• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Lancero

Eqwhipped

Whiskey is the flower of my people.
This is my first official CP review, I just could not pass up the opportunity to review this rare cigar.

The cigar was provided from a generous CP brother, Thank you @Oldmancigar

Cigar stats (barrowed from Half-wheel)
Cigar Reviewed: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Lancero
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Factory: Tabacalera Cubana S.A.
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Rosado
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size: 6 7/8 Inches
Ring Gauge: 42
Shape: Lancero

I thought this cigar was complex and had a evolving flavor profile from first light until the last draw.

20211010_111854.jpg

The lancero was firm throughout and was capped with a twist similar pigtail.

20211010_111926.jpg

I chose a strait cut for this review to provide a good full draw, it was a little crooked but still provided a great experience. Notice how tight the bunching is, the draw was still perfect. Pre-light aroma and taste were notes of rich tobacco, raisins and a sort of anise (black liquorish) taste.

20211010_112511.jpg

11:20am by the river first light draws offered up spicy herbal nuances and a bit of that anise flavor.

11:30am Smoke is thick and tastes of leather, cream and almost butter. Retro hale is mild pepper and more of that thick creamy deliciousness.

20211010_113651.jpg

11:47am The herbal anise is sweeter like a cookie, and the pepper on the retro hale is very sharp (actually made me sneeze) and the cigar body is growing in strength.

12:08pm Getting much more complex now, earthy notes have overtaken the herbal ones in a nice transition. The pepper is still sharp accompanied by cedar and the cream is still present.

12:53pm Full bodied finishing strength, Earthy, complex and just starting to get bitter. Time to say goodbye, what a ride!

20211010_125259.jpg

This is my first official CP review, I just could not pass up the opportunity to review this rare cigar.

The cigar was provided from a generous CP brother, Thank you @Oldmancigar

Cigar stats (barrowed from Half-wheel)
Cigar Reviewed: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Lancero
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Factory: Tabacalera Cubana S.A.
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Rosado
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size: 6 7/8 Inches
Ring Gauge: 42
Shape: Lancero

I thought this cigar was complex and had a evolving flavor profile from first light until the last draw.

View attachment 47910

The lancero was firm throughout and was capped with a twist similar pigtail.

View attachment 47907

I chose a strait cut for this review to provide a good full draw, it was a little crooked but still provided a great experience. Notice how tight the bunching is, the draw was still perfect. Pre-light aroma and taste were notes of rich tobacco, raisins and a sort of anise (black liquorish) taste.

View attachment 47908

11:20am by the river first light draws offered up spicy herbal nuances and a bit of that anise flavor.

11:30am Smoke is thick and tastes of leather, cream and almost butter. Retro hale is mild pepper and more of that thick creamy deliciousness.

View attachment 47912

11:47am The herbal anise is sweeter like a cookie, and the pepper on the retro hale is very sharp (actually made me sneeze) and the cigar body is growing in strength.

12:08pm Getting much more complex now, earthy notes have overtaken the herbal ones in a nice transition. The pepper is still sharp accompanied by cedar and the cream is still present.

12:53pm Full bodied finishing strength, Earthy, complex and just starting to get bitter. Time to say goodbye, what a ride!

View attachment 47913
Great review and way to nub that thing!

Great review, and that cigar looks exquisite! I love me some Pepin -- glad you did, too!

Thank you all,
I will continue to develop my senses and there will be more reviews to come.

Nice! You should buy a new one if they still make them. You’d be amazed at how strong they are the first 1/2 inch when fresh.
Your right, the fresh ones are stronger, and they still sell them. This was a 13 year old with obviously some mellowing with the years.
But, Pepin was a great blender, from Cuba his purpose was re-create the Cuban style as closely as possible without using Cuban tobacco
and these cigars has done wonderfully with those years.
GREAT REVIEW: EQUWHIPPED: wow you finished it in 50 minutes, that was fast 😎

Last edited: