• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do any of the newbs want to do battle with the FOGS

BBS.jpg

whistling.gif

They say you never hear the one that hits you.
laugh.gif
....I was looking at this and thought; "...holy crap, they're bombing the house across the street from me...!!"....
laugh.gif

OK you guys, what the hell.....TWO bombs? What did I do to earn this kind of punishment...??

Dave, it looks like the Islands docked here today. Brother, I can't say thanks enough. Fantastic goodies, and equally fantastic smokes.

My sincere thanks, Dave - B.B.S.

BBS.jpg

whistling.gif

They say you never hear the one that hits you.
laugh.gif
....I was looking at this and thought; "...holy crap, they're bombing the house across the street from me...!!"....
laugh.gif

OK you guys, what the hell.....TWO bombs? What did I do to earn this kind of punishment...??

Dave, it looks like the Islands docked here today. Brother, I can't say thanks enough. Fantastic goodies, and equally fantastic smokes.

My sincere thanks, Dave - B.B.S.

laugh.gif
I am finding out my "Mission Impossible" skills aren't very sharp at all!!

Two bombs? If you FOG's keep up this kind of great comraderie and presence on CP this kind of punishment will NEVER end!
sign.gif
sign.gif
tongue.gif
Glad you enjoyed the contents Tom. NOW can you taste chocolate in your cigars?
laugh.gif

Wow... I step away from this thread for a day or two... and... well... like Ray said it doesn't really matter...

...the "war" ends here

0403 7975 6410 2512 2798

nice gesture, Don. :thumbs:

(edited to correct some punctuation)
Tap, tap, tap!
"Uncle, I cry uncle!"

That really wasn't necessary, sir, but.....damn.

Wow....just wow!
Thank you, Chris!!

What fun is it to bomb people if you can't announce it and take credit for it at the public level?....

What fun is it to bomb people if you can't announce it and take credit for it at the public level?....
Plenty of fun. But what fun is it to try to make some newbs feel bad about trying to show appreciation for some established board members. The intentions of those organizing and participating in this are good. Maybe you should examine your intentions. Regardless, I'm here to bomb....

Plenty of fun. But what fun is it to try to make some newbs feel bad about trying to show appreciation for some established board members. The intentions of those organizing and participating in this are good. Maybe you should examine your intentions. Regardless, I'm here to bomb....
I can understand his intentions are good, but it seems tacky to announce it all in public. It's just my opinion.

I can tell you this, my intentions aren't to buy a reputation on the board by needing a OMG LOOK AT ME post every time I send something out to someone. I think in general its become a practice to announce you're gonna bomb somebody and expect to have your ass kissed in public if you send someone a package, and I think it's in poor taste.

If I send someone a package it's because I wanted to do something nice for them, not because I need recognition by the board for it. If the newbs want to do something nice for the old guys that's great, I'm not saying they are being tacky or did anything wrong. I'm saying pembroke is tacky for doing it this way.

Again, it's my opinion and if you don't like it that's fine.

And here's a nice link to check out:
Are you bombing for the right reasons

Edit to add: Link

I can understand his intentions are good, but it seems tacky to announce it all in public. It's just my opinion.

I can tell you this, my intentions aren't to buy a reputation on the board by needing a OMG LOOK AT ME post every time I send something out to someone. I think in general its become a practice to announce you're gonna bomb somebody and expect to have your ass kissed in public if you send someone a package, and I think it's in poor taste.

If I send someone a package it's because I wanted to do something nice for them, not because I need recognition by the board for it. If the newbs want to do something nice for the old guys that's great, I'm not saying they are being tacky or did anything wrong. I'm saying pembroke is tacky for doing it this way.

That should have been brought to him via PM not by open posting. No drama needed here. Your entitled to your opinion but you can express it via PM.

Jeez man, you've been around plenty long enough to have seen the past "wars" or what were supposed to be wars. Everyone that participates announces when they have something go out. This is how it works with a so called war!

If you don't like it when someone announces they are going to bomb someone, then go into one of AVB's threads the next time he's letting someone know they're getting ready to get hit,,,see what kind of reaction you get there instead of a thread with newbs sending stuff out.

