• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Election 2004 Pass

Glad to see the BTl made it safely.

In Indiana you have to declare your party affiliation in the primary. Always have.

You get a ballot for the party you declare for and vote for who you want to run in the fall election. I thought it worked that way everywhere.

YOu get a piece of paper with the letter R or D on it. you hand that to the machine observer and she sets up the machine for the right choices. Then you vote.

R for Right, D for Dummy :p

Hey, Ben!!!

Quit that politicking and get out by your mailbox!! Geez, arrange your priorities, willya?!? :sign:

DC# is:03040370000163972281

Should be there by Wednesday, if the PO can decipher those funky Washington addresses accurately. :D

Enjoy!!!

Gunpowder said:
In Indiana you have to declare your party affiliation in the primary. Always have.

You get a ballot for the party you declare for and vote for who you want to run in the fall election. I thought it worked that way everywhere.

YOu get a piece of paper with the letter R or D on it. you hand that to the machine observer and she sets up the machine for the right choices. Then you vote.

I don't have any problem with that system, never have. It' s the paranoia that the Republicans evidenced that bugged me (and apparently many Republicans as well).

Their stated reason for the loyalty oath ('cause that's what it amounted to) was so that those sneaky Democrats couldn't come in and vote for the weaker of the candidates, and thereby slant the November elections.

Personally, I think it was due to the fact that the Republicans have been in undisputed control here for so long, most party members don't even bother to vote in the primaries
anymore.

Indiana, huh? I have a friend there, law prof emeritus from IU. He has a license plate on his car that reads "DEMCRAT". He has had things thrown at him, been flipped off, had weapons brandished, been cut off in traffic, you name it.

Nice tolerant folks you got out there in the midwest. And to think, we missed having Dan Quayle as veep. :sign: :sign:

R for Reactionary, D for Decent and Deliberative. :p :p

:sign:

Dan wrote a very nice book after his term as VP. "Standing Firm" is a nice read. I recommend it. I hope you enjoyed my photos of my soveniers from the Bush/Quayle ralley Psyktek.

Cam,
Package arrived safely yesterday thanks you shouldn't have LOL ;)

Will include it when the box arrives if I haven't smoked em before then...........

Waiting for the package to arrive! PP dance time :D

BenjieV :D

benjiev said:
Cam,
Package arrived safely yesterday thanks you shouldn't have LOL ;)

Will include it when the box arrives if I haven't smoked em before then...........

Waiting for the package to arrive! PP dance time :D

My uh........................pleasure? :D

Gunpowder said:
Glad to see the BTl made it safely.

Gee, (actually I should have quoted psyktek's post) I didn't realize primary voting created such havoc in other states.

In Connecticut you have to be registered with a party to vote in their primaries. If you are registered "unaffiliated" you can change to a party affiliation to vote in a primary any time you want BUT if you are registered with a party you can switch your party affiliation to a different party BUT you don't get "party priviledges" (like being able to vote in a primary, being able to be a member of that party's local or state committee) for NINETY days.

We tend to not have many primaries anyway and when we do, we're lucky if 20% of those reigstered in a particular party vote in the primary anyway.

Connecticut passed a "direct primary" law last year giving candidates the right to petition for a primary by collecting signatures instead of garnering a certain percentage of delegates at a convention but only one candidate took advantage of this new law this year. One of the changes the direct primary law did was to move the primary to August from September. September primaries are ridiculous, it's one of the ridiculous forms of incumbency protection going :0 and okay Bob, since the DEMOCRATS :p have been in charge in Connecticut for so long, most people wanted to move the primary date to a real month like June but the Democratically controlled legislature refused to do it. They talk a great game about "good government" but the reality is they won't pass laws that may bite them in the a$$. Hey, I'll admit, there wasn't a whole lot of noise made by the Republicans in CT on this one either. This just reinforces my theory about the two-party system, the two parties are not "Democrats" & "Republicans" but rather "Incumbents" & "Challengers" or "Insiders" & "Outsiders" ;)

Five presidents are on a plane: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. George Washington says, "I will make someone happy!" and throws a dollar bill off the plane.
Then Abraham Lincoln says, "I will make five people happy!" and throws 5 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Thomas Jefferson says, "I will make 500 people happy!" and throws 500 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Bill Clinton says, "I will make the whole world happy!" and throws George W. Bush off the plane.

