• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fantasy Baseball

Are we going to do a live draft or autodraft?

I would rather a live, but that may be hard to do. They do have an option for a live draft over an extended time. It will email the person that is up, but 12 teams at 29 picks could make for a very long draft that way. Though we do have all of March.

Bill, thanks for setting this up.

What will the payout be? 60%, 25%, 15%? Maybe a small prize for the leader at the break?

I am good with a 5 (or more) stick entry of premiums.

Bill, thanks for setting this up.

What will the payout be? 60%, 25%, 15%? Maybe a small prize for the leader at the break?

I am good with a 5 (or more) stick entry of premiums.

I don't want to go over 5 sticks so that it stays affordable.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much. Crazy busy at work/home right now. At any rate, I am down for this if you go with a live draft. :)

I haven't played fantasy baseball in years, but I would love to try again. I hope its rotisserie. Head to head is fun too, but its a lot of up keep week to week.

My only other question is, will there be some sort of limit on moves? I'll play either way, but it can be more interesting if you have to think about making that move before you waste it. :)

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much. Crazy busy at work/home right now. At any rate, I am down for this if you go with a live draft. :)

I haven't played fantasy baseball in years, but I would love to try again. I hope its rotisserie. Head to head is fun too, but its a lot of up keep week to week.

My only other question is, will there be some sort of limit on moves? I'll play either way, but it can be more interesting if you have to think about making that move before you waste it. :)

I am not a huge fan on limits on moves. Reason being is that I have had a team that just gets injury after injury. It sucks getting stuck with people, but it is up to the whole league.

I think most want a live draft. Drop me your email so I can add you to the league.

My beliefs:

1. IP for a category is worthless, WHIP is the way to go. There has to be a minimum innings pitched set up though. This keeps someone from going for all relievers(go ahead, I double dog dare ya!). No need to designate number of SP vs. RPs. If someone wants to punt two categories by going with all RPs, go right ahead. Have fun with 1 point for Wins and Ks. You will finish out of the money.

2. No limits on moves. Or, for every 20 moves, you have to add a cigar to the payout.
Another option is 20 free moves and 1 cigar for every two moves after that, and, 1 cigar per team per trade. This works well. There is some accountability for your trades and your moves.

3. I would rather smoke a $5 CC than most $8 NC any day of the week. I'm fine with the $5 minimum. :thumbs:

4. The cigars need to be sent to a "banker". No need to be chasing cigars come October, especially, when I win. :sign:

I am in if you will have me! I'll be back to the states by the time payoffs come around

My beliefs:

1. IP for a category is worthless, WHIP is the way to go. There has to be a minimum innings pitched set up though. This keeps someone from going for all relievers(go ahead, I double dog dare ya!). No need to designate number of SP vs. RPs. If someone wants to punt two categories by going with all RPs, go right ahead. Have fun with 1 point for Wins and Ks. You will finish out of the money.

2. No limits on moves. Or, for every 20 moves, you have to add a cigar to the payout.
Another option is 20 free moves and 1 cigar for every two moves after that, and, 1 cigar per team per trade. This works well. There is some accountability for your trades and your moves.

3. I would rather smoke a $5 CC than most $8 NC any day of the week. I'm fine with the $5 minimum. :thumbs:

4. The cigars need to be sent to a "banker". No need to be chasing cigars come October, especially, when I win. :sign:

1,3, and 4 I agree with. In my football league we charge .50 cents per add and drop but nothing for trades. It adds up to a bunch of cash by the end of the season. The league winner gets all the transaction fees in the end. So this all depends how deep people want the pot to become.

My beliefs:

1,3, and 4 I agree with. In my football league we charge .50 cents per add and drop but nothing for trades. It adds up to a bunch of cash by the end of the season. The league winner gets all the transaction fees in the end. So this all depends how deep people want the pot to become.

i also think we should do some kind of payment for trades and moves to add to the pot may be one cigar from each for a trade and 1 cigar for every 5 or so moves payed as 1-5 moves = 1 cigar 6-10 = 2 and so on with all cigars payed after the deadline. then the pay out can be a percentage of the cigars in the pool and maybe a set 5 or so cigars for the leader at the break. if needed i can hold all the cigars in my coolidor or can set one up just for the pool since i have an unlimited supply of 70% beads. if you don't want to hold them all. Just a offer i have plenty of room.

How many pitchers are we going to be able to start each week?

My beliefs:

I think that thease would be fine. I like the 20 free moves then 1 cigar for every 2 moves.

i also think we should do some kind of payment for trades and moves to add to the pot may be one cigar from each for a trade and 1 cigar for every 5 or so moves payed as 1-5 moves = 1 cigar 6-10 = 2 and so on with all cigars payed after the deadline. then the pay out can be a percentage of the cigars in the pool and maybe a set 5 or so cigars for the leader at the break. if needed i can hold all the cigars in my coolidor or can set one up just for the pool since i have an unlimited supply of 70% beads. if you don't want to hold them all. Just a offer i have plenty of room.

I might be the only one but oppose having additional payment for transactions. All that does is insure that if someone suffers a few injuries, and they start to fall behind in the standings, they will stop making transactions, and throwing out lineups with injured players, etc. It hurts the competitive integrity of the league.

9 as of right now.

That's a lot of freaking pitchers.

I might be the only one but oppose having additional payment for transactions. All that does is insure that if someone suffers a few injuries, and they start to fall behind in the standings, they will stop making transactions, and throwing out lineups with injured players, etc. It hurts the competitive integrity of the league.

It's real easy to have more than 40 transactions in a league of this size, especially, with every player added as a replacement player for a DL move. By allowing 20 free moves, this keeps everyone involved for a while. Every league I have been in, there are always one or two drop outs, so this is bound to happen to us as well. The idea is to keep this fairly inexpensive, so another cigar for every 5 additional moves keeps this reasonable.

That's why I like rotisserie better than HTH, the drop outs don't affect league standings as much

9 as of right now.

That's a lot of freaking pitchers.

Pitchers: 30 MLB teams with 5 starters and 1 closer= 180 or so viable pitchers, not counting middle relievers.
Fantasy: 12 teams with 9 each= 108, very do-able

Pitchers: 30 MLB teams with 5 starters and 1 closer= 180 or so viable pitchers, not counting middle relievers.

I agree it's doable, but you are going to make pitchers extremely disproportionately valuable vs. position players. That's really going to have a profound impact on the draft, transactions, and especially trades. Any trade for a pitcher is going to require an unbalanced value of position players. You are basically limiting all pitcher trades to either pitcher for pitcher, or extremely high end position players for middle of the road pitchers.

I agree it's doable, but you are going to make pitchers extremely disproportionately valuable vs. position players. That's really going to have a profound impact on the draft, transactions, and especially trades. Any trade for a pitcher is going to require an unbalanced value of position players. You are basically limiting all pitcher trades to either pitcher for pitcher, or extremely high end position players for middle of the road pitchers.

Your rating the pitcher very high. You dont have to win every category to be the champ.

On the cigar for adds/drops, its up to you guys. Keeping the cigar between $5 and $10 makes it not so bad. The only thing is it is very easy to do a ton of adds and drops, because of injuries and people being sent down.