• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Electronic Humidifier

ksknnr

I apologize if this has been covered, but I di a search and could not find any info. I was curious is anyone has had any experince in using an electronic humidifier in a coolidor or Wine cooler humidor? I am thinking about purchasing a wine cooler to store my cigars, and I thought an electronic humidifier would be prety efective? et me know if anyone has any thoughts,

thanks
kevin

Don't bother, search beads. Just don't lick them.

It's been discussed, but I don't mind answering. Electronic humidifiers are for the most part overkill in a wineador. Beads are normally the humidification of choice in wineadors, I have them in mine. But I guess it depends on the humidifier you choose to you. Obviously a 4 canister Avallo is too much, but a one of the right size will work just fine. But then again, you have to drill a hole in your unit for the power cord. Just food for thought.

thanks for the info guys, and I will try not to lick the beads, but it will be tough.

You found the beads right??
http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=65%25+Rh+Humidity+Beads

http://www.avallohumidors.com/

Got the Cooled 2000, Could NOT ask for better....

It's been discussed, but I don't mind answering. Electronic humidifiers are for the most part overkill in a wineador. Beads are normally the humidification of choice in wineadors, I have them in mine. But I guess it depends on the humidifier you choose to you. Obviously a 4 canister Avallo is too much, but a one of the right size will work just fine. But then again, you have to drill a hole in your unit for the power cord. Just food for thought.

The bold portion isn't entirely true. If you're using a thermoelectric based wineador, active humidification isn't a requirement. As stated beads are the most popular solution. If you choose to use a compressor based wineador, active or as you put it electronic is the way to go. Compressor based units have a larger capacity and are typically a lot cheaper, not to mention more reliable (cooling) in the long run.

Use the search feature here and on Google as this has been discussed over and over again.

Electronic Humidifier is the most effective electronic humidifier. It is fully prepared to properly regulate the humidity inside cabinet or commercial humidors up to 8 cubic feet in size.

Electronic Humidifier is the most effective electronic humidifier. It is fully prepared to properly regulate the humidity inside cabinet or commercial humidors up to 8 cubic feet in size.

Outstanding input. I can never remember, is it Control C to copy and Control V to paste? Or the other way around?

Outstanding input. I can never remember, is it Control C to copy and Control V to paste? Or the other way around?

Whats Control V or Control C do Clint?

Look...cows!!