• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Election 2004 Pass

racing_fan said:
Package went out this morning via Fedex overnight. Barney it should be on your doorstep tomorrow.

Tracking # 393913610001152

Thanks for letting me play.
wow don...you dont mess around do ya!!!! ;)

pee peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

oh yeah, nice PTs!!!

after much pondering this is what i've come up with:

Takes

11)San Cristobal El Morro
13) Sancho Panza Sancho
28)CAO Black Belicoso
34)Perdomo Reserve A#4 Maduro
43)AF BTL
44)Trinidad Funadores

Puts

50)RASS
51)Bolivar Corona Extra
52)Monte 4
53)Avo 22
54)Avo 77
55)La Fleur Dominicana DL 700
56)Tony Borhani Bahia Toro Vintage 93
57)Joya de Nicaragua Antano Grand Council
58)Camacho Corojo Churchill
59)J Salazar Toro
60)Padron 1926 #9

if you guys are gonna flame me do it now, before i send it out manana ;)

servebig said:
if you guys are gonna flame me do it now, before i send it out manana  ;)
No intentions of trying to flame you Barney, but since you asked :p that AF BTL is a hard one to justify for an equal "take for take" ratio. Overall it looks more like a classic "quantity for quality" play IMHO. Also, I prefer a standard "havana for equal value havana" for P&Ts too, due to the extra difficulties involved in acquiring them.

:thumbs: MMM

Takes

11)San Cristobal El Morro------------>$10.56
13) Sancho Panza Sancho------------>$15.00
28)CAO Black Belicoso---------------->$6.00
34)Perdomo Reserve A#4 Maduro----->$7.70
43)AF BTL----------------------------->Rare: $30 Value or equal rarity?
44)Trinidad Funadores----------------->$13.90

Puts

50)RASS------------------------------------>$6.36
51)Bolivar Corona Extra--------------------->$6.28
52)Monte 4---------------------------------->$5.32
53)Avo 22----------------------------------->$16.66 @buymorecigars.com
54)Avo 77------------------------------------>$16.00 MSRP @www.mydiscountcigar.com/avo77ltd.html
55)La Fleur Dominicana DL 700--------------->
56)Tony Borhani Bahia Toro Vintage 93------->
57)Joya de Nicaragua Antano Grand Council---->$3.45
58)Camacho Corojo Churchill------------------->$4.48
59)J Salazar Toro------------------------------>
60)Padron 1926 #9---------------------------->$18.00

MilesMingusMonk said:
servebig said:
if you guys are gonna flame me do it now, before i send it out manana  ;)
No intentions of trying to flame you Barney, but since you asked :p that AF BTL is a hard one to justify for an equal "take for take" ratio. Overall it looks more like a classic "quantity for quality" play IMHO. Also, I prefer a standard "havana for equal value havana" for P&Ts too, due to the extra difficulties involved in acquiring them.

Takes

11)San Cristobal El Morro------------>$10.56
13) Sancho Panza Sancho------------>$15.00
28)CAO Black Belicoso---------------->$6.00
34)Perdomo Reserve A#4 Maduro----->$7.70
44)Trinidad Funadores----------------->$13.90

Puts

50)RASS------------------------------------>$6.36
51)Bolivar Corona Extra--------------------->$6.28
52)Monte 4---------------------------------->$5.32
53)Avo 22----------------------------------->$16.66 @buymorecigars.com
54)Avo 77------------------------------------>$16.00 MSRP @www.mydiscountcigar.com/avo77ltd.html
55)La Fleur Dominicana DL 700--------------->
56)Tony Borhani Bahia Toro Vintage 93------->
57)Joya de Nicaragua Antano Grand Council---->$3.45
58)Camacho Corojo Churchill------------------->$4.48
59)J Salazar Toro------------------------------>
60)Padron 1926 #9---------------------------->$18.00
no worries kirk...thats why i posted first. i havent had a BTL and i relaize how hard they are to come by (thanks gp!!!) as far as havanas i dont have any bigger size ones or i woulda put them in...avo 22, avo 77, and 1926s are hard to come by too.

anyway i wanted to post before sending tommorow, but now i'll need to go back to the drawing board. damn!

what if i stick an opus robusto in there?

barney

servebig said:
no worries kirk...thats why i posted first. i havent had a BTL and i relaize how hard they are to come by (thanks gp!!!) as far as havanas i dont have any bigger size ones or i woulda put them in...avo 22, avo 77, and 1926s are hard to come by too.

anyway i wanted to post before sending tommorow, but now i'll need to go back to the drawing board. damn!

what if i stick an opus robusto in there?

barney
Personally, I'd stick to the basics, brother...

