• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diablo III

Backslide

RASCClicious
I just pulled the trigger and pre-ordered my copy. Who else here is planning to play?

Jason

I'll pick it up eventually. Still trucking through Skyrim when I find the time (and interest) to play. I hope it's worth the wait!

A friend of mine is in the beta and he's been really quiet about it.. I'll ask him whats up with it and report back if its worth its weight in disk space

I've followed a few Slashdot discussions re:Diablo III and there's some bitching about the DRM requiring an always-on Internet connection in order for the game to run. Even in single player mode. Plus comments of too little, too late.

I don't expect the world to change when I fire up a game, so as long as it's fun, I look forward to it. Might need to start stocking up on mice now. :D

I can't believe this game is still not out. I was a Diablo II addict when I was in college and I was excited when I heard about D3 years ago. Since then I have had two kids and have to support a growing family, so my enthusiasm with how much I will be able to play it has faded. Depending on the details of how much it cost to play and what I need to have to play, I might not even pick it up. So sad.... :(

Brandon

Im going to consider it, not sure how i feel about this one yet.

Wewt, I just got invited to the closed beta :) Yeah Yeah, I know that it's a late invite, but I'm still stoked about it.

Jason

Good for you! I will buy on release day and maybe even take the day off work....gotta find some way to burn through 4 weeks lol. I still haven't got a beta invite after owning numerous copys of D2, mostly so I could dual-box, but at this point I am just happy there is a date to look forward to. I played rift for awhile but let go of it a few months ago partly because I was lacking interest and not playing an partly because of anticipation of this one.

A few weeks ago I fired up D2 for the first time in years and made it most of the way through act 1 before my hand gave out. Too much clicking, I blame d2 from years ago lol. Hopefully this game will be less of a click-fest hehe.

I've had a chance to play the beta a bit. It's pretty fun. The graphics look quite good as well for only being in beta stage. Should be worth the purchase.

In case anyone is interested. This weekend is open beta weekend. Just make a battle.net account and goto game clients and you can download and try the beta. I downloaded it this morning but have not been able to get into the game it appears servers are down for maintenance. At least it is a start!

Even with my limited time these days I will play this. The original is what started my PC gaming back in the day.

Just played the Beta for an hour or so and it was a lot of fun. I didn't get a lot of the story, as it just threw you into town with a few other folks, but it was pretty much classic Diablo. Simple, fun, click-click-click. I only tried the Barbarian, but that's what I usually like to play as, anyhow. Went ahead and pre-purchased the full version for when it's released, too. Have fun!

And yet I can't get in again, but because my daughter is typing a paper on my pc! Lol

I played for a half-hour or so this morning and had a lot of fun. No access to it for the next couple of weeks, though. I'm sure my sons will enjoy it while I'm gone, though. :)