• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Etta James has passed

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
It's a sad day for lovers of the blues

Doc

"At Last " is a classic and one of my all time favorites. What a strong voice. She will indeed be missed.

I'd say on the 7th day God made the blues, and on the 8th day, God made Etta James, Rest in peace.

Always sad when a music legend passes. She will be missed and her contributions will be remembered forever.

Sad time. Her recent work with Flo Rida made his record. I don't believe anyone could have pulled that "good feeling" off other than James.

Not that I am crazy about that type of music (Flo Rita), but that was really good.

Watch the movie Cadillac Records, Beyonce did her justice.

Ken

Remember my dad listening to her. Wasn't she on the "Is it live, or is it Memorex" commercials where the champagne flute would shatter from her high pitch?

Remember my dad listening to her. Wasn't she on the "Is it live, or is it Memorex" commercials where the champagne flute would shatter from her high pitch?

I'm pretty sure that was Ella Fitzgerald.

Doc

I remember Chuck Berry saying in an interview that one of the female back-up singers at a session cameup to talk to him and he, having no shortage of (bad) attitude, snubbed her. At a later date, after realizing that the singer he snubbed was Etta James, Chuck crawled over to her on his hands and knees and apologized! They don't make 'em like Etta (or Chuck) anymore. :(

I was driving back home from work on Monday, and it was dreary and a bit rainy out, and on my mp3 player pops on "Stormy Monday Blues" by Etta. It was the most perfect song to listen to at that moment.