• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake PSD4

Guys I keep my humi at 70%-72% and like I told Mike I became concern when I got a full box and they didn’t match. That’s when I started asking questions and showed them to other brothers that could give me answers. And they all said same am no expert but tomorrow we have our Wednesday herf I’ll bring the sticks there they can look again….

If there’s someone who wants to be the tester and well knowledge on PSD4 I’ll send 1 to them and you post what you think….

I've wrote you several times. I will do what I said and trade for 2 of them. I've smoked some fakes before. Some of them have been good and others horrible. I will even write a review of them as well. Just let me know and we can get this on the road. :thumbs:

Taking one for the home team Loren?

I've had some good fakes and bad fakes. I'd smoke these in a heart beat and give an honest opinion. I've been hassled about doing some more reviews and what better way to kick it off than with something like this. :D

Hey I can send you a fake (for shure) and a real one, you can then determine wich one you like best :laugh:

Guys I keep my humi at 70%-72% and like I told Mike I became concern when I got a full box and they didn’t match. That’s when I started asking questions and showed them to other brothers that could give me answers. And they all said same am no expert but tomorrow we have our Wednesday herf I’ll bring the sticks there they can look again….

If there’s someone who wants to be the tester and well knowledge on PSD4 I’ll send 1 to them and you post what you think….

I've wrote you several times. I will do what I said and trade for 2 of them. I've smoked some fakes before. Some of them have been good and others horrible. I will even write a review of them as well. Just let me know and we can get this on the road. :thumbs:

I've had some good fakes and bad fakes. I'd smoke these in a heart beat and give an honest opinion. I've been hassled about doing some more reviews and what better way to kick it off than with something like this. :D

Hey I can send you a fake (for shure) and a real one, you can then determine wich one you like best :laugh:

Thats a long haul for a test. If you really want to go down that road, I'm game. I'll even send a few cigars and you can tell me if they are real or fake. :thumbs:

Thats a long haul for a test. If you really want to go down that road, I'm game. I'll even send a few cigars and you can tell me if they are real or fake. :thumbs:

Game on PM sent!

Take note that this will be the second questionable box of PSD4s from a so-called "reputable" vendor in the past couple of months. Last time, the PSD4s had short fillers. Wonder if both boxes came from the same vendor.

Sorry all for the thread jack. Its all Tony's fault. The games will begin soon enough between Renefatdude and myself. Again, sorry for the thread jack. :D

Please PM me who this reputable vendor is.

Elliot, did you and Tony have hands on contact with the cigar in question. Between the two of you, I'll be satisfied as to authenticity.

Matt, MOBIG handed me the cigar and before he explained anything, I told him it was fake. The overly thick gauge was immediately apparent. I also handed him a legit specimen and it matched the size of the one from his own box. That's why I want to know the inside dimensions of the box the suspect cigars came from. The cigars had no signs of a box press and if 13 of those things were lined up across a legit box, there's no chance they'd fit.

The focus of this thread should be the Mobig / Jhet PSD4s - posting about other suspect PSD4s only adds more confusion to the issue.

Elliot, did you and Tony have hands on contact with the cigar in question. Between the two of you, I'll be satisfied as to authenticity.

Matt, MOBIG handed me the cigar and before he explained anything, I told him it was fake. The overly thick gauge was immediately apparent. I also handed him a legit specimen and it matched the size of the one from his own box. That's why I want to know the inside dimensions of the box the suspect cigars came from. The cigars had no signs of a box press and if 13 of those things were lined up across a legit box, there's no chance they'd fit.

Unfortunately I did not see the cigar in question. I trust Elliot's call on this and I'll look at it tomorrow.

Unfortunately I did not see the cigar in question. I trust Elliot's call on this and I'll look at it tomorrow.

I do too, that's why I asked about you two in particular.

So, now the question for me is whether all parties are telling the truth, and if so, how these got into the legitimate system.

Just to let you know that PSD4 got passed around to a few people. siriusstoogie/Joe pointed out that the band slid nice and easy on it so swelling didn't happen. CoventryCat86/Bill and Lee all handle the cigar and said it was fake.

It doesn't look good.

DG

that PSD4 got passed around to a few people... siriusstoogie...CoventryCat86...Lee

Ugh... I dare someone to smoke it now after all those guys had their meatbeaters all over it... :sign: How's that "cuban twang" now? :D

I pm'd Jesus. I will refund the money. I'll will say again that I don't have ANY 54g cigars!NONE(!), and the Cohiba that I do have thats a 52 is bigger then the remaining PSD4's from the same box. Never the less, I'm refunding the money

THAT is the question!! And, what I asked him. I will PM the others and see what they say. Like I said, I have nothing to hide and I'm not trying to get over on anyone.
Jeht, you're doing OK here. Thanks for coming forward and working with the community to figure this out.

