ranger - $10.25 vitolas.net
Put: Viaje Skull & Bones Mystery BP 2011 - $10.40 seriouscigars

I also have a backup in case the last PT is not accepted. Thanks

Edit: sources

What are we valuing/pricing the 2001s at Gavin? Those we won't exactly be able to just find a solid price on.

Noteworthy age can certainly add to the rarity x-factor. As an example, the RyJ Celestiales Finos are a discontinued size with a decade of age on them. They're selling for about $14, these days, but with that rarity factor. So I'd take trades around 14 with rarity factors like REs, LEs, or serious age, or you'd need to overput on price a common stick by about a buck.

That's what I was wondering, thank you sir. Not all of us have 2001 Discontinued Cubans... :laugh:

I'm sure all of us are now eyeballing those Celestiales Finos.

That's what I was wondering, thank you sir. Not all of us have 2001 Discontinued Cubans... :laugh:

I'm sure all of us are now eyeballing those Celestiales Finos.
Whatever, baller.
Followed by a Opus X Chili Pepper for lunch

And dinner was a Cohiba Behike 56

:thumbs:

Let's hear some thoughts on these.

Looks good though not too sure on the rarity factor on the last one.

Yea so I wasn't completely sure about the third one myself but here's my line of though. From Jake's recent Newbie Pass 101:

Judging Rarity:
  • Rarity should be based on production until a certain point where age can become a factor. I'd say that's probably when you get past the 8 year old marker for common sticks and probably 5 years for rarer cigars and cigars out of production. For example, someone justifying that Opus are one of the rarest cigars because they aren't at their B&M and they can't get them, even though the cigar is on a constant, quarterly production and are widely available. "Rarity" has always been judged differently by different hosts. I often looked at it based on the following qualifications listed below.
Level 1: Currently in Production Year Round​
Level 2: On a Production/ Release Schedule​
Level 3: Out of Circulation​
3a. Production Size​
3b. Age​
  • Often times you try to stay in the same category. Circumstances could permit a trade for a Level 2 Put for a Level 3 trade if price, etc. closed the gap. However, it's hard to think of an example where a Level 1 could be put for a Level 3, save for only a few cigars. This is where putting a cigar with an MSRP of a few more dollars can make up for the "rarity factor."
  • Like I said, everyone is different in how they judge "rarity" it's always been the one thing that can't be truly standardized. But availability to CP vs. availability to the average smoker is not a way to perceive rarity when it comes to passing.

According to him the Opus is a Level 1 rarity and my presumption is that the Skull is a Level 2, given it's super limited release of ~125 boxes. Forgive me if I made a mistake, here's my backup P/T just in case:

Take: Alec Bradley Tempus Magistri Maduro - $9.80 seriouscigars

Whatever, baller.

Baller? We fly high, no lie, you know this, BALLIN'?

Followed by a Opus X Chili Pepper for lunch

And dinner was a Cohiba Behike 56

:thumbs:

Hey, you forgot the other pedestrian smokes I had that day.

I do in fact have several of each the Padron Millenium Naturals and Maduros, OR PAM, OR Opus, but as I've stated before I don't really get into the whole CC hype. Don't get me wrong, they are great, but I firstly like to be able to travel around and legally acquire my addictions, and secondly I don't believe that any CC is hands down better than lets say a Illusione, or LE Tatuaje. I have plenty of CCs, but I would rarely go out of my way to get them.

Let's hear some thoughts on these.

I think the they are all alright, for a couple reasons. They aren't rare, but are a limited release each year, so you can't just go pick one up in most places, same with the Viaje Skull and Bones, they are limited release each year, and almost never are the same vitolas.

Secondly, I want some Skull and Bones to keep when I get around. :D

I think they look good. The fact that the Viajes are so limited makes it a fair trade. The provisional put/take looks good too.

I agree. This looks good to me, Saurabh. Go ahead and send them.

WKOTI, just remember, you can Take any stick as long as you Put an Illusione M7. ;)

I have several my friend, :D

Anything you're looking for? :whistle:

Here are my proposed T/Ps.

T: #6 E.P. Carillo Short Run 2012 NWC Exquisitos - $6.35 (Serious Cigars)
P: Tatuaje La Casita Criolla HCBF - $7.00 (Serious Cigars)

T: #33 Illusione ~2~ - $8.95 (Serious Cigars)
P: La Riqueza No. 4 - $9.00 (Serious Cigars)

T: #52 Illusione MK Ultra - $7.80 (Serious Cigars)
P: Viaje Platino Samurai Maduro - $8.50 (Tobacco Grove)

Not sure if I said but package was sent.. hope you enjoy the victoria secret box ...

Not sure if I said but package was sent.. hope you enjoy the victoria secret box ...
LMAO. My wife's going to have some questions for me if I get a VS box and don't give her anything from it.

I'm updating the cigar lists with JTuttle and Sar127's P/T's, then I'll come back and check out Chris McCann's. We're cruising right along. Asel.Mike is on deck.

Here are my proposed T/Ps.

T: #6 E.P. Carillo Short Run 2012 NWC Exquisitos - $6.35 (Serious Cigars)
P: Tatuaje La Casita Criolla HCBF - $7.00 (Serious Cigars)

T: #33 Illusione ~2~ - $8.95 (Serious Cigars)
P: La Riqueza No. 4 - $9.00 (Serious Cigars)

T: #52 Illusione MK Ultra - $7.80 (Serious Cigars)
P: Viaje Platino Samurai Maduro - $8.50 (Tobacco Grove)

Thoughts?