• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite line of pipes?

The Master

My favorites are my Formers followed by Winslow and Castello. What are some of your favorites?

I'm partial to Lorenzo and Boswell pipes.

Peterson (the System ones mostly, but P-lips in general), Ehrlich, estate pipes in general (I AM frugal, after all :laugh: ). Also Danish briars over others; nearly all the Danes I've got are great smokers.

That would be a Tim West freehand I'v had for a long time. The 2 Rad Davis pipes and a Boswell I have smoke great also.

I generally like Italian brands with Castello, Don Carlos and Mastro de Paja being mainstays.

My favorite US carvers are Brian Ruthenberg, Mike Brissett and Ed Sheffield

Smoked my new Don Carlos today, breaking it out for my birthday. I may have a new fav, this thing smokes great!

loanshark said:
savenelli
[snapback]221849[/snapback]​

top choice myself. I've smoked a peterson system also, but didn't like it as much as my savenelli.

I am becoming especially fond of my Erik Nording pipe. I like this pipe a lot. I have tried several recently and this is the one I keep turning to.

DSC00623.jpg

Nice looking pipe AL.I have one Nording in my collection and it is a great smoker. It was one of the first pipes I ever bought.

If it's the looks of that pipe as well as the smoking qualities, check out this maker:Anderson Pipes

Got one of his on eBay (the one marked sold on 9/21), put my first bowl thru it and was blown away by the smoking quality. :thumbs:

Thats a nice looking pipe atuck but I figured you more for something like this.

Cskull.jpg

:D

CYG

CvilleYoungGun said:
Thats a nice looking pipe atuck but I figured you more for something like this.

Cskull.jpg

:D
CYG
[snapback]232585[/snapback]​

I used to have a little one kind of like that in my younger days for my connoisseur stash! :laugh:

I love Peterson's. Have many of them. I am also partial to the lair of the white spot, aka Dunhill. Am even a member of the Fellowship, which, you other brothers should look into if you haven't. Between Dunhill and Peterson, there really isn't much left to be desired in my pipe book, though I do have a few Savinelli's that I take to on a rare occassion.

Hi guys, never smoked a pipe before. How do you know the size is right for you. How do you pick?

Also, where can I find a good pipe fairly cheap.

For finding a nice pipe for cheap, I have been having some great luck with ebay lately. as far as other info about sizes and such, Im useless, just started myself.

CYG

I've never really found one line of pipes that I absolutely preferred