What is the measurement of the interior width of the box for the suspect cigars?

Okay, thanks for coming forward. My question then is why are the cigars that MOBIG got different in gauge from the ones you have? I can see some expansion if you stored your cigars at a lower humidity than he does, but it would be minimal at best.
Plus, I'd assume the other cigars would have swelled the same amount as they are all kept in the same conditions, so this seems an unlikely explanation.

Lee, Chris and I did. What, we don't count? ???

I can't stop laughing about the "swelling" theory! :laugh: But seriously, enough is enough. There is absolutely NO WAY these cigars "swelled" to a 54 ring gauge. These are classic fake PSD4s, no two ways about it and I don't give a rat's a$$ if jet got them from a "trusted source." Anyone who buys PSD4s on a regular basis should have known right away these were 100% fake or at the very least, they were "suspect." The first thing you do with suspect cigars is return them to your "source." The last thing you do is sell them to other CigarPass members.

that PSD4 got passed around to a few people... siriusstoogie...CoventryCat86...Lee

Ugh... I dare someone to smoke it now after all those guys had their meatbeaters all over it... :sign: How's that "cuban twang" now? :D

LMAO @ John! :laugh:

I pm'd Jesus. I will refund the money. I'll will say again that I don't have ANY 54g cigars!NONE(!), and the Cohiba that I do have thats a 52 is bigger then the remaining PSD4's from the same box. Never the less, I'm refunding the money

That is a start.

Now please answer the question posed by Elliot. What are the dimension of the box of cigars in question. I would also PM Rod with the source.

Lee, Chris and I did. What, we don't count? ???
Sorry Bill, I figured, what with you moving to Canada and all, it was merely your body double at the herf.
:laugh:
Aw c'mon, it took me 16 hours to drive all the way down from Nova Scotia! :laugh:

Lee was giving away real PSD4s and the difference between Lee's cigars and MOBIG's was like night and day. :0

tone-nj had been sitting with us around the time MOBIG showed us the cigars, I don't know how he missed them. He must have been at the bar ordering more cocktails! :p

The source has been sent to me, and from what I have heard over the years, they are in fact reliable. It's possible Jhet received a fake box from this retailer, anything is possible. My problem with this issue is that it's not the first time it's come up. Just last summer we had a problem with someone selling fakes unknowingly. It comes down to people dabbling in something they know nothing or little about.

I've been considering halting all ISOM sales/trades. It's not worth the headache anymore. The last thing I want are fakes floating around the community.

At this point, the best thing to do is for the original cigars to go back to the seller, and the seller refund the buyers money. Never assume that what you purchase is guaranteed to be 100% authentic. ANYTHING is possible. Hell, even if I were to purchase a box of cigars from LCDH I'd still examine them closely to ensure their authenticity. Like I said, anything is possible - what if someone returned a fake box of cigars they purchased elsewhere, only to trade them out for something else. Don't most retailers offer you to return unopened boxes in exchange for something else? I'm sure it's happened before. My point is don't dabble in something you're not 100% familiar with. Even if he did purchase these cigars from the "trusted source", it's still possible the "trusted source" ended up with a fake box somehow.

These sales will need to be reviewed as well for possible problems :

Link to "Few Fivers for Sale" thread :
Offering up a few 5'ers for what I paid or slightly below. Accepting Money orders only. PM if interested

Upmann Sir Winston (may03) 5-$65 incl. shipping can do this 2x ***************SOLD************

PSD4 (Oct 07) 5-$40 incl. shipping 1 fiver left ***********SOLD**************

Boliv. GM (feb.07) 5-$60 incl. shipping can do this 1x ************SOLD*************

Link to "Couple of box splits, mag,sig," thread :
Want to do a box split on a couple of favorites. Order will be placed tomorrow, so if you want in, PM me. Accepting MO only.

**ALL DONE*** Mag 46 5 for $32--- Can do this 3x's **2 left

**ALL DONE*** Siglo IV 5 for $46---Can do this 3x's ** 2 left **1 left **DONE

Link to "Several 5ers for Sale" thread :
(5) Siglo VI (jun07)-----$80 shipped--SOLD

(5)Sir Winston(may03)-$70 shipped---------SOLD

sampler:1 VRclasico(oct 01),1-SLR churchill(oct 05),1-boli RC(mar06),1-CORO(mar06),1-Part. Lusi(mar06)--$50shipped--SOLD

Link to "64PAM Exclusivo, and PLPC for sale" thread :
Also have a partial box(40) of PLPC for sale with a box date of apr06- $210 shipped-------SOLD

Link to "Sale: A.F Don Carlos robusto, and Lusi" thread:
also, P. Lusi 10 for $100 shipped box date mar06