• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edmundo Dantes, Mexican Regional Release

Excellent review Wilkey! I'd been very hesitant to fire one of these up fearing that they needed much down time.

Interesting review, Wilkey. I smoked one in early June and found it horribly youthful and grassy for the entire first half. I seriously considered pitching it. It redeemed itself in the second half, exhibiting nice cocoa flavors, and reminded me a lot of the Monte Edmundo. After my experience, I assumed these would need years to be smokable.

Thanks for the review, Wilkey. I wonder how the second release compares with the first. I'll send you one of the initial release. I'd send a Tat Black as well, but I'm all out. :)

Interesting review, Wilkey. I smoked one in early June and found it horribly youthful and grassy for the entire first half. I seriously considered pitching it. It redeemed itself in the second half, exhibiting nice cocoa flavors, and reminded me a lot of the Monte Edmundo. After my experience, I assumed these would need years to be smokable.

Big ring gauges such as the vitola 109 require age to bring the cigar into balance (I know you know this, Elliot). I've smoked one of the initial release cigars, probably a few months after the box code. It was still wet and contained characteristics of the Monte marca (for me). By that I mean the somewhat fruity (muted orange zest, among others) but woody undertone. It became quite acrid in the final 1/3, so I put it down.

Does this cigar have the congeners to go the distance? I'm not expert enough, but we'll see.

Nice review Wilkey...thanks. I was given one by Drew at Mercer and can't wait to light it up.

These really are something, and will be the stuff of legend in the future. I'm smoking one right now, and all I can say is WOW! This is already somewhat of a blockbuster, and I'm only two inches into it.. :cool: