• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you let your beers warm up? I do.

emoshun

SoCal Herfin'
Even though have I my keezer set at pouring the beer right at 38º, I will let the pint set for about 5 minutes as that allows it to warm up and unlayer some of the flavor. I'm curious who else does this, and at what temps do you enjoy different styles of beer?

I know that Jeff does this, but curious who else...cheers!

dudes_glass_ponto_pour_zpsxrudjdvf.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/food/sc-food-0313-beer-temperature-20150310-story.html#page=1

I let mine set as well when from the tap....

Can/bottle hardly ever....

Bottle to a glass, I'll let it set...

I think it adds to the flavor as well.

I always let my stouts and darker beers warm. I've never let an IPA or other hoppy beers warm.

Heady Topper they say leave it in the can for more flavor. The flavor dissipates more rapidly if you pour into a glass.

I think they are right.

Edited to add: I like all my bear cold.

Like Brandon, it depends on the beer for me.....is someone throws me a cold Bud Light on a warm day....no sense in letting it warm up, it will only taste worse.

I will typically let darker beers sit for a few minutes after pouring them.  I have never really done it with IPA's, or lighter ones.  I will have to give it a try tonight when I pour my beer after work.

I guess I'm not as big a beer afficionado...I like mine cold. But when it's Coors light the majority of the time, who doesn't? lol

Darks I like to let warm up, especially if they're aged and oaky. Loads of flavors pop up as they rise to room temp... now I want one...

Most lighter beers I drink cold.

Back in the olden days Anheuser Busch ran a series of commercials on how to enjoy their beer. They recommended temps of 45F; Beer poured down the middle of the glass to produce a 2" head and only rinsing beer glasses in hot water, never with soap, as the smallest amounts of residue will kill the head. I agree with the later two, but 45F Bud kinda sucks.  All in all, I like my beer cold. If I wanted warm beer I'd move to England.

Doc

I honestly don't have the patience or strength of will to see great beer in a glass or open can and wait for it to warm up. I drink it.

Usually will allow stouts to warm up a little bit; i'll drink Guinness room temp if I've forgotten to put it in the fridge.

Most beer will open up a bit at warmer temperatures allowing for the malts to really come threw. I also let my IPA's warm to low 40s before I start sipping on em.
176eb267309377aa9aa3f1718332889e.jpg

kona1000 said:
Heady Topper they say leave it in the can for more flavor. The flavor dissipates more rapidly if you pour into a glass.

I think they are right.

Edited to add: I like all my bear cold.
That's really not true. The reason Alchemist states to drink from the can is so you don't see all the yeast floaties.

Devil Doc said:
Back in the olden days Anheuser Busch ran a series of commercials on how to enjoy their beer. They recommended temps of 45F; Beer poured down the middle of the glass to produce a 2" head and only rinsing beer glasses in hot water, never with soap, as the smallest amounts of residue will kill the head. I agree with the later two, but 45F Bud kinda sucks.  All in all, I like my beer cold. If I wanted warm beer I'd move to England.

Doc
About five years ago the new thing in all the English Pubs was "Extra Cold" beer Doc. Their version of that is about 55 degrees.

Everything except lagers I prefer a bit warm.

I not only like mine best icy cold . . . I put the glasses in the freezer for at least an hour beforehand.

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
I not only like mine best icy cold . . . I put the glasses in the freezer for at least an hour beforehand.

~Boar
Thats what I'm talking about

Not A Nice Person said:

~Boar
When it's dead summer and 110 degrees out, icy cold hits the spot. I don't freeze my glass though, the beers I like super cold are either out of a can or bottle.

Depends solely on the style for me.

The darker the beer like Stouts, belgian dubbels and quads, etc, the more in depth flavor it has just around cellar temp to me... ~55-65 degrees.
Just about every other style I feel shines at a little bit colder than that, maybe in to 45-50 degree range.