• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake Cohiba & RYJ

Funny, I have this discussion with a friend all the time. I describe someone as nice, he corrects me as 'well-mannered', and he's right. A more accurate term for this guy would be 'well-mannered'. Meaning he is friendly, cordial, etc. Personally, I believe that he things his stuff is real. They come with spot-on tax labels, and otherwise, to the non-expert (as in non-CP member :cool:), look good. Cigars are well made, with long filler and decent wrappers. No, they aren't glass tops.

Understand? Or should I just SFTU now?

It would really burn me if I got busted selling cubans and had to pay fines and go to jail and then in the end, they were fake.

Funny, I have this discussion with a friend all the time. I describe someone as nice, he corrects me as 'well-mannered', and he's right. A more accurate term for this guy would be 'well-mannered'. Meaning he is friendly, cordial, etc. Personally, I believe that he things his stuff is real. They come with spot-on tax labels, and otherwise, to the non-expert (as in non-CP member :cool:), look good. Cigars are well made, with long filler and decent wrappers. No, they aren't glass tops.

Understand? Or should I just SFTU now?

I understand. Do you?

- It doesn't matter whether or not he thinks what he's selling is authentic - the product that is illegal in the U.S.
- At this point, I can't tell whether you believe the product he is selling to be fake or merely overpriced. Either way, it's bad voodoo.
- Even if they are 100% authentic, he is still breaking the law and putting his business, himself, and his customers at great risk.

Well mannered? What else would he be? Would you give money to someone who was rude to you? Even if he offers to take your coat, asks after your family, and offers you a steak dinner and a car wash every time you walk in the door he's still a douchebag.

I'll reiterate: according to you, the owner of a New Jersey cigar shop is selling what he purports to be Cuban cigars. There are only a few possibilities here and none of them are good. He is either selling authentic Cubans which makes him, at best, an imprudent businessman, or he is selling cigars that he knows to be fake which makes him a scam artist, or he is selling fake cigars he believes to be legit which makes him an ignoramus. Regardless, I'd never darken his doorway again and I'd tell my friends to stay far, far way as well.

- Tim

I'll reiterate: according to you, the owner of a New Jersey cigar shop is selling what he purports to be Cuban cigars. There are only a few possibilities here and none of them are good. He is either selling authentic Cubans which makes him, at best, an imprudent businessman, or he is selling cigars that he knows to be fake which makes him a scam artist, or he is selling fake cigars he believes to be legit which makes him an ignoramus. Regardless, I'd never darken his doorway again and I'd tell my friends to stay far, far way as well.

- Tim

Thats why I was asking the original poster where he came across these cigars.

Hey guys... I was the one who revisited the thread, thought I would add it to this post since it had pertinent info related to the cigar that I had... maybe I should have just started a new thread?? :)

The cigars that I posted pictures of were obtained in Jamaica as I stated in my earlier post. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys... I was the one who revisited the thread, thought I would add it to this post since it had pertinent info related to the cigar that I had... maybe I should have just started a new thread?? :)

The cigars that I posted pictures of were obtained in Jamaica as I stated in my earlier post. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Yes, you should have started a new thread (somewhere it is written to not top dead threads, but I recently read that the link that probably tells you that is not working at the moment). Some would also say that you should've have looked around more before posting <ahem>.

The RyJ looks okay at first glance - well, it looks a little tightly packed, but that was pretty common six years ago. The proof is in the smoking, I'd smoke them now. As a guess, neither is likely to benefit from further aging, but that's MHO. I'd have a draw tool (or a drill) handy, though :whistling:.

Thanks for the help. I did read not to post to dead threads... unless it was pertinent. The old thread just had so much other information about an identical cigar that I thought it would be relevant to bring it up before somebody just posted a link to it. Thanks for the help!

I will probably smoke it sometime soonish.. had been saving it for a somewhat special occasion since I'm a ISOM virgin and I bought them on my honeymoon....