• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2023

NUB Maduro 4 x 60. Nicaraguan with a Maduro wrapper.

Eight bucks everyday online. - this one was < $2.50

The literature say "medium", but this one was more like a "full".

My second one of these, from the same sampler pack.
A little strong for my tastes. Still, a very flavorful and well behaved cigar.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nub Maduro.jpg

NUB Maduro 4 x 60. Nicaraguan with a Maduro wrapper.

Eight bucks everyday online. - this one was < $2.50

The literature say "medium", but this one was more like a "full".

My second one of these, from the same sampler pack.
A little strong for my tastes. Still, a very flavorful and well behaved cigar.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

View attachment 74808

That kinda looks like a cross between a brownie & a dog turd! 🤣 I thought I remembered mine with a much smoother wrapper. I’ll have to see if I have any left when I get home…

yeah, mine looks quite a bit different. Maybe it’s just a difference in age or storage conditions or something…

View attachment 74829View attachment 74830

Puff's was a little rough for sure. I've had boxes of these throughout their inception, and wrappers can always vary, but yours is definitely more representative in my experience.

These days too, sometimes it can just be our phones filters. Many want to "smooth" our faces out.. so it can misrepresent what out cigars look like irl. Every one of my wrinkles have been earned, I don't need my phone fucking with them!
👴😁

Don Smith Series Dee.

A mellow Churchill for under a dollar 💵💰 - as part of a promotional sampler.
Everyday online price $1.50.

Dominican, with an Ecuador Sumatra wrapper. Honduran and Nicaraguan fillers.

My 3rd smoke of these. Two were well constructed and one was a bit loose. They all smoked well.
Mellow and smooth.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ and a half

Don Smith.jpg

Odyssey Connecticut Robusto. A mild Nicaraguan with an Connecticut wrapper.

Everyday online price 20 sticks/$29.99 at CI. This bundle was $1.08 ea/delivered.

These were delivered on Friday and they went right into their own little airtight container. The hygrometer read 68% this morning, so what the heck, let's smoke one ! It went well with a big cup of coffee.

Good construction, excellent burn.

View attachment 73796

Revisiting this one - three weeks later, with the same result. Light draw with a good, even burn.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2

1000006385.jpg

Last edited:
Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 5.2 x 50.

A mellow Honduran, with Dominican, Honduran, and Nicaraguan fillers - and an Connecticut broadleaf wrapper.
About $7 everyday online.

These came in a promotional 5-pack at $1.87 ea. They've been @68% for about two months.

Good construction with a slow, even burn.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 3/4

Excaliber.jpg

Gurkha Centurion, in a double perfecto.

I like these medium Dominicans - especially when they were $2.58/ea. That's just slightly above the el cheapo cost criteria, but it's close enough.

Dominican filler, Cameroon binder, Connecticut wrapper.

View attachment 71902

It's been a couple of months since I smoked one of these.

This one was also well behaved.

1000006420.jpg

$1.18 Ron Mexico Churchill. A fine Dominican cigar with an Connecticut wrapper.

This one has been at 68% for about six months.

Nice mild stick to go with your morning coffee.

Pairing suggestion: House brand instant coffee, with a glug of Amaretto.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐. 1/3

1000006446.jpg

Last edited:
$1.18 Ron Mexico Churchill. A fine Dominican cigar with an Connecticut wrapper.

This one has been at 68% for about six months.

Nice mild stick to go with your morning coffee.

Pairing suggestion: House brand instant coffee, with a glug of Amaretto.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐. 1/3

View attachment 75044

Talk about a blast from the past! I'll let you know what one with probably 20 years of age has on it soon enough! Almost finished and will be starting the migration soon.

I have the steps and rails on... building a perimeter with decorative rounded-brick around the exterior.. had to deal with an almost 7in grade difference from rear to front.. after brick is in place, gonna fill the entire grade gap with foam insulation. The interior is all wired up, need exterior lighting and then need to start up the humidifier for acclimation.. LOTS of cedar in there to start soaking up!

Resized_Resized_Resized95received951772748086525640.jpeg

Talk about a blast from the past! I'll let you know what one with probably 20 years of age has on it soon enough! Almost finished and will be starting the migration soon.

I have the steps and rails on... building a perimeter with decorative rounded-brick around the exterior.. had to deal with an almost 7in grade difference from rear to front.. after brick is in place, gonna fill the entire grade gap with foam insulation. The interior is all wired up, need exterior lighting and then need to start up the humidifier for acclimation.. LOTS of cedar in there to start soaking up!

View attachment 75057
Looks great Dan, it been fun watching your progress

Back