• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does anyone use Hello Fresh?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I was notified by Groupon that I had Groupon Bucks to be used so I bought two weeks worth of food from Hello Fresh. The deal was three meals, per week, for two people, 12 meals total, shipping included. Once I entered my credit card on the Hello Fresh website (which they force you to do even though my deal was already paid), they charged me shipping and said I was on an auto-renewal plan.

I know Groupon is one step short of a scam but I wonder if Hello Fresh is as well?

I was notified by Groupon that I had Groupon Bucks to be used so I bought two weeks worth of food from Hello Fresh. The deal was three meals, per week, for two people, 12 meals total, shipping included. Once I entered my credit card on the Hello Fresh website (which they force you to do even though my deal was already paid), they charged me shipping and said I was on an auto-renewal plan.

I know Groupon is one step short of a scam but I wonder if Hello Fresh is as well?
A lot of companies like that put you on auto renew. Hell we signed up for YouTube Tv awhile ago. One week free then you pay for the sub. We had to enter payment details too. You should be ok if you cancel before the end of the trial.

We’ve done Hello Fresh and a few others. Honestly, we liked it because it didn’t waste any food. There were no leftovers, which I’m ok with, because before I was cooking, my wife would cook way too much and it would be wasted food, if that makes sense. Not sure about cooking for one, but you could always try the 2 people subscription/trial and have 2 dinners for you.

We’ve done Hello Fresh and a few others. Honestly, we liked it because it didn’t waste any food. There were no leftovers, which I’m ok with, because before I was cooking, my wife would cook way too much and it would be wasted food, if that makes sense. Not sure about cooking for one, but you could always try the 2 people subscription/trial and have 2 dinners for you.
That's what I had planned. If I don't eat all day I could probably eat both portions or heat some up the next day.

I received a Hello Fresh Christmas gift a couple of years ago and was very skeptical about entering my credit info but as said above I cancelled the auto renewal plan and never had any issues. As for the meals I thought they were good and I liked the portion control part of it but I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a simple meal just for portion control and anyway like @Mizicke5273 said........no leftovers, WTF?

my coworker and his wife use it.
they enjoy it

us - wr can't plan that much lol

We did it for almost a year. Really like the fresh food instead of the microwave stuff we were doing. We ultimately stopped it due to time consumption. It was getting difficult coming home and working on a meal that takes 45 minutes with both of us working full time and our 3 kids. Not all meals take that long but you are cutting and preparing everything and some days it would be close to the girls bedtime by the time we finished.

TLDR: Its good food and good meals, the time consumption is why we stopped.

We did it for almost a year. Really like the fresh food instead of the microwave stuff we were doing. We ultimately stopped it due to time consumption. It was getting difficult coming home and working on a meal that takes 45 minutes with both of us working full time and our 3 kids. Not all meals take that long but you are cutting and preparing everything and some days it would be close to the girls bedtime by the time we finished.

TLDR: Its good food and good meals, the time consumption is why we stopped.
I live alone and I like to prep, I wonder how this would compare, cost wise, to having some fresh food delivered every couple days by something like instacart?

I live alone and I like to prep, I wonder how this would compare, cost wise, to having some fresh food delivered every couple days by something like instacart?
If I could suggest something. Hello Fresh, or at least when we did it, gives you a hard copy of the recipe and ingredients. We would have 15-20 cards that we kept of the stuff that was easier to make and really good and when we stopped we would add those to our grocery list to remake the meals ourself.

edit: except we would make enough for leftovers

If I could suggest something. Hello Fresh, or at least when we did it, gives you a hard copy of the recipe and ingredients. We would have 15-20 cards that we kept of the stuff that was easier to make and really good and when we stopped we would add those to our grocery list to remake the meals ourself.

edit: except we would make enough for leftovers

Yep, we like this as well. We have all the recipe cards as well and use them still.

Jeff - if you like meal prep, I’d give it a go. We did this at a time when my wife was at home and I was in the office. I enjoy cooking more than she does, so I’d come home and finish up what she started. There are other meal services out there, even ones where you can have meals already prepped for you. But that to me, takes all the fun out of cooking.

I can't even order groceries online because I want to be able to look over the food, and hand pick the meat and veggies I want.
If you want the freshest vegetables, the most awesome meats, and exotic fishes, do curbside pickup through Walmart! 😂

If you want the freshest vegetables, the most awesome meats, and exotic fishes, do curbside pickup through Walmart! 😂
Dude we rarely have an issue with produce or meat we get from the pick up. If we do we file a return and get our money back no questions.

Yeah Walmart. We bought a 1/4 cow last year. That meat was so fatty. We usually stick to ground beef and roasts. Steaks we get elsewhere.

A 1/4 cow at Walmart? Where? How did you order it?