:p

Okay all you political savvy guys just checking in to let you know the package has arrived at my doorstep in one piece.

Unfortunately I am tied up with the Jewish New Year celebration of Rosh Hashana (Happy New Year 5762 to all of you and your families) and will not get to the package till tomorrow afternoon.

Will turn it around as fast as I can ;)

"The Honorable"

cohibasurfer said:
Five presidents are on a plane: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. George Washington says, "I will make someone happy!" and throws a dollar bill off the plane.
Then Abraham Lincoln says, "I will make five people happy!" and throws 5 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Thomas Jefferson says, "I will make 500 people happy!" and throws 500 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Bill Clinton says, "I will make the whole world happy!" and throws George W. Bush off the plane.

:sign: That's a good one.

cohibasurfer said:

NO NO CS, you screwed up the punch line:

George W. Bush says "I will make the whole world happy!" and throws Bill Clinton off the plane.

At least how that's I've always heard that one :sign:

Must be the VRWC circlesI travel in :D

CC

Pass is on its way to RacinFan in CA. Great scrap book I'll be callin no you next year for some help when I run my campaign for re-election ;)

Confirmation #0304 0370 0001 6397 2298

Takes
#7 SLR Double Corona
#10 San Cristobal El Principe

Puts
#44 Cohiba Esplendido
#45 Trini Fundadore
#46 HDM Epicure 1
#47 Partagas 8-9-8 Unvarnished

I've added the official 10 year Newcastle Anniversary pin for you. Couldn't find any of my campaign pins and my wife threw away all the political propaganda I collected at the city get together.

Thanks for letting me play :D

Holy MOMMA, this pass is moving FAST :0 I'm sorry to all the rest of you who I have not checked in with but everything's going great and I really appreciate the stuff you're all dropping in the box. I've been going crazy with campaigns for the last few weeks and haven't been able to get enough quality CP time lately :p (Horse is probably happy about that :p )

I hope y'all like the rulers :)

And I hope psyktek didn't take ALL the Bush stickers, ya gotta leave some for the rest of us :p

Thanks for playin' Benjie :thumbs:
Those SLR DC's are smokin' GREAT right now

As far as campaign advice, here's some basics from CC86 Political Consulting LLC:
1. "Smile" all the time (you got a great smile Ben that'll knock 'em dead!!)
2. Knock on lots of door OF PEOPLE WHO VOTE

I got lots of other ideas to so by all means, let me know and I can send ya some info ;)

WOW the Newcastle pin sounds GREAT :thumbs:

The pass is moving along at a great pace :thumbs:

I finally met my candidate's opponent last Friday. We taped a local cable access show with her. She refused to go on camera with Mike and insisted that he do the first 15 minutes and she get interviewed 2nd. I had to laugh because I was in the control room when with her when Mike was being taped and he did extremely well. So well in fact that she was having fits watching him and she ended up being a little off her game when it was her turn. We're out just about every day campaigning and it's going real well. Cross your fingers for us, I think we can win this one :thumbs:

Looking forward to the package :p

Now CC, what can you do about getting me elected as Governor of California.

I think that being Governor sounds like a pretty cool job and I hear that the benefits and retirement are great :thumbs:

Package was recieved in good order yesterday.

Very cool reading CC, thanks for including it. And thank you for the Bush/Cheney bumper sticker. I can now completely annoy the Bay Area Liberals around here, which is not too hard to do, just mention anything bad about Kerry and your car gets keyed and the tires slashed.

Anyway back to business...

Takes:
#39 Cuaba - Generosos
#47 Partagas - 898

Puts:
#48 Hoyo De Monterey EL 2003 - Belicoso
#49 El Rey De Mundo - Tainos

Package went out this morning via Fedex overnight. Barney it should be on your doorstep tomorrow.

Tracking # 393913610001152

Thanks for letting me play.

Kids wanted a second younger dog that would play with them so we found a free registered Republican dog.

Here is a more well known dog of the same species: Barney Bush

Gunpowder said:
Kids wanted a second younger dog that would play with them so we found a free registered Republican dog.

Here is a more well known dog of the same species: Barney Bush
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....great name for a dog, huh? :D