• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

does anyone know anything about these cigars

Gator

i bought a jar of these about a year ago, and i was putting one in on a trade, and the gentleman thinks it's a fake. I have the ceramic jar, it was sealed w/ the cuban seal, and came in a very ornate box. If it is a fake, it's one hell of a fake...

i punched this in yahoo and this was the only place that had them
http://www.cubancigaronline.com/detail.aspx?ID=409

i'll post some pics later of the jar, when i can find my card reader :blush:

I can understand the gentleman i'm trading with being skittish as his sources don't know of this product, but i'm curious if any of ya'll have ever seen or smoked any of these.

thanks

cigar.jpg

VWLZF-DSCN0318.JPG

XITCW-DSCN0317.JPG

BCGGS-DSCN0316.JPG

No way those can be fake, and the hologram is on the box it came in, very elaborate box

can they?

There were 500 Cohiba 35th humidors made and they are the ones pictured in the link from Devin. There were also some gran corona Cohiba 35th Anniversario humidors made with 50 "A" sized Cohibas, all with the 35th band. There were also some sampler packs sold through various dealers that were either broken up humidors or the samplers that were given out at the 35th Cohiba Anniversary dinner in Havana. There were no porcelin jars made for the 35th anniversary. There was a 30th Siglo V porcelin jar made that has some of the best Cohibas I've ever smoked in it. The one you have pictured is one of many fakes that were put out there for the 35th Anniversary.

I don't believe these were ever released in a jar. The band does not match photos of authentic 35 Aniversario Pirámides from the humidor or jar. Neither does it match that of the Milennium Reserve Pirámides from the jar.

The 30 Aniversario jar was released in 1996. These were of the dalias vitola.

The Millenium Reserve jar was made in 1998 and introduced in late 1999. These were of the pirámides vitola.

The 35 Aniversario humidor was released in late 2001 and contained six different vitolas, one of which was a pirámides

Just these observations taken together strongly suggest that they are bogus.

Oh, and if that's not enough, the clincher is the warranty seal itself. Boxes released in the 2000-2001 time frame should have a two-letter prefix of AH-BN give or take. The ES prefix is found on boxes from 2003.

Wilkey

Funny - the jar seems to be made in Spain. I find that odd too.
Would that be a factor in determining authenticity? Wouldn't the jar be made in Cuba?
Just a thought.

Thanks for making me drool, Matt. How about putting one of those in the pass?

Would that be a factor in determining authenticity? Wouldn't the jar be made in Cuba?
Just a thought.

I don't know about the 30th Anny jars, but the Millenium jars were all made in Spain.

Just a thought.

All the porcelin products released for Habanos SA are made in Spain and marked Bidasoa. This inlcudes the limited ashtrays.

I agree with Zee on this ouch! A word of caution do some research before you make an investment of this type. Search is your friend and a PM or two would save you some $.

Just a thought.

All the porcelin products released for Habanos SA are made in Spain and marked Bidasoa. This inlcudes the limited ashtrays.

I should have searched first...I just realized this after I did...thanks!

Just a thought.

i remember reading that Habanos uses spanish porcelain jars.

that's one hell of a fake, complete w/ very authentic seals, elaborate boxes.

I did email Habanos to get them to verify did or didn't release this, that should be the kicker. That and sending one to Ginseng

well, at least i only had $250 in the jar, maybe $100 worth of cigars in a fake jar, i hate getting screwed.

i just don't see how they could have such an elaborate jar, seals, holograms, i can't find any flaws that you normally see in counterfeits, but maybe they did.

These definitely made a pyramid for the 35th Anni...

5-Dec-2001 To commemorate the 35th anniversary of Cohiba Habanos S.A. launches a special production of 500 numbered humidors which constitute a selection of six vitolas for a total of 135 cuban cigars per humidor. The vitolas, all dressed with a special ring designed for this 35th anniversary, are:
35 Lanceros, 20 Espléndidos, 20 Robustos, 20 Siglo V
These four vitolas form part of the vitolario and are perhaps the most representative of this brand.
For the occasion of this 35th Anniversary, two very special vitolas have been incorporated that don’t make up part of the habitual Cohiba vitolario:
20 Gran Corona, 20 Pirámides

LA CAVA will acquire a few humidors as soon as they are released by Habanos.

Some people on the board here may be interestered in collecting these anyways
I know I have a stick that I like to compare to the real deal
Thats does suck though!!

I wouldn't mind acquiring any of this artifact for the archives. This would make a very compelling case study. I don't know if there's $100 worth of cigars in there, but the informational value certainly is worth something.

I'll be sending a PM your way, Gator.

Wilkey