Brian, I am pretty sure it isn't the posting of the bombs going out, but instead the manner in which some things are conducted by some people. I doubt Evan was saying anyone posting about a bomb is tacky.

Brian, I am pretty sure it isn't the posting of the bombs going out, but instead the manner in which some things are conducted by some people. I doubt Evan was saying anyone posting about a bomb is tacky.

You must have missed the post I quoted then, because he was pretty clear in what he was trying to say. Yes, Don has stuck his foot in his mouth...I don't disagree with that, but this was supposed to be a war and when the guys are sending stuff out and posting their DC #'s, that's part of it. If he doesn't like the so to speak "look at me" posts he's talking about, then he needs to stay out of the thread.

Yea, Don should have definitely worded his OP differently so it didn't say " watch out because the FOG's hit hard", but I don't think he meant it in a way to try to induce bombing or to get people to expect bombs back.

You, Tom, and Don obviously have some issues that I want no part of, but for Evan to come in and pretty much tell these newbs that what they are doing is wrong because he doesn't agree with it, is petty. He's just trying to get his jab in at Don while the poker is still hot.

Don't discount the effort of the group just because one person fucked up.

Look, obviously, if your intentions are genuine, you will bomb me. Why? Because afterwards, I will still probably NOT remember who you are and will not care, and I definitely WILL NOT come to your aid whatsoever.
So if you are truly bombing because its simply a nice gesture, and not to kiss someone's a$$ or to get something in return, you will obv bomb me.
The End

Also, I like Padrons, nothing under $12/stick, ty.
And people, my front door is downstairs. Dont make me walk all the way down and back up for just a few sticks.

Look, obviously, if your intentions are genuine, you will bomb me. Why? Because afterwards, I will still probably NOT remember who you are and will not care, and I definitely WILL NOT come to your aid whatsoever.
So if you are truly bombing because its simply a nice gesture, and not to kiss someone's a$$ or to get something in return, you will obv bomb me.
The End

Also, I like Padrons, nothing under $12/stick, ty.
And people, my front door is downstairs. Dont make me walk all the way down and back up for just a few sticks.

What if the Padron's were on sale?

You must have missed the post I quoted then, because he was pretty clear in what he was trying to say. Yes, Don has stuck his foot in his mouth...I don't disagree with that, but this was supposed to be a war and when the guys are sending stuff out and posting their DC #'s, that's part of it. If he doesn't like the so to speak "look at me" posts he's talking about, then he needs to stay out of the thread.

Yea, Don should have definitely worded his OP differently so it didn't say " watch out because the FOG's hit hard", but I don't think he meant it in a way to try to induce bombing or to get people to expect bombs back.

You, Tom, and Don obviously have some issues that I want no part of, but for Evan to come in and pretty much tell these newbs that what they are doing is wrong because he doesn't agree with it, is petty. He's just trying to get his jab in at Don while the poker is still hot.

Don't discount the effort of the group just because one person fucked up.
Just for the record, there is nothing going on with "me don and tom" other than Don saying some snarky bullshit and being called on it. I don't think I've ever even spoken to him til then. I do agree though that the efforts of the group as a whole are great gestures and fun for the community. Keep it up guys, although you will get your asses handed to you I'm sure! :thumbs:

FYI Brian, this thread went south as soon as someone got called out for bombing me without permission. Next time I will make sure I appropriately investigate to make sure the shit I receive is from an approved source, or that at least there are some whistling smilies and a DC# somewhere so I know I am not making incorrect assumptions :rolleyes:

Brian(Jonesy) your a class act as many others that are here. Yes I badly worded the OP but if people like Ben and Tom had bothered to read the thread rather than be drama queens you would have seen early that I admitted that early on in the thread. Have I made mistake here sure have. I been asked to keep quiet by some very classy people but that cannot continue with BS from some here. Ben you are a sad human being. You right there was no problem to you jumped to your buddies Tom aid right away. You sir have no class at all. It is to bad because 95% of the people here are good. I was wrong with Robbie and made my apology no more needed to be added but of course there was.

