• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Cameroons?

vortex

"A billion Eddie Barzoons jogging into the future
I have always been an ardent fan of this popular wrapper. Also, the cigars that employ it's delicate flavors are legion.

Of course, there's Fuente, who has probably done more to popularize Cameroon wrappers than any other manufacturer. Stanford J. Newman combined with Fuente to produce the popular Cuesta-Rey cigars after Newman bought the company. The two families are almost as one now and they produce great Cameroon cigars, IMO. Stanford's Cameroon Reserve was created to honor their 40 years of making Cameroon cigars. It is one of my favorites; but, not the only one!

The Don Carlos, Hemingway, and many other Fuente cigars are excellent, too. But so far I have to say my all-time favorite is the 2000 series by La Flor Dominicana. I'm not even sure second place goes to Newman as I also like the Partagas LTD Reserve Decadas 2005 with it's 10 yr old Cammie wrapper. Somewhere in there are the value priced Hemingways like Short Story, Work of Art(my fav in the line) and Signature, as well as others.

But for the money, Stanford's Reserve is hard to beat! What are your favorite Cammie wrapped cigars? ANy sleepers like the LFD that of which most are unaware? ;)

Steve

I really like the CAO CX2. A little pricey, but IMO a good flavor.

I'm not much on Cammies, but I've always been a bit partial to the Torano 1916. Cheap stick, but I like it.

Love the natural Hemingway's especially the SS and the WOA.
I look forward to trying some the other sticks mentioned!
Really want to try the Stanford's Cameroon Reserve...
I haven't had a Don Carlos in a loong while got to check one of theese sticks out soon!
2000 LFD huh? :D

-Rob

That's one I've never tried!

Anyone try a Gurkha Royal Brigade? They sound good. Perfecto with Centurian Double-X filler. 8O

Haven't tried too many cammies, but had a good experience with the Gurkha Class Regent Nepalese Warrior.

The Casa Fuente Corona Gorda is my favorite cameroon by far. But there are a lot of good ones out there. Anyone try the Diamond Crown Maximus Stanfords 90th cammie? A very fine one worth mentioning.

The Casa Fuente Corona Gorda is my favorite cameroon by far. But there are a lot of good ones out there. Anyone try the Diamond Crown Maximus Stanfords 90th cammie? A very fine one worth mentioning.

:thumbs:

Brian

I'm a big fan of the Hemmingways, and the Peterson Gran Reserva is a good Fuente-made alternative that's a great value since they're all on closeout.

Another vote for the Toranos 1916. Very flavorful, consistent, and affordable.

the stanford's cammie is always at the top of my list. the la aurora preferido is also a very good one if you have 17 bucks lying around.

the best cameroon ive ever had.......a cameroon shark, by a long shot.

I dig spicier cammy wrapped cigars, so of course Torano 1916, but I also really dig Vegas de Fonseca's & Perdomo Tradiction as I find they have a really nice bite