• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2023

Saison "First Harvest 2009", by Oliva. I had to go look this one up. They say it's "new".
Medium/full Nicaraguan, with an Ecuador Habano wrapper.

About five bucks online. There were five of these in the bottom of the humidor, and I don't have a clue how long they've been there, or how much I paid for them. Early this year, I think - and less that $3 would be a good guess. :) This humidor is always at 68 or 69%, so it's probably "seasoned" OK.

A bit of pepper right away and maybe some bitterness. I'll have to revisit this cigar.

Very good construction. Nice draw with an even burn - all the way to the nub.

View attachment 74141
View attachment 74142
I grabbed a box of these 2009 probably 10 years ago. I'm down to 3-4 cigars left. For me they are a treat now to smoke now.

$1.87 Victor Sinclair Vintage Select 6 x 60 - from a large sampler pack of VS cigars. The "everyday" price for this sampler is 40 cigars/$110. ($2.75/ea)

Dominican, with Dominican long leaf fillers and an Brazilian Maduro wrapper.

I was reluctant to fire this one up because of the dark appearance ( I like the mellow/medium variety) but it turned out to be nice and smooth. Probably a "medium" stick. Tasty. Very well behaved. These have been in the humidor for a fuzz over a month @68%.

View attachment 73067

Now two months @68%, and my second one of these.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

VS Vintage Select.jpg

I grabbed a box of these 2009 probably 10 years ago. I'm down to 3-4 cigars left. For me they are a treat now to smoke now.

Ditto. Except I probably have half left. I look forward to easily grabbing from boxes that I usually only rotate in their cooler/bin twice a year at this point.

I also have no doubt that we probably bought from the same promo email on this box! 🤣

Cuban Classics Barber Pole 6 x 60.

A medium Nicaraguan, with an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

Everyday online: About $2.75. A bit less for you coupon shoppers.

This one burned very nice, all the way to the end. Nice smoke.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Cuban Classic Barber Pole.jpg

Raji's Untimely Demise in the handy Churchill size.
Everyday price of $1.65, but they can be had for less than a dollar.

Mild Dominican - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.
Decent smoke, for less than a dollar.

I had "company" for this smoke. These little guys seemed interested in my cigar ( they kept crawling up my shirt).

Rajis Utimate Demise.jpg
Walking Stick - 1.jpg
Walking Stick - 2.jpg

A $2.03 Gurkha Sherpa Maduro 6 x 54. SALE !
Everyday online 25 sticks/$65.

Medium/full Connecticut broadleaf binder with an Maduro wrapper. Dominican, Honduran, and Nicaraguan fillers.
My third one of these, and they certainly smoke way above this price point. This one was well behaved.

Gurkha Sherpa.jpg