• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Elitist Fog's

emodx said:
1. Is this how you think the board is?
Yes, we are very friendly and flexible community...Sometimes to a fault. But this is better than being over moderated like othe boards.

2. Is this what you expect from this community?
In no way do I done the alleged posts in the chatroom, I expect a lot more from its members than the comments in Beasties post. But at the same time I would like to see the bend, bon't break keep on going. It is a good trait to have.

3. Do you want members to "seek out" trouble"? and do you find this a positive position here in the community?
Uhhh, no. At the same time I don't people not to poke fun at others, as long as it isn't malicious.

4. Can you find anything acceptable in these comments?
No. If these were truely made by PB, then I think that sums up everything. What say you PB?
Holy Cow... I agree with what emo said. :) Especialy since I haven't read but a couple of the posts in this thread. :)

Oh and I agree with what DaveWF said too..all hail Matt R!!!!

TheBeast said:
A brief layout for everyone...this is PB in a conversation with someone logged in as "guest" not sure if they were legit or troliing or what....but that really has no relevance to the point here. PB (bold) / guest (italic) PB refered himself as "LazyAss" and the guests name was apparantly Dick.

I take it, it must take alot to get booted from this site?

yes Dick, it does, we are a friendly and flexible community

that's probably good for you LazyAss

even troublemakers can stay, they may not be real popular, but they can stay... and if they are a real asshole, we make Moderators out of them

would consider yourse;f a trouble maker?...you seem to be one

not me, I find trouble, but I don't make it, I am more of a trouble Seeker

a trouble seeker? That is different how?

It is different because I don't Cause the trouble personally, I just just exploit trouble caused by others, see?

WTF PB...this is so far off base? You're claiming that it is ok to cause trouble, you won't get booted for it, Leebo and myself are apparently "assholes", and you openly seek out trouble.

*** Let me say there was a lot that was said in the chat room leading up to this quote. The name LazyA$$ was given to me by Guest who had stated his real name was Dick(or at least to call him so). In jest, I changed my name, and by all who were there, it was Funny, and Funny is rooted in the word Fun, and that is why we were there. Tyhe comments that were made, were made also in Jest, I meant nothing by them in any way at all. And I am sure it was seen as such by those that were there. If ANYBODY is offended by those remarks I made to Guest then please accept my most humble oppology.

I WANT TO HERE FROM THE MEMBERS...EVERYONE!!!

1. Is this how you think the board is?
***Yes: Friendly and forgiving, very flexible.

2. Is this what you expect from this community?
***Yes and No, even trouble makers have been here a long time. NO, we don't make Moderators out of them, again it was a joke. And Personally, I think this IS the best place to be because of the differences in the members.

3. Do you want members to "seek out" trouble"? and do you find this a positive position here in the community?
***Absolutely NOT, again, said as a joke. Lighten up a bit will ya?

4. Can you find anything acceptable in these comments?
***If these comments were based in true feelings, I would boot myself. They were in keeping with the tone of the particular conversation and again said in Jest.

I WANT REPLIES!!! This is it. We're going to find out what kind of community you guys want. We either grow in a positive direction or this board is headed into the unknown. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS.

***That is what I think is the issue here. Because of my reputation, which I obviously deserve, I must be more carefull what I say. When I make a joke, it is assumed to be my true feelings. I can live with this and will henceforth make a point to NOT make jokes of this nature. Maybe one day you guys will be able to tell when I am joking and we can avoid all this mess. I have said it before and I will say it one more time. The reputation I have as a troublemaker was well earned. There was an issue that I was dealing with badly by trying to deny that I had a problem. This caused a considerable amount of trouble for me. Not just here but also with my family and my job. I was very close to loosing everything. I am now on a number of medications to deal with these issues and I am not the same person who caused all those fights in the past. I am however still a joking kind of person. I make jokes. If my Jokes have offended anybody, again my most sincere oppologies. I will try to refrain from making jokes in the future. I will talk about cigars. If I don't have anything to say about cigars then I simply will not say anything. Is this going to make anybody at all Happy? Let me know if this will work. If this explaination or my resolution is not acceptable, you have but to let me know and I will go away without another word. This is the last and I mean very last thing I will say on this subject. believe me, I am just as tired of the BS as any one of you.
I have made my final statements about this mess inside the quot. My statements are preceded by ***

I don't think you should limit yourself to just cigar talk because a) the lobby is also about sharing jokes, stories, links, etc. and b) because it is just as easy to get into an argument about a cigar (like making fun of people who like ACIDs, fakes ISOMS, etc.)

Sounds like you have already taken a chill pill (or several) so rock on buddy but don't rock the vote!

PB,

While I understand what you are saying about your "problems" you must remember that problems or not, you and you only are accountable for your actions! Justifying what I already knew will not get you anywhere with me.

Unfortunately, the thing with Henry pretty much did it for me. When someone defends some jerk (that comes in here and threatens our members) because he gave you a bunch of cigars, this shows that you have no integrity as far as I'm concerned. There were several other things that happened afterwards, but I'll stop there.I don't associate with these kind of people, so I guess I am an elitest snob, and damn proud of it!!!

I hope you can show folks here that you'll do what you say.

Lumberg,
I can respect what you say. Now, am I wondering in the back of my mind if your first post was a chance to take a shot at Allofus because he called you out about the Priority boxes? Well, I can't help but wonder there....

Carry on....

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Unfortunately, the thing with Henry pretty much did it for me. When someone defends some jerk (that comes in here and threatens our members) because he gave you a bunch of cigars, this shows that you have no integrity as far as I'm concerned.
No comment, I will let everyone decide for themselves whether you have the ability to know what is in my mind ???

Threatening another member is never defensible and I would not try.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Lumberg,
I can respect what you say. Now, am I wondering in the back of my mind if your first post was a chance to take a shot at Allofus because he called you out about the Priority boxes? Well, I can't help but wonder there....

Carry on....
I believe I addressed that at the very beginning of my post.

May I have been harboring some resentment? I don't know. I hope not.

emo made a joke....are you a psychotherapist or something? If so perhaps you should tell me! LOL :p

Just a hunch, Lumberg.

But, as I already told you privately, I don't hold that stuff against you and I just tried to give you advice on how to enjoy this place.

Hopefully, this stuff will take care of itself. I will continue to try to keep things on an even keel here. If I need to step in, you can be certain I will. :D

Lee

Oh shut up, Leebo. If my eyes keep rolling back in my head they might get stuck.

NA

i wouldn't worry about that,neal. my mom always
told me my face was gonna stick like that, but it
never happened.

How in the world could I miss all this?

Jeezze......

PB... STFU.. Yep you read it right here...
(And dont play me with a body slam line's either - you know!)
Take this for what it's worth.

This site is a bastion of Class and Kindness, these guys will do just about anything for a brother and they mean it. This is the first cigar site I came to and I had a great time, still do... My time was wrapped in learning protical, granted I had to learn a few lessions the tough way but these guys have always been if anything overly patient with meatheads such as I was when I arrived.
I will never forget the Mooch lesion...Ever! - Nor the straight forward talk I got here. A few of the true brothers reside here and call it home, you guys know who you are..

I feel the need to share something ...

The membership however will not tollerate continued ignorance..

The guys are all correct we all are acountible for our actions and statments. Rod, I agree with your Last warning.

I have sat in the uncomfortble seat and had to learn things, but you know what?
I dare to guess Im not called a FNG anylonger by anymeans (some guys may call me something a bit more colorfull - but that is another topic)

We live and learn.
A good thing is we will never EVER have to experience a Henry again..:) At least from that factory !

And Matt,
Yes we may think you rule... But in reality it is your wonderfull wife who truly Rules!
With much respect for the tollerance shown...
Hb.
Mike Leahy

Dave...
My appoligies go out to you for my short list blunder. You are one of the most elite FOG"s here... other than Matt of course. (all hail)

And I agree with the comments of Shadow and MattR outclassing the field of players. They have been very generouse to me in the past, with their knowledge and trades(passes).

