• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DEAL on a cheap Wine Cooler

I feel left out since you all got yours yesterday. I better get home to one today so I can give it the old once over and then tell the wife what I have planned for it!!!

Don

If you haven't told her what you have planned for it, it may be to late. You will get home to a wine-o-dor filled with, dare I say it, wine!! :p

It will be nicely chilled though, and your wife will undoubtedly thank you for getting it for her!

LOL, that'd be hilarious.

I cannot imagine a worse fate!!!!! Made me chuckle quite a bit thinking about it though. :)

Don

Update. It cools real well on maximum setting. It got down to 55 F when it was 75 F in my apartment. The problem started when I shifted it over to the minimum setting and the temp jumped to 63 F and it kept running and running. :(

opus1004.jpg

opus1005.jpg

I nosed around a bit and took off the back panel. It’s got two good sized fans running air along the heatsink, but they aren’t moving very fast at all. The circuit board looks to have a two pin port for another computer fan. I might try and do something about that. I guess I got to get something to control that temp, unless Tim shows us how to hack the sucker. :D It could be my expectations, but I thought it would be easier than this, LOL!

Interesting.

You said the temp got to 63 F then it kept running and running. You mean the temp kept rising? I was just unclear on that part.

Interesting.

You said the temp got to 63 F then it kept running and running. You mean the temp kept rising? I was just unclear on that part.

No, on minimum it stayed at 63 running constantly. BUT, on max it got down to 55 and by the time I adjusted the control it was above 60 F and ran constantly the whole night, staying at 63 F.

You could always get a digital timer and set it to certain time frames during the day. (I think I had mine set for 15mins every hour) That worked real well for me last summer. Make sure it has alot of on-off settings too.

You could always get a digital timer and set it to certain time frames during the day. (I think I had mine set for 15mins every hour) That worked real well for me last summer. Make sure it has alot of on-off settings too.

There's an idea. Got the specs for it/ Link? :whistling:

Hmmm. Depending on the price of the timer, or if you make your own, it might be easier to go with an external temp control. Set it to max, use either a Johnson or a Ranco, and off you go.

One interesting thing with the third fan tap. I am considering running an auxiliary 12V fan inside the unit to move the air around quicker. I was thinking the quicker it cools, it may cut down on some of the condensation build up.

Me gonna cry!!!! No cooler for me yet. :( Ahh well, anyone know about how many box tops it would take to line the inside? Allowing for a nub cut here and there? :) Thanks!!!

Me gonna cry!!!! No cooler for me yet. :( Ahh well, anyone know about how many box tops it would take to line the inside? Allowing for a nub cut here and there? :) Thanks!!!

Are you using yours for box storage or singles? If you are using primarily as box storage, the boxes alone will be enough cedar.

Has your's shown any progress on the UPS tracking? Mine says it left SLC on Monday and has not been scanned in anywhere else yet.

Mine took 4 days so far to go from UT to IL. I am hoping by the end of this coming week since their pace must be to put it on someones back and walk it to the destination. :) LOL But oh well, 1.00 shipping cannot be the best hehe.....

Mine is actually going to be a hybrid box/singles storage. I currently have 0 boxes, so I will have to purchase a few to get things going I think.... I am going to try to make some cedar drawers for singles and have cedar racks for boxes. Least that is the plan. We shall see what ends up happening with it. :)

Don

Currently have mine filled with 21 boxes of various sizes on day three holding a steady 63 - 67F and 67 - 68 RH with 1/2 lb beads throughout. Reeeally liking this thing!

Mine left Memphis on Friday...and still hasn't arrived anywhere. I'm assuming it's made it to Alabama and will be making to my doorstep tomorrow or Tuesday.

Just got mine....this thing is so much more badass then my current Cuisinart. The only thing thats better about the cuisinart is that it shuts off....

Just got mine as well today. Only issue I have is it is slightly unbalanced when opening and closing the door. I took the easy way out for now and jusst gorilla glued some cardboard under the left front foot so it is even. I will make a much better foot for it soon enough. :) Looks good other than that though. Now to get the beads in it and start to season her up!!!

Don

Just got mine as well today. Only issue I have is it is slightly unbalanced when opening and closing the door. I took the easy way out for now and jusst gorilla glued some cardboard under the left front foot so it is even. I will make a much better foot for it soon enough. :) Looks good other than that though. Now to get the beads in it and start to season her up!!!

Don

You can unscrew the "legs" to level it. Congrats on finally receiving it!

Everone is talking about the condensation buildup, and the solutions for it though mine is different??? I don't have ANY condensation in there at all. Is there a reason for this?
B