• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake PSD4

MOBIG

The best way to predict the future is to create it
Name: Série D No. 4
Factory Name: Robusto
Ring gauge: 50
Length: 12.40 CM / 4.8 INCHES

Let me start with I am no expert on ISOM cigars so any advise that I’ve gotten on the subject are from more experience BOTL CPers .
It started with the enjoyment of smoking 2 previous PSD4 and wanting more so I purchase a 5iver on the pass, so after receiving my package I really didn’t see no difference in the cigars but I had nothing to compare with other than the trust of the seller.

I smoke 2 of them and I did taste a little something different, I just assume since they were a little age, that’s what I was tasting… I gifted 1 to a friend who never smoked a Cuban just for him to enjoy. So in this time I gather some info on purchasing a box for my self from a good source. Now to notice that when the box arrived that’s when I became suspicious didn’t know if it was my box or the fiver but they didn’t match in size the fiver ring size was bigger. I left it alone till the Quad State Herf where I will get my answer. There I shared the smokes after getting joked on (all good coventrycat) more than 5 BOTL of Cigar Pass all said the same the left over fiver was fake. The ring gauge was way too big.

I PM the guy who sold it to me and he’s insisting that his were real and that he’s been smoking for 2 ½ years and that his source is good.

I guess it might be my fault for not knowing what I was purchasing and trusting the integrated of the seller. Lesson of life so newbie’s always double check the guys cigars and stay on your toes…

the 2 right are from the fiver 2 to the left is one from my box and 1 gifted.
DSCN0787.jpg

DSCN0792.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

DSCN0803.jpg

Now I know that is kind hard to tell from the pics but those at the QSH saw for themselves first hand.

If those were purchased here, you're owed a refund and an explanation to include the source and an apology. Baring that, an outing is in order.

Additionally, whoever sold these to you may have sold to others, and owes them a PM as well. Right now, I don't care who you are, but if you don't make this right, then everybody here needs to know who you are.

That's too bad. Live and learn though. You know?

Not the way things work here. We have rules in place to keep this from happening. CP is not a place you should have to live and learn about cheaters.

If those were purchased here, you're owed a refund and an explanation to include the source and an apology. Baring that, an outing is in order.

Additionally, whoever sold these to you may have sold to others, and owes them a PM as well. Right now, I don't care who you are, but if you don't make this right, then everybody here needs to know who you are.

Not the way things work here. We have rules in place to keep this from happening. CP is not a place you should have to live and learn about cheaters.
My thoughts exactly Matt.

Brian

I received a PSD4 in a bomb some months ago. It was the first PSD4 I've ever owned so I didn't know any better. I kept it in the Vinotemp to rest. Long story short, I recently received more PSD4's and for the hell of it I compared them to the one I was gifted. To my surprise, the one I was gifted was a full 1/2"+ shorter than the ones newly acquired!

After researching online, I came to discover that the new ones were the right ring gauge and length, and all the packaging (box code, serial, etc.) were all legit. So that's a perfect example that no matter whom you purchase from, trade with, etc. always double check your smokes. I personally can't remember who I got the fake PSD4 from or else I would mention it to the giver...but now I check everything that comes in to the best of my ability just to be sure.

That is awful man.
That shouldn't have happened here.
Perhaps,the seller here also doesn't know he have fakes.
Just something to think about.

I saw these first hand at the QSH4 and they are 100% fake. Hell, I have quite a collection of fake PSD4s in my humi, most of them I pulled out of passes I participated in years ago over at CigarWeekly :rolleyes: (as they say, "live and learn"). The ones MOBIG had rank right up there with some of the "best" (or worst, depending on how you want to word it :laugh: ) PSD4s I have ever seen. :0

Whoever sold these bogus hunks of $hit to MOBIG ought to be ashamed of himself :angry: and what pisses me off most is the seller insisting these fake pieces of crap are real! LMFAO, I haven't laughed so hard since the days of the Island of the Misfit Toys. :laugh:

So seller (whoever you are), MAKE THIS RIGHT.

Oh and just a friendly word of advice, I've met MOBIG in person and he's a polite and honorable gentleman however if he wanted to, he could snap my arm off and beat me senseless with it in about a second and a half so just a warning to ya, you MIGHT NOT want to make him mad, okay?

Rod even posted about fakes circulating through the board, and knowingly or unknowingly distributing them puts you at risk for being banned. Clicky Here

This needs to be made right.

I didn't mean it like that... sorry for not being more clear. I meant now he knows what real and fake ones look like. You know? I agree that cheaters shouldn't be tolerated here. This is our family and we shouldn't be taking advantage of that.

This doesn't fly here or at any board worth anything. Having seen said cigars next to some real ones you can see they are fakes. All trades and deals by said person are subject now. Anyone else who might have gotten these or maybe something else needs to know. They can no longer trade anything that has come from this guy. The risk of passing fakes is too much. Plus said person needs to make things right.

It would go better if he outed himself & contacted anyone he has done trades with. Letting them know of said problems. Shows integrity.

DG

Without a doubt this individual should refund the money asap! If it is a new member we need to know who it is, if it is someone that has been here a while same rule applies.

Rod made it very clear, this will not be tolerated.

This person needs to be identified, and they're no longer allowed to trade cigars of that origin here again. If your money isn't refunded promptly, then the member in question will be terminated.

Without a doubt this individual should refund the money asap! If it is a new member we need to know who it is, if it is someone that has been here a while same rule applies.

Rod made it very clear, this will not be tolerated.
Agreed. Let's get this out in the open and handled, promptly. The sooner it's done, the less overall drama we'll have.

B.B.S.

I looked at this cigar also and I knew it was fake instantly. I was gifting Serie D4's while this was going on...LMFAO

You know, if I had a $1 for every time I've seen this, I'd be rich. Another case of someone not knowing his stuff is one thing, but when you start selling it to others....not good!

I'll get the rope....

I looked at this cigar also and I knew it was fake instantly. I was gifting Serie D4's while this was going on...LMFAO

You know, if I had a $1 for every time I've seen this, I'd be rich. Another case of someone not knowing his stuff is one thing, but when you start selling it to others....not good!

I'll get the rope....

I like this guy. Where have you been hiding out?

I'll get the rope....

Well, Todd had me in time out but my sentence was served, so here I am. I missed the old me.... :laugh:

I'll get the rope....

Well, Todd had me in time out but my sentence was served, so here I am. I missed the old me.... :laugh:

That's not even close to the old Lee. He's being kind and charitable!

I'll get the rope....

Not if you where the one sitting next to him at the herf. :sign:

We try to keep him under a rock. Someone let him out :whistling:

DG