• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Arturo Gran Anneverxario Sungrown

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I tell you what, I couldn’t ask for a more picture perfect day; 80 degrees, plenty of sun, nice breeze. Just right. I got to leave work early with the long Easter weekend coming, so got changed and headed outside to fire up this Anniverxario Sungrown. The wrapper is a good bit darker than the natural of course, smooth with only slight noticeable oils. It feels a little light in the hand, firm when squeezed, and good bunching in the foot. I punch the cap and find an absolutely perfect draw with a very good, aged tobacco taste.

I torch the foot and get a good, even burn going, take a few puffs and then a long draw. Wow. The smoke was unbelievable smooth and creamy with a perfect amount of cinnamon spice in the medium bodied smoke. Incredible flavors of cocoa, roasted nuts, cedar wood, earth, amongst a host of other flavors I can’t even begin to describe. This is a freakin’ fantastic cigar right from the first draw! I can detect a distinct very aged Opus flavor coming through as well. The finish is utterly superb on the palate with lasting, delicious flavor.

The burn is razor sharp with a strong medium gray ash forming with perfect rings from every draw I’m taking, and the draw continues to have a perfect resistance. Flavors are very complex, rich and incredibly smooth with the medium body smoke hitting my palate perfectly. The finish is simply fantastic, long and lasting.

I don’t think there’s anything I could write that would really do this cigar justice. There was just so much complexity from beginning to end. This was one of if not the best NC cigar I have ever smoked. Absolutely in the upper top five in my book. I can’t think Geoff (StinkMonki) enough for giving me the opportunity to smoke such an excellent cigar.

04-09-09AnnixSgrwn001.jpg

04-09-09AnnixSgrwn002.jpg

04-09-09AnnixSgrwn003.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

Wow what a beautifl cigar. I am putting that on my a guy can dream list. :laugh:

Thanks for another out of the park good review my friend.

Wow, just wow, that is one beautiful looking cigar and is definitely on my dream list!

Nice review!

This cigar is AWESOME!

Wish I hadn't given my last one away!

-Rob

Looks like an absolutely incredible cigar! Great review and pics as usual!

Great review. I can't talk myself into spending the money on one, but glad to hear you loved it.

An excellent review for a fantastic cigar - that last "ash" picture is cool as hell, by the way!!

Nice review (again) Greg.
Looks like a very nice cigar you nubbed there!

Nicely done, Greg. I'd have to agree that these cigars are a true masterpiece.

Your review of this cigar made my mouth water! Wow oh wow! I need to try one of those! Thanks for the review.

Had bought a pair of these not long after Kingantz' excellent review. Finally fired them up last night to celebrate a buddy's birthday (he also is a cigar smoker). One of those few smokes I've had that was fantastic from first light down to the nub that burned my fingers.

The draw was perfect. I tend to be a "puffer" and smoke through stuff rather quickly - so I had to slow it down to ensure I enjoyed this properly (while calculating my cost per puff!). I'm not one to use "leather" or "barnyard" in description - and as Kingantz says it's hard to properly describe such a grand cigar. But - let me say the robust flavors simply became better and more interesting as the smoke went on. I didn't expect such a moderate-sized cigar to put out so much great smoke, either.

Had a choice of the sungrown and the natural when I bought them - glad I went with the sungrown as it was simply awesome. Will likely be limited to a once-a-year smoke due to its steep price - meaning I have 364 more days to go - but who's counting.

John

Wow
After reading you guys posts I need one lol
I checked everywhere its kinda hard to get... one place online was selling a single for $60...
dang, is that a good deal?

$60 is a little high. Holt's had singles for $50. The original release was 96 cigars in a Prometheus humidor for $7500. If the humi is 50% of the price, that makes them about $40 each. One of these will be coming in the next Journey to Chateau Fuente set.