• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dun Dun Dun....! New Humidor...

Welcome to CP! :thumbs:

You will need a "coolerdor" before long if you hang around this place, trust me...... ;)

I know, sad but true. I'm searching threads as I post to learn how to build on/see some pics of one fullyu constructed!!!

since this got bumped up. Mind posting your inventory now Jon? Lets see how far you have come. :D

That's a good idea for a new thread. First vs. current setups... see how far people have come since they started out on the boards. I'm sure most people still have pics of their starter humi's. And can take pics of their current setups for comparison.

If I had any kind of motivation, I'd start that thread!

:laugh: :whistling: :rolleyes:

since this got bumped up. Mind posting your inventory now Jon? Lets see how far you have come. :D

That's a good idea for a new thread. First vs. current setups... see how far people have come since they started out on the boards. I'm sure most people still have pics of their starter humi's. And can take pics of their current setups for comparison.

If I had any kind of motivation, I'd start that thread!

:laugh: :whistling: :rolleyes:

Nah "Ounceman," just leave it to your Resident Post Whoring Noob!! I'll kick off a thread sometime soon here... :p Lemme get some updated pictures for you gents in a day or two when I'm notin the middle of the work week. :thumbs:

Your going to want to get those acids out of there asap! My humidor was nearly ruined by those damn things!

but that just me :p

Your going to want to get those acids out of there asap! My humidor was nearly ruined by those damn things!

GROSS!! Those suckers are LONG GONE since my first month of being here!!!

Souldog -

Remember this?? "SEARCH" is your friend! ;)

~ t

So I've got a new humi coming in, it's my first humidor ever, and I only know two people who smoke cigars. My humidor is an approximate 200+ count humidor, and the two cigar smokers I know do not own humidors that are near that size. So I guess my question is, as every newbie that comes into this forum has an annoying question: With a humidor this size, are there any special considerations I need to take in while seasoning it?

Also, what is the basic process of seasoning?

Additionally, I am concerned about how many humidifiers I'll need to maintain the humidity levels in the humidor I have coming this Wednesday. I have some Heartfelt Industry beads on order and am hoping for the best. I basically don't want to spend a whole ton of money on products that don't work, but I am more than willing to spend a reasonable amount of coin to make sure my investments (AKA "my sticks") are properly stored. I have a couple boxes on incoming shipments and I want to be ready for them.

Hey souldog24ca, welcome to CP. I think you're going to like it here. Stick around, read the rules, follow the mantra "read more, post less" and don't turn into some kind of an asshat. Oh, and buy a bigger humi.

:sign:

10 months of being on CP and he's replaced them with all Opus and Anejo! :whistling:

I was not patient at all with my first humidor either and my sticks suffered bad from it. Take your time like others have set. Very nice looking humidor you have there. If you stick around I'm sure it won't be long till you upgrade.

Souldog -

Remember this?? "SEARCH" is your friend! ;)

~ t

So I've got a new humi coming in, it's my first humidor ever, and I

I remember that I posted it on FEBRUARY 8 3008... When did you join again?? :whistling:

I was not patient at all with my first humidor either and my sticks suffered bad from it. Take your time like others have set. Very nice looking humidor you have there. If you stick around I'm sure it won't be long till you upgrade.
Again, originally posted on FEBRUARY 8, 2008. :laugh: :laugh:

There's also another CP Mantra that I know too well, and would like to pass on some friendly advice to you two from Brent:

"read more, post less"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh soulpuppy - it seems you can dish it out but can't take it. I was just reminding you that you too once was given that advice. Now it seems to be a boiler plate response for you each time a noob asks a question...poor poor puppy...so sad. :( :D

Also - you can "quote" others so well - ever have an original response? ???

~ t