1.) Avoid "quantity for quality" ---it only serves to dilute the pass.
2.) Havana for an equal value havana
3.) Premium Domestic ( ie. Opus X/Anejo/ Padron Annis /AVo 22&77) for an equal value Premium Domestic.
4.) Avoid low end "fillers" as extras

...and that BTL would need host approval I would think! JMHO.

Good luck!

I don't see a problem with ServeBigs Puts/Takes....AVO 22 is rare and isn't produced anymore and as far as I know, the BTL is still being produced. Now ISOM for ISOM is not fair in that you took big sticks and put back in small ones. I'm sure you'll get it worked out :thumbs:

Cliff

tobaccobarns has BTLs listed at $15.45, somewhat lower than the $20 MSRP. I have no idea if they are in stock or not. At that price, I doubt it. OTOH, I bought Padron 64 and 26s there for MSRP when others were sold out or selling at higher prices.

If a cigar goes out of stock at most places, and is only available at those places that sell significantly higher than MSRP, what is the value of that cigar? The $15.45 that I paid, or the $30+ it may cost to buy one today?

I'll butt out and shut up now :lookup:

Sean

[edited for spelling]

Good lord man, were the hell are you shopping!! You’re talkin' about a $6 stick!! It may be rare, but don't be fooled! It may be a decent stick {IF YOU ARE IN TO THEM} but it sure as hell ain't something to go nuts over! :p :p It’s just another AF!! ;)

JOE.M. said:
You’re talkin' about a $6 stick!!
Joe,

Heads up Assman !

Paypal payment sent! ($150.00 + $4.30 shipping via Priority)

Thanks man for the sealed box of BTLs ! I owe you one! ;)

MilesMingusMonk said:
JOE.M. said:
Joe,

Heads up Assman !

LMAO... :sign:

I have no comment on the ISOMS due to limited experience.

I can only add that the BTL was bought for $17.00 ($34.00 for two) from Filbrent. But they were available at that time but as I understand they are shipped once a year in select localities and are gone as soon as they are unloaded. Around here they are only myth :0

Actually I traded both and have never smoked one before :p Next split I guess as I hated to burn such a pretty cigar???

I would suggest it should be replaced with a rare cigar though.

Anyways, The final decision is up to someone else. I'm staying out of it ;)

3M is very much on the right page!

Quality for Quantity ... no ifs ands or buts! And It was more than just the BTL... :lookup:

I am dumbfounded why people don't list in order of take for put... stick for stick, instead of scatter there P&T's. Extras can just be listed at the bottom. It just leaves nothing to the imagination.

MilesMingusMonk said:
JOE.M. said:
Joe,

Heads up Assman !

You would be waistin' you cash brother!! There are much better things than Fuentes for one hell of a lot less!! ;)

ok guys...the input is much appreciated. kirk, i hear ya bro, on all fronts. i'm gonna go back to the drawing board, and im not gonna take the BTL, because there doesnt seem to be anything out there that can be traded for this one ;)

pass will go out manana, and everyone will be happy. i gau..run...f*ckin...tee

barney :D

cohibasurfer said:
I am dumbfounded why people don't list in order of take for put... stick for stick, instead of scatter there P&T's. Extras can just be listed at the bottom. It just leaves nothing to the imagination.
CS...i dont wanna dumbfound you dude ;) when i do the final post i'll make sure and simplify it for you :D

barney

Hey Barney, if it is OK with the Host, keep the BTL. When the pass gets to me, I will replace it with another BTL. I think your exchanges are fine. Keep the BTL, lets hear from CC on this .

JOE.M. said:
You would be waistin' you cash brother!! There are much better things than Fuentes for one hell of a lot less!! ;)[/QUOTE]
I would say I have heard same but would suggest a guy try one to say he had.

If I recall I traded my other BTL for a UTSM. A little easier to find I hear (never see them around here either :( ) but I am told a little better smoke.

I just haven't had a good occasion to burn it.

I also enjoyed a DC Presidenta this spring but it was an end of a stressful day smoke so maybe a backwoods also would have been good ???

servebig said:
cohibasurfer said:
CS...i dont wanna dumbfound you dude ;) when i do the final post i'll make sure and simplify it for you :D

barney
Do it for yourself .... dood.

It'll make things easy to discern for yourself, as well as the rest of the discriminating members looking on.

Comprende'? :)

Captain B said:
Hey Barney, if it is OK with the Host, keep the BTL. When the pass gets to me, I will replace it with another BTL. I think your exchanges are fine. Keep the BTL, lets hear from CC on this .
brian thats really nice of you...but i would rather trade you for it and keep GPs in the pass...if thats ok with you PM me!

barney