But the other 5 % got to play sheriff. Do not get me wrong we need some and there are some very good people here that do that job in a constructive manner. Then we have the couple of people who lurk just waiting on someone to bash. It really must be rough if you need to be a internet hero. I really do pity the people that find a need to berate people.

So if you feel a need to continue your childish crap fine with me. You do not know me and as far as I know you are not a mind reader or the supreme being, so how you think you can tell my motives or what kind of a person I am is beyond me.

Just know the few of you that want to see me meltdown. You do not hold that kind of power. If Rod thinks I am a bad guy and wants me gone I would leave. But people like you Ben can keep poking all you want. The sad part is some people buy your crap Ben. Then there are people who do notice your constant sarcasm.

I do not care if you bring up every mistake I made on this board. I could care less for the people who do not like me as everyone is entitled to a opinion. But just as you and a few others say whatever the heck you want to other people I will not longer bite my lip. I call it as I see it nothing but a attempt to cause drama. I am ok with me and that is all that matters.

Don, I don't keep poking you. I made one post because something you said was ridiculous and you turn it into a "drama" debate. Nothing about what I said was drama, nothing was for pot stirring, so quit the sad excuse. Yes I am sarcastic, who cares. The only reason this turned into what it did is because of your childish response.

Yes I do make sarcastic posts in some instances, but you give me wayyyyy more credit than what is even remotely true. Tom on the other hand :whistling:

<snip> I was wrong with Robbie and made my apology no more needed to be added but of course there was.

But the other 5 % got to play sheriff. Do not get me wrong we need some and there are some very good people here that do that job in a constructive manner. Then we have the couple of people who lurk just waiting on someone to bash. It really must be rough if you need to be a internet hero. I really do pity the people that find a need to berate people. <snip>

Directed at me/my post above Don? Just curious....

Brian(Jonesy) your a class act as many others that are here. Yes I badly worded the OP but if people like Ben and Tom had bothered to read the thread rather than be drama queens you would have seen early that I admitted that early on in the thread. Have I made mistake here sure have. I been asked to keep quiet by some very classy people but that cannot continue with BS from some here. Ben you are a sad human being. You right there was no problem to you jumped to your buddies Tom aid right away. You sir have no class at all. It is to bad because 95% of the people here are good. I was wrong with Robbie and made my apology no more needed to be added but of course there was.

But the other 5 % got to play sheriff. Do not get me wrong we need some and there are some very good people here that do that job in a constructive manner. Then we have the couple of people who lurk just waiting on someone to bash. It really must be rough if you need to be a internet hero. I really do pity the people that find a need to berate people.

So if you feel a need to continue your childish crap fine with me. You do not know me and as far as I know you are not a mind reader or the supreme being, so how you think you can tell my motives or what kind of a person I am is beyond me.

Just know the few of you that want to see me meltdown. You do not hold that kind of power. If Rod thinks I am a bad guy and wants me gone I would leave. But people like you Ben can keep poking all you want. The sad part is some people buy your crap Ben. Then there are people who do notice your constant sarcasm.

I do not care if you bring up every mistake I made on this board. I could care less for the people who do not like me as everyone is entitled to a opinion. But just as you and a few others say whatever the heck you want to other people I will not longer bite my lip. I call it as I see it nothing but a attempt to cause drama. I am ok with me and that is all that matters.

Jesus man, that was a tough one to wade through. I think the general point several people are making, including Jonesy if I'm not mistaken, is that this started on the wrong foot, and has had a few problems along the way. Further, Evan expressed concern with the attention-oriented aspect of the thread, which I feel is a valid discussion point, certainly not drama or stirring the pot. Further, your constant need to take everything to PM is disheartening. As long as I've been here grievances such as these have been aired publicly, especially when those involved are newer to the forums, and thus could use the information. Perhaps you should take a step back and look at the amount of people bringing up points here, and who and what they're talking about(I personally quite liked Insight's, Elittle's, and AVB's).

As far as Ben goes he's a filthy heathen whom I'll have no part of.