Damn, I've found something that can break any woman,and a few men, from watching SOAP OPERAS. :lookup:

A link to this thread :0

Time for a group hug :sign:

Now let's get back to the cigar stuff :love:

Leebo8-9-8 said:
PB,

While I understand what you are saying about your "problems" you must remember that problems or not, you and you only are accountable for your actions! Justifying what I already knew will not get you anywhere with me.

Unfortunately, the thing with Henry pretty much did it for me. When someone defends some jerk (that comes in here and threatens our members) because he gave you a bunch of cigars, this shows that you have no integrity as far as I'm concerned. There were several other things that happened afterwards, but I'll stop there.I don't associate with these kind of people, so I guess I am an elitest snob, and damn proud of it!!!

I hope you can show folks here that you'll do what you say.

Carry on....
all i will say is this lee. my brother is often a thick
headed boob with a hair trigger that thrives on conflict.
i've had more than my fair share of near come to blows
fights with him because of this. i realize that most of
the confrontations he gets into here are of his own doing.
i will not, however, allow his integrity to be brought into question.
that is a low blow on your part and you know it. if he stood up
for this harry guy, i'm sure he had his reasons(misguided as
they may have been), and they had
nothing to do with receipt of gifts. he may be a jackass at times,
but he has integrity to spare. if you need to injure him so badly,
take it in a different direction, because you are barking up the
wrong tree with this one. there are not many things i will defend
about my brother because i better than most know how he is.
but integrity is not nor will ever be his problem.

LD, you were'nt here then, you didn't witness it.

Until I see change, that's what I think and it's not up for debate.

i wasn't debating, or trying to start anything.
i was merely stating what i know about my brother
whether i was here or not. and that's all i've got to say
about thaaat.<in my best forrest gump>

Did I miss something?

As you know, I was busy with Election Day yesterday so I didn't even to on-line yesterday.

Some of my thoughts after reviewing the thread:

Rod's site, Rod's rules and I ya know what, it's a darn good site and one I'm proud to be associated with. Rod is a man with honesty, integrity, intelligence and a sense of fairness that you don't find very often in people. This site wouldn't be so successful if it weren't run be someone with those qualities. Yeah okay laugh at me for sucking up to the administrator but it's the truth and we all know it.

We've got a great group of people here and we all have a common interest in cigars that gives us something to talk about with one another and when we break stones or engage in some bantering it's usually all in fun. I have some great laughs here, some at my own expense and some at the expense of others. This place is just like any other collection of people: family, co-workers, fraternity brothers, etc. not ALL of us are all going to love each other ALL of the time. We forge friendships help one another and we're all better for it in the end. Yep, we may tick each other off once in a while but overall we all gain from being involved here otherwise we wouldn't come back.

Geez, am I still trying to run for office or something? :D

It must be my age. The only thing that really jumped out at me in this thread was a chap's reference to divorcing 125 lbs. of carping and complaining female. Congratulations!! I did the same thing thirty-one years ago...And she still gives me nightmares. My dear wife of twenty-seven years and mother of my two wonderful daughters often wonders why I shake in fear in the middle of the night. I've never told her that sometimes, when I wake at night to visit the commode...half awake, half asleep, I forget that decades have flown by, and, for a moment, think I'm about to hear the dreaded voice of Wife #1, "Do you have to make so much noise when you go to the bathroom? It sounds like Niagra Falls."

Steve*R said:
It must be my age. The only thing that really jumped out at me in this thread was a chap's reference to divorcing 125 lbs. of carping and complaining female. Congratulations!! I did the same thing thirty-one years ago...And she still gives me nightmares. My dear wife of twenty-seven years and mother of my two wonderful daughters often wonders why I shake in fear in the middle of the night. I've never told her that sometimes, when I wake at night to visit the commode...half awake, half asleep, I forget that decades have flown by, and, for a moment, think I'm about to hear the dreaded voice of Wife #1, "Do you have to make so much noise when you go to the bathroom? It sounds like Niagra Falls."
ahh! someone who understands!

coventrycat86 said:
Rod is a man with honesty, integrity, intelligence and a sense of fairness that you don't find very often in people.
Yeah but does he have a gold medal from the Olympics!?!?!? HUH?