• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you commute?

My commute is 80 miles a day.
Most of it is highway driving and is very scenic.

I pass the time by listening to music (I have a very extensive collection of CD's, Vinyl and MP3's) and smoking cigars.

I drive 25 miles each way (20 highway), it takes 45 minutes from the time I get in my car in the garage to the time I walk in my office, and the same for the trip home. It's not too bad. The morning trip is usually a bit of a rush, because I tend to push it time-wise, but the evening trip is a nice way to chill out and let your mind switch gears out of work mode. I'm in northwest Iowa, though, so the drive is pretty stress-free. If I were in a city, with traffic and the like, I'm pretty sure I'd hate it.

With gas at almost $5 a gallon, I found it cheaper to move across the street from work. So now I just walk. :)

30 miles round trip. Takes me anywhere from 1 to 4 hours depending on how long I fish and whether they're biting.

NA

I do about 75 miles per day round trip. The drive isn't bad, its the other things that bug me.

Like the price of gas. I figure I'm spending about $15 per day on gasoline.

And the missing 2 hours out of every day. That's the thing I miss the most. Leaving home at 7am and not getting home until 6pm.

I used to do an 80 mile round trip. About the only thing I can add to what's been said is mindset. I used the ride to work to gear up to work mode. The ride home was decompression time and getting into personal life mode. The commute helped separate my professional and personal lives.

Now I have a 12 mile round trip. No decompression time. That's why God invented bourbon, beer, and cigars (although my son is convined I'm killing myself with those things).

My commute into work usually takes about 15 minutes... doesn't bother me.

Congrats on the new job!

I commute into NYC from central NJ. My wife drops me off at the train station and the train ride is about 52 minutes.

Does she dress you and pack your Scooby Doo lunchbox too? :)

Yes she does, and come on Andrew I wouldn't be caught dead with that Scooby Doo crap. I have a legit Roy Rogers, Double R Bar Ranch, set that I carry proudly!

50 miles RT @30MPG. 30 minutes each way and I get to look at the beautiful Rocky Mountains all the way.

Roy and the Double R are good stuff, but its Howdy Doody time for me!