• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do these sorta look like..

Now the question is, who's going to let Pete Johnson know? ??? Well, Moki? How about dropping your buddy a note?

Wilkey

Pete's aware of it. They were made by Arganese for the Cigar Agency... it seems they used the same printer for the bands that Pete uses as well.

Damn, that doesnt look good for "Twenty". Interesting read

Regardless of the legalities of the label ... the cigars are pretty good.

I have a bundle, less one. If anyone would like a sample PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for letting us know. :thumbs:

The label is perhaps not so much illegal as it is intentionally misleading.

Wilkey

Hey Dave,

Wilkey

I think it is very likely to be trademark infringement, and one that will create confusion in the marketplace. Pete in my IANAL opinion has a case, should he wish to pursue it.

Hey Dave,

Wilkey
I think it is very likely to be trademark infringement, and one that will create confusion in the marketplace. Pete in my IANAL opinion has a case, should he wish to pursue it.
I agree. The legality or illegality of it to be proven in a court of law, of course. Whatever the case, it's still pretty darn sleezy.

Wilkey

Are these the North side or South side editions?

If you have four of them what are you smoking?

If it isn't authorized it is a pretty scummy thing to do.

Yeah I would tell them to stick them in the south side if I were Pete, that is the most obvious rip off I have seen in a while. Talking about consumer confusion, hell I had to look twice and after I realized what it was I just couldn't believe it. Sorry guys but regardless if the cigars are good no one should ever have to rip off anothers hard work and brand. lol being from TN the only phrase that came to mind was my lawyer would be stomping mud holes in people right about now. Honestly though lawsuits take forever and are costly on both sides, but there is a better way to keep shops from having these and I am sure Pete has already taken the proper steps to do so.

I'm sure the band does a better job of copying Tatuaje than the blend does.