• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

fauxhiba esplendidos

<sigh>

Once again, no one is claiming there was any malice on anyone's part and they have my respect for doing all this for charity. To say that they can't possibly know the authenticity of every thing they get is correct. But not only were those boxes HORRIBLE counterfits and they were informed of it at the event, they got defensive and insulting when this was pointed out to them. I wouldn't have had a problem if they would have taken RESPONSIBILITY and immediatly said, "Yeah, we f*cked up, we are going to handle this." Everyone makes mistakes, how you deal with them is what seperates people.
On this point, I fully agree. The reaction expressed by Rockridge is indefensible. Reprehensible, even.

My only point of contention is that it is far simpler to protest or correct an act before it happens than after its occurrence, before it is (possibly) too late to rectify. Hopefully, the winning bidder is made whole for his "loss".

edit to add:
I understand that this was brought up to the organizer's attention during the event. Due to their not correcting this situation then, it would have been nice for bidders to have been made aware of the cigars being fake while they were bidding. I kinda feel bad for that winning bidder. He looks a bit foolish as he is depicted gleefully holding onto a box of horribly obvious fakes. Maybe he was spurred on by the charitable purpose of the event, or felt safety in the auctioneer's cigar knowledge - who knows. Still, as always, buyer beware.

Perhaps this organization should not be auctioning off contraband cigars in the future.

<sigh>

Once again, no one is claiming there was any malice on anyone's part and they have my respect for doing all this for charity. To say that they can't possibly know the authenticity of every thing they get is correct. But not only were those boxes HORRIBLE counterfits and they were informed of it at the event, they got defensive and insulting when this was pointed out to them. I wouldn't have had a problem if they would have taken RESPONSIBILITY and immediatly said, "Yeah, we f*cked up, we are going to handle this." Everyone makes mistakes, how you deal with them is what seperates people.

Mike for a young guy, you get it! I wish others showed their maturity when addressing issues that concern all of us.

I do have the occasional lucid moment Anthony, albeit they are few and far between!

My only point of contention is that it is far simpler to protest or correct an act before it happens than after its occurrence, before it is (possibly) too late to rectify. Hopefully, the winning bidder is made whole for his "loss".

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully the guys who run the herf will learn from this. What's that saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

Time to pull a Jerry's Springer's Closing thoughts...

We as a community, although jovial and relaxed for the most part, enjoy some aspects of the good life bound by cigars. We all come from different backgrounds, different cultures, different understandings, but respect each other as brothers and sisters in this circle of the leaf. I'm sure many of us don't want to admit fault, no matter how it appears to ourselves and our peers, but each and every one of us is obliged to protect one another from those who wish to do harm to our way of life. Failure to do so will only give strength to those who prey on us and our love of the leaf. Know yourself, know your brethren, know your sources, and learn from our mistakes to forge a stronger bond between fellows of the leaf.

I hope NERF 09' as well as all future herfs will incorporate these cheesy ideals for a more mutually beneficial environment to all those involved.

Time to pull a Jerry's Springer's Closing thoughts...

We as a community, although jovial and relaxed for the most part, enjoy some aspects of the good life bound by cigars. We all come from different backgrounds, different cultures, different understandings, but respect each other as brothers and sisters in this circle of the leaf. I'm sure many of us don't want to admit fault, no matter how it appears to ourselves and our peers, but each and every one of us is obliged to protect one another from those who wish to do harm to our way of life. Failure to do so will only give strength to those who prey on us and our love of the leaf. Know yourself, know your brethren, know your sources, and learn from our mistakes to forge a stronger bond between fellows of the leaf.

I hope NERF 09' as well as all future herfs will incorporate these cheesy ideals for a more mutually beneficial environment to all those involved.

:thumbs: I like it!