• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Everything is $1.00

1 50th Vert Missouri
2 Smokyballs Missouri
3 Outlaw D Missouri
4 theorangeman Illinois
5 wam79 Hawaii
6 hudsonvalley New York
7 Marcsheldon Texas
8 Shibumi New York
9 grand cru no 2 Texas
10 Eshaw99 Georgia
11 Indyrob Indiana

Is there a reason we are going from Hawaii to NY to Texas to NY to TX?

hudsonvalley said:
1 50th Vert Missouri
2 Smokyballs Missouri
3 Outlaw D Missouri
4 theorangeman Illinois
5 wam79 Hawaii
6 hudsonvalley New York
7 Marcsheldon Texas
8 Shibumi New York
9 grand cru no 2 Texas
10 Eshaw99 Georgia
11 Indyrob Indiana

[snapback]248569[/snapback]​

I pm'd larry about this.

hudsonvalley said:
1 50th Vert Missouri
2 Smokyballs Missouri
3 Outlaw D Missouri
4 theorangeman Illinois
5 wam79 Hawaii
6 hudsonvalley New York
7 Marcsheldon Texas
8 Shibumi New York
9 grand cru no 2 Texas
10 Eshaw99 Georgia
11 Indyrob Indiana

[snapback]248569[/snapback]​

Yes there is a reason, I did not get all the players in correct order on the spreadsheet before transferring it over to the post. :0 It has been changed now. :(

Hey Golfgar ~ when are you thinking about kicking this off? This sounds like a fun pass, looking forward to it! :thumbs:

I have all the packages ready, and am labeling them this weekend. Since this is a blind tasting, I really need to make sure I have a good inventory of what is in each bag and a listing of who takes what bag. I was trying to see how many we could get in person so that the package wasn't too onerous. Since there are 11 5 packs that is an extra 55 cigars that will be gone by the end of the pass.

In short, perhaps this thing gets underway Monday or Tuesday next week.

Wow. It must've been some task putting this all together Golfgar...Good job!

indyrob said:
Wow. It must've been some task putting this all together Golfgar...Good job!
[snapback]248895[/snapback]​

This should be some fun, I already have some pictures of one of the $1.00 cigars I tasted and a review.

I also want to say that I am sorry I could not accommodate everyone who wanted to join in the pass.

Sounds great, golfgar! Thanks for taking the time to put this thing together - it ought to be a lot of fun!

Here are my proposed puts and takes:
1) T: Don Carlos #4
P: Romeo Y Julieta Aniversario No. 2

2) I would like to take the Hemingway Signature Maduro, however, i am unsure of its value and what to put in its place.. Can someone enlighten me on this?

-Zach

I believe that would be on golfgar. They sell for the same prices as a standard signature but that doesn't mean he paid that price for it.

The hemingway signature (natural wrapper) msrp is in the $6 - $6.50 range. However, most people end up paying a couple bucks more than that due to their limited stock. This is just a rough estimate; therefore, I agree with Smoky that you might want to consult with golfgar (it would help to know what you may have to put in its place - no way to really help you unless we or golfgar knows this). :)

BTW, in most passes, it is not about what the cigar cost the player who put it in, it is about the market (intrinsic) value. So, whether I paid $50 bucks for a $10 cigar is largely irrelevant. I will say that the Hemi maduro is fiarly rare and (while not impossible to get) you have to be at the right place at the right time. I would expect a fair trade for that would be something similarly hard to find.

Thanks guys,
How about these?

T: Don Carlos #4
P: Romeo Y Julieta Aniversario No. 2

T: Hemingway Signature Maduro
P: Ashton VSG Enchantment or Opus X Super Belicoso

T: Anjeo
P: Graycliff Espresso Pirate (2004)

-Zach

EDIT: Removed RP 1990 and added Opus X Super Belicoso

50thVert said:
Thanks guys,
How about these?

T: Hemingway Signature Maduro
P: Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto or Ashton VSG Enchantment

-Zach
[snapback]249196[/snapback]​

Hmmm...I'm actually more partial to the VSG Enchantment and slightly more inclined to think that would be ALMOST a fair trade. The Enchantment isn't really that exclusive, but it is a little harder to find than most of the VSG line.

The RP '90 robo is really easy to come by.

Looks like the pass will officially get underway on Tuesday. 50th and I are meeting in person to start the pass. Then I will mail from there to the KC boys on Wed.

Started the pass off tonight.
Takes:
Don Carlos #4
Hemingway Maduro

Puts:
Romeo y Julieta Aniversario #2
Opus X Super Belicoso

Out of the slew of Greek-lettered dollar baggies, i pulled out Lambda.

Many thanks to Golfgar for putting this together and letting a newbie in on it! :thumbs:

-Zach

Brad, the pass is leaving today to your addy in your profile, LMK if there is anything different.