• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Election Day CONTEST!

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
I've been scarce because I'm helping out many of my political friends with their campaigns. In the odd years in Connecticut we elect most of our local leaders and local positions in the 169 different towns in the state and I'm helping out a friend who's running for mayor in Newburyport, MA.

So I have to post my predicitions SOMEWHERE so I can say "I predicted that" so sorry, you guys are going to have to be subjected to a thread that you don't care about but TOO BAD!

Republican wins:
Brooklyn: Engle wins
Thompson: Babbitt wins
Ellington: Stupinski wins
Stafford: Bacchiochi wins
Canterbury: Dupont wins
Woodstock: Very wins
Willington: Eldredge wins
Pomfret: Patenaude wins
Voluntown: Grimm wins
Bozrah: Robbins wins
Preston: Congdon wins
Columbia: Wiggins wins
Sprague: Allen wins
New Milford: Murphy wins
Litchfield: Paul wins
Thomaston: Piscopo wins
Fairfield: Stone wins

Democrat wins:
Plainfield: Cunningham wins
Windham: Paulhaus wins
Lebanon: Okunuk wins
Colchester: Contois wins
Griswold: Brycki wins
Vernon: Marmer wins
Chaplin: Lanzit wins
Hampton: Chapel wins
Sterling: Firlik wins
Tolland: Democrats win Town Council
Washington: Sears wins

And last but not least, in Newburyport, MA - Donna Holaday WINS Mayor!!!!(non partisian election, she's a Democrat and a good friend. Yeah I know, some of you guys just fell on the floor.... :laugh: )

The only three I may be wrong on are the first three BUT I could be wrong on more (like I was in 2003 )

Tell ya what, for the FIRST PERSON that guesses exactly how many I get WRONG, I'll send ya a couple of nice cigars. NO POST EDITING!! Contest closes at 8:00 p.m. EST on November 8th.

The Stafford race is of particular importance to me, that's where I'll be pretty much all day tomorrow. I helped this guy out in 2003 (I was his full time campaign manager) and we lost a very close election. Stafford is the most Democratic town (voter registration) in Eastern Connecticut so if we win this one, it will be a huge upset. The guy who barely beat him in 2003 is NOT running for reelection so that's a plus! :thumbs:

It's either going to be a HUGE party in Stafford tomorrow or another let down, I honestly don't know which way this one's going to go so wish me luck. BTW, Stafford has not had a Republican "First Selectman" (basically the same as a Mayor) since the mid 1950's but ya never know. We feel very good about it this time around. We did a poll in August that showed we were slightly ahead and we haven't made any mistakes since.....

See, all of a sudden you guys are interested now right?

LMAO!!! WOW I should send you cigars just for the huge vote of confidence! :laugh:

ok... addy in profile! :laugh:

:cool:

but I should tell ya I never win a thing... ever.

Well...Since 0 is already taken, I'm gonna say three.

I don't really have any idea who any of those people are at all, but I say 3 sounds about right :)

I'd have to say that you got 58% of them correct. Any better than that and I'd have you pick my weekly lottery numbers........ :D :thumbs: :p

I think you're only gonna get 2 wrong.....

and... Yes, you are right... I didn't care about it till I saw the contest..... LMAO

OK Bill, you'll come up missing 5 of them. :whistling:

Well 5 would have been my first guess but since that is taken I'll go with 6.

I say 4. Instead of sending cigars, I'll send you up that old caddy I was talking about last week and you can restore it for me as a reward for the contest! ;) Thanks for the advice by the way, and good luck to the people you helped out with campaigns.

You're off on 8 of them! I've been working on our local elections here in Atlanta, as well. Today's the day, so good luck to all. :)

How many is "usually"? :p

I'll take 6 while I wait.

edit:
I didn't see that kingpin took 6 already so I'll go with 6 and a run-off :p

coventrycat86 said:
she's a Democrat and a good friend. Yeah I know, some of you guys just fell on the floor.... :laugh: )

I'll go with 3 wrong, and yes I fell back and hit my head on the ground! Damn you CC! :sign: :laugh:

I say 25%...so, 7. BTW, the legislative atty position didn't come through....probably for the best...justified sour grapes.

Hmmmm... looks like ONE is the only decent number still available. I hope your candidates do well this year!