• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

does anyone know anything about these cigars

Did it have the similar profile as the previous legitimate Cohibas you smoked? Compare taste, ash, aroma, strength, smell, the whole 9 yards. Would the pyramides have the triple cap as well?
No, they would not. The heads on figurados (campañas (belicosos) and pirámides (pyramids)) are finished differently. Even slightly less pointed figurados like the Cuabas are finished in this manner. I'm reasonably sure on this last point though I've only seen two vitolas of the Cuabas.

Wilkey

Gator...I believe you can stop your search for whether or not they are fakes. Two, what I would call experts in Devin and MattR, have answered your question directly! Ginseng has also added accurate information. I believe it's time to accept the facts and stop the, "...if they are fakes...yada, yada, yada..."

I don't believe I'd buy any more from your "Source". :whistling:

Floyd T.

My apologies.... Totally forgot about the Gran Corona humidor. Seems my memory isn't what is used to be...

The bands on the 35th cigars have "Anniversario" written on the bottom of the band. The bands on Gator's cigars have the "Anniversario" written the same way as the 30th cigars.

Not the same as 35th humidors.

I'm always happy to see how helpful CP can be on a problem like this. :thumbs:

Frank (Gator),
The realization that these Cubans are fakes sucks. I can imagine how pissed you must be at the vendor who sold you this junk. The market is loaded with fake Cuban cigars and vendors who sell this crap prey on honest folks all the time.

The great thing about CP is the sense of community. The knowledge presented by so many members is wonderful. And the fact that you will soon be having phone sex with Wilkey is priceless. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gator,

I've sent you a PM with my celphone number in it. Please don't hesitate to give me a call.

Wilkey

I was just told that you might have bought these from someone in Miami... not good and definately counterfeit. That Canadian site is also suspect......

let me add one more little secret.....If you look at the box of PD4s you will note the laminated plywood constuction on the top and bottom panels.....Never happened on Authentic boxes......As far as the pirimads in the jar.....Never happened.....

It has been my understanding, that the holograms are only put on boxes sold in Cuba. Is that correct?

Once again the depth of knowledge here at CP is something to behold. Well done gentlemen. :thumbs:

It has been my understanding, that the holograms are only put on boxes sold in Cuba. Is that correct?
Supposedly, but I've seen 'em from outside of Havana too......
But only on boxes that were directly imported outside of the normal distribution channels, correct? I've seen these as well. Legitimate. Just not meant to be sold from a location off the island.

Wilkey

That website is very suspect. Why would they not go through the normal Habanos distribution channels instead of picking the cigars up on the island? As I stated on another board, I have never seen a legitimate box of cubans with the hologram on them. My understanding those boxes with the hologram are only sold in the island and are not for export.

I told the guy that you were trading with that these were highly suspect. I'm glad he did some research to make sure they weren't authentic. First thing you should have done was do some research on CP and here. These places offer A LOT of valuable insight and reference so people like myself and others don't get taken advantage of ;) . Sorry about your cigars.

Sometimes the most obvious signs need to be realized. There are NO deals to be had on cuban cigars. Sure, some vendors offer sales every now and then, but never will you find those smokes for what you paid for them. For example $150 for a box of Monte 2's? I have never seen a legitimate vendor even come close to that price.

That website is very suspect. Why would they not go through the normal Habanos distribution channels instead of picking the cigars up on the island? As I stated on another board, I have never seen a legitimate box of cubans with the hologram on them. My understanding those boxes with the hologram are only sold in the island and are not for export.

I told the guy that you were trading with that these were highly suspect. I'm glad he did some research to make sure they weren't authentic. First thing you should have done was do some research on CP and here. These places offer A LOT of valuable insight and reference so people like myself and others don't get taken advantage of ;) . Sorry about your cigars.
!00% correct Only boxes in Cuba have halograms........The only other way is for someone who traveled to Cuba purchased them there and brought them home.... If they brought 20 boxes home with them and resold them to a retail cigar store that would be another story......

Thanks for making me drool, Matt. How about putting one of those in the pass?

That can be arranged...:)

The problem with that would be Bill and I are before Sam :whistling: ;)

No if you could include Jessica Alba in the pass I would be truly impressed, end of thread jack!

And the torture goes on...thanks for reminding me Anthony...well, since I'm after you, I'll see what I can do about including Jessica in the pass. :)

It's funny.... I just saw another picture of a 35th Anniversary porcelin jar, from another person's collection and it has the same edition number on it. :sign:

well, it appears pretty obvious i've been had. For the most part, i bought these before i found cigar pass, wish i had it reversed. I had no idea they were so sophisticated, guess i'm pretty naive. As far as outing the vendor, i did get an pm saying it's in bad form, but i think it's worse form to rip folks off, so if Wilkey's inspection fails (like it prolly will), i will out this fool.

Thanks for all ya'lls help, this is a great site! Now i'll prolly go home and find the dog i thought was a Lab is really a pretty mutt :D

oh well, at least i got rid of most of them in trades

just kidding :D

Cohiba_35th.jpg

Didn't come out of a jar...... and they don't suck! ;)