• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fantasy Football 2005-2006

grand cru no 2

There was a post bringing this up not too long ago but didn't seem to get much attention. I'm hoping becuase it was attached to last years FF thread.

So I decided to bring it up in its own thread. :thumbs:

I would like to get this started ASAP so speak up folks! Who wants in? Where do you want the league setup? Seggestions on the details?

Come on guys! Lets get this moving!

***League is hosted on Yahoo!***

League Name: CP FF 2005-2006

League ID: 336050

12 teams total, 6 playoff slots

General Rules

12 teams
2 conferences
4 division

13 weeks
play division teams 2x (4 games)
every other team 1x (9 games)

Playoffs
4 division winners
2 wild cards

Top 2 division winners get RD1 byes

Regular season ends week 13.

TEAMS

1. Diamond Cutters - mhortsch (PAID)
2. Ash Kickers - JAEwing (PAID)
3. 4th & Goal - stevehawk (PAID)
4. en fuego - muddstick (PAID)
5. Huckleberry - SamClemmons (PAID)
6. S.W.A.T. - gtphale (PAID)
7. Central TX Culebras - GC2 (PAID)
8. Ditka For President! - BigMacFU (PAID)
9. Sperm Whales - LC-Smoker (PAID)
10. Werner Warriors - Savage112 (PAID)
11. Motor City Madmen - camaroon4me (PAID)
12. Saint Luis Reys - Allofus123 (PAID)

Draft Date: Friday, September 2nd at 9:00pm CDT

Entry Fee: $40, Deadline: Monday, August 29th

Entry fee should be mailed to me (grand cru no 2). My addy is in my profile. Postal money order is the preferred method of payment.

That's a lot of cigars.

How about making the entry fee 5 sticks, and then determining the winnings based on that?

Also, what site do you plan to use? I like Yahoo!

I've been in a FFB league for the past few years. It takes a lot of effort to build and maintain a good team (not to mention a league). I'd be willing to spend 5 sticks on a team that I didn't worry too much about. If I had to put up 20 sticks, I'd want to put way too much time into it and that's something I'd rather not do.

In other words, I'm willing to play as long as my time committment remains low. For me that threshhold means about 7 sticks or less.

LC-Smoker said:
If it were 5-10 sticks, I would be in....
[snapback]207076[/snapback]​

Ditto that. I would love to be in this for a 5 to 10 stick commitment. As much as I would like to get 100+ sticks from you guys when I win . . . I simply have no room. :D

So lets try and do this with a small commitment of 5 to 10 cigars.

I would also add that everyine post their "entry" cigars for a general approval and to make sure we are all putting up similar value smokes.

OR

Since the payouts would not occur until January/February we should possibly put a lower value MSRP limit (such as any stick at $5 or more MSRP) and then the payouts would then be a suprise to the winners AND we would not have to be sure to keep our "entry" cigars from getting smoked in the interim.

Payout would be handled much like a cash league. League Manager would (at the end of the season) assign which teams pay which teams to avoid multiple mailings. Winnings would have to be in appropriate sizes so that one person is not mailing to 2 or 3 different winners.

Suggestions and more interested people are needed.

My .02

Seems there is interest but a general feeling that my "price" is too high. :laugh:

So, lets lower the cost. I'd personally like to stick closer to 10 sticks so that the top 3 finishers in regular season play can get decent payouts. As stevehawk said, there is a lot of effort that goes into maintaining an FF team & league so I would like this to be worth the effort.

What are everyones suggestions for the payouts? Would you guys be willing to do 10 sticks or will we have to drop it to 5 in order to have some serious interest?

Okay, 10 is fine with me...

Just to guage interest, is there anyone out there who is "in" at 5, but not at 10?

stevehawk said:
Okay, 10 is fine with me...

Just to guage interest, is there anyone out there who is "in" at 5, but not at 10?
[snapback]207215[/snapback]​

me.

assuming it's set up well.

If it is well run/organized, i'd be in as well; but I'd like some more info (ie, rules, draft systems, etc) first.

Also, 10 sticks may be fine with me; are we talking 10 Opus, ISOMs, etc or a mix of those and other premiums???

You may want to look at last year's thread and how it was set up link.

It is a lot easier (and fairer) to have an entrance fee and buy a few boxes and divide those sticks amongst the winners.

But you guys do what you want.

:thumbs:
ricmac25 said:

It is a lot easier (and fairer) to have an entrance fee and buy a few boxes and divide those sticks amongst the winners.

[snapback]207266[/snapback]​

Now that is a damn good idea. I am all in for that . . . depending on the entry fee that is.

Interested

But I haven't switched to the Gecko yet, so the cost has to be minimal.

5 sticks OK
10 is pushing it

The pay fee, buy boxes sound better.

I have used Yahoo and other similar, but its harder to keep interested in a team that you didn't draft. (These sites let you rate players, then draft for you). The upside to these sites is the draft doesn't take 2 years.

Lumberg said:
That's a lot of cigars.

How about making the entry fee 5 sticks, and then determining the winnings based on that?

Also, what site do you plan to use? I like Yahoo!
[snapback]207063[/snapback]​

I would do it but Steve and I would argue over who got the redksins defense

ricmac25 said:

[snapback]207266[/snapback]​

I like the $35 entry fee. I think that simplifies everything a lot. Thanks for the link rcmac25. :)

If everyone is good with this, I think this is certainly the way to go.

I am good with $25 to $50 entry fee.

Fast usually does the league in these parts, but if he isn't around, I'm in. I would recomend PM'ing him because I know he was going to set it up on a particular site.

I appriciate you taking the lead on this, but it would be great to just have one league!

Thanks again,

Joe :thumbs:

You also may want to rethink the number of teams you allow. If you have 20 teams eventually several teams will be without active players to start once injuies knock out a few players....trust me. Last year we had 16 teams and it was too many.

If you haven't been a commisioner before you may want to find someone that has or ask for some advice from them. There's a lot more that goes into this and it will become a pain in the azz to manage. A lot of rules need to be established and enforced thoughout the whole season. Make sure you have the time to dedicate to it also. Being a commisioner and player is tough to do. Its been done but...well, its tough to do.