• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2023

< $3 (promotional) - La Aurora Preferidos Platinum Cameroon - Robusto.

"Dressed in an Ecuadorian Cameroon leaf and bound by Dominican Cibao Valley tobacco. It brings together Dominican tobacco from the Cibao Valley, Brazilian, and African Cameroon leaves in the filler".

My second one of these. This one has been in the humidor @68% for several months.

Excellent construction and a very symmetrical, even burn. Just a fuzz more pepper than I like, but it's still a nice smoke.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

La Aurora Cameroon.jpg

Victor Sinclair Fumas Lonsdale Maduro 6 x 42.
Box of 50 / $54.99 everyday online price. A little less for you coupon shoppers.

The first one is #14 from a box of 50. I fought this one - and lost. Simply wouldn't draw. The dang thing wouldn't smoke in the pipe, either.

Puffy rating: ⭐

View attachment 75605

Not to be dissuaded, I went back to Mr. Humidor and got the stick that was next to it. Identical appearance, but it smoked sooo nice.

Puffy rating ⭐⭐⭐ 2/3

View attachment 75604
The appearance of these remind me a little of the old Padron Fumas. I absolutely loved those, but they're discontinued now.

La Perla Habana Black Pearl Morado Toro.

A mellow/medium Nicaraguan with an Cameroon wrapper. Smooth.

About four bucks online. Puffy price: $1.60.

I admit that I smoked this one right off of the truck - and it smoked well, but the wrapper is a bit thin, and I got a crack in the last 1/3. Some time in the humidor may help that.

Pretty nice cigar for a buck-sixty.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2

View attachment 75083

It's a month later, and another one of these $1.60 La Perla Habana Black Pearl Morado Toros. 2nd stick out of this box.

Good construction with a good draw and an even burn.

Puffy rating ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 7/8

Black Pearl.jpg

A couple of months at 68%, and these have improved.

$1.08 Odyssey Connecticut Robusto. A mild Nicaraguan with an Connecticut wrapper. Everyday online price 20 sticks/$29.99 at CI.

Good construction, excellent burn. A decent smoke for hanging out in the man cave in the early morning hours. And coffee.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 1/2

Odyssey Connecticut.jpg

Victor Sinclair Fumas Lonsdale Maduro 6 x 42.
Box of 50 / $54.99 everyday online price. A little less for you coupon shoppers.

These are made with the scrap leaves leftover from rolling the good cigars. They promise no floor sweepings.

This is #18 from a box of 50. Two of them were a bust. The rest have been pretty decent. Nice flavor. Good, even burn.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2

VS Fumas.jpg

Don't Tread On Me - 6 x 60. The Cigar Page everyday price is 5-pack/$18.
This one was $1.81, as part of a large promotional sampler bundle.

Long leaf Nicaraguan fillers - rolled in Nicaragua, by Carlos Sanchez at his TACASA factory - the same place that makes Cult Original, Cubao Esteli, Cupido and more. All rolled up in a tasty Maduro wrapper.

Medium+ stick that smoked well.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

dont tread on me.jpg

$1.81 Cult Original 6 x 60. Long leaf Nicaraguan fillers, Indonesian binder, and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.
Rolled in Nicaragua, by Carlos Sanchez at his TACASA factory.

These fat cigars can be had for less than four bucks, everyday online price. A bit less for you coupon shoppers.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 3/4

cult.jpg

$1.81 Cult Original 6 x 60. Long leaf Nicaraguan fillers, Indonesian binder, and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

These fat cigars can be had for less than four bucks, everyday online price. A bit less for you coupon shoppers.

View attachment 76924
I don’t accept 1/4 stars. 3.5 or 4? Commit!

;)

$2.50 Victor Sinclair Primeros, on sale. Everyday online price for these toros - - box of 20/$75 ($3.75 ea).

Dominican, with Dominican binders/fillers and Connecticut wrapper.
A nice mild smoke with my morning coffee - before the sun comes up !

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 7/8

All of these Victor Sinclair sticks of various sizes and blends have smoked well, especially at this price point.
This particular box has about three months on it, at 68%.

VS Primeros.jpg

Olivia Master Blend 3 (MB3) in a full strength, box pressed 5 x 50.

Nicaraguan, with a sun grown Connecticut broadleaf wrapper.

<$2.50/delivered (40 cigar Olivia sampler)

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 1/3

Oliva Master Blend III.jpg

Good morning !

Today we have an imported cigar, all the way from the Philippines. Hand rolled in-country - and available @71 cents each (delivered) in the frugal 50-count bundle.

This is my second bundle, and they've been resting about a month at 66%, after arriving slightly wet.

A mellow, nutty, and sometimes slightly floral cigar with varying construction and a thin wrapper, but all of them have smoked well and stayed lit.

Perfect for yard work. Alternatively, remove the bands and hand them out to the moochers.

Puffy rating : ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Double Happiness.jpg

Last edited:
5 Vegas Gold @ $1.87 ea/delivered; promotional 10-pack. Typical everyday online price - $4.

Honduran, with Honduran & Nicaraguan fillers and an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

These have been in the humidor @68% for about five months.

It's a mild stick with good construction, a good draw, and an even burn. Your basic well-behaved cigar. If you like a very mild cigar in the morning, then this one is for you.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 Vegas Gold.jpg

$1.50 Duque (pronounced "du-kay") 7 x 50. A mellow+ smoke

This is your typical budget Dominican, with Dominican Cuban-sandwich style filler, and a Sumatra wrapper. It smoked well and stayed lit.
A good morning stick, or if you just want a mellow smoke.

Pairs well with U-Save instant coffee.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 1/2

the duke.jpg

$1.87 Victor Sinclair Vintage Select 6 x 60 - from a large sampler pack of VS cigars.

Dominican, with Dominican long leaf fillers and an Brazilian Maduro wrapper.

Four months in the 68% box.

A nice, tasty, medium-ish smoke. Well behaved.

Puffy rating ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 3/16

VS Vintage Select.jpg

View attachment 76924

Their Blood Red Moon pipe tobacco is great.

$2.58 Gurkha Centurion, in a double perfecto.

Dominican filler, Cameroon binder, Connecticut wrapper.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Centurion.jpg

Last edited:
$1.81 Cult Ometepe 6 x 60 - one of a large Cult sampler pack.

Nicaraguan long fillers and binder and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

Medium+. Good construction, draw and burn.

Cult Ometope.jpg

Last edited:
$1.81 Cult Ometepe 6 x 60 - one of a large Cult sampler pack.

Nicaraguan long fillers and binder and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

Medium+. Good construction, draw and burn.

View attachment 77129

I think they come in 4 different wrappers. You have the best one, imo. I'm partial to Ometepe though. I posted pics here and my tale of visiting the small island when we went to Nicaragua in 2014. The volcanoes that made the island make for really interesting soil. And the ferry to and from is a blast thanks to the operator and his comedic talents!

Yeah, da Page sells those at great prices as their "Wack Pack". A great value cigar and something you can give to a first-timer and not care much if they don't finish it!