• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Cohiba Size and Why

jstars10

Just curious.... What is your favorite Cohiba size and why. Not sure what kind to get so kinda taken a poll to see what people like and why. Thanks guys...

Just curious.... What is your favorite Cohiba size and why. Not sure what kind to get so kinda taken a poll to see what people like and why. Thanks guys...

Good question. I love Esplendidos; only problem is they need some age to really appreciate them. Well, and the fact that they are really expensive.

I've had almost all of the Siglo line and I've found the robustos and esplendidos are more to my liking. Maybe you could pick up 2 or 3 of several sizes before pulling the trigger on a whole box?

Don't have a favorite size for Cohiba or for or any other brand, depends on my mood and/or how much time I have to smoke.

Brian

Is it the vitola size you are specifically interested in or the flavor profiles? When you ask about size, are you referring to both the ring gauge and length?

The flavor profile is personal preference. Unlike my experiences with Non-Cuban cigars, Cuban cigars have more variance in taste among the same line (marca) but of different "sizes".

The ring gauge is also personal preference. Thinner cigars, in my experience, tend to produce more intense flavors, but can occasionally be problematic with draw issues and you must exercise caution not to burn them too "hot". Larger ring cigars generally produce more volume of smoke, but are generally rolled with more "bland tasting" volado leaf to help maintain the "balance" of the cigar's combustion rate (volado burns easier than seco and ligero do).

Length is mostly a time issue, although the longer cigars also provide the additional pleasure of "changes" in their smoking experience (often referred to as "thirds" aka "1/3's").

Is it the vitola size you are specifically interested in or the flavor profiles? When you ask about size, are you referring to both the ring gauge and length?

The flavor profile is personal preference.

This is where I was going to go. :thumbs:

It seems to be a common misconception that the blends are the same and the sizes are the only difference. This is not the case, particularly with Cohibas. The blends vary greatly.

My advice? Try them all (of course)

Hope this helps
~Mark

Good question. I love Esplendidos; only problem is they need some age to really appreciate them. Well, and the fact that they are really expensive.

I've had almost all of the Siglo line and I've found the robustos and esplendidos are more to my liking. Maybe you could pick up 2 or 3 of several sizes before pulling the trigger on a whole box?

Young Smoke is right. Most places will let you put together sampler packs. Everyone has different preferences. You just need to find out what yours is.
I like the Siglo II and CORO. Have not tried the Siglo VI yet. At least a real one anyways :laugh: .

It seems to be a common misconception that the blends are the same and the sizes are the only difference. This is not the case, particularly with Cohibas. The blends vary greatly.

The regular Cohiba line is a very similar blend. Now, because of sizes the amount of each tobacco type varies, but the blend itself is quite similar. The Siglo line blend is different than the regular line blend, but within the Siglo line, the blend is similar between sizes, just varying amounts of tobacco. That's what makes a Cohiba a Cohiba.......

I have only tried to Siglo II, III, VI, and CORO, but my favorite was the sigo II. I would like to try a IV or esplendido. Maybe one of the Limited Edition Esplendidos!! :sign:

Brandon

...the Siglo line blend is different than the regular line blend but within the Siglo line, the blend is similar between sizes, just varying amounts of tobacco.

True :thumbs: but I think that some people think that all the Cohibas are the same. I dig an aged Lancero and the medias coronas myself.

~Mark

Aside from the flavor complex difference, there is also an age difference. Josh and I smoked 06 VI's the other night - they were wonderful. He even commented that he 'likes young cubans'.

I suggested he not tell his wife!

Aside from the flavor complex difference, there is also an age difference. Josh and I smoked 06 VI's the other night - they were wonderful. He even commented that he 'likes young cubans'.

Gary,
The minute I saw that you had responded to this thread, I knew that you were going to go there.
Hey, a man needs to have young cuban seat warmers in the car...right?

My favorite size is whatever's being offered in a glass top box.

Gary,
The minute I saw that you had responded to this thread, I knew that you were going to go there.
Hey, a man needs to have young cuban seat warmers in the car...right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love the old Linéa Clásica sizes...used to like the Linéa 1492, and certainly would never turn it down, but am liking it less and less. At the Indy Herf this past weekend, I actually PUT DOWN a Siglo VI after an inch or so. The ring gauge just made it too mild and watered down all the classic Cohiba tastes.

I like the Siglo IV. I bought a cab on my last trip to the Island. Perfect size for me, not too long, not too big............just perfect (I AM talking about the cigar !!!)

Esplendidos followed closely by the Lanceros and Robustos. The Siglo V is the best of that line. Can't really tell you why I prefer the Esplendidos. They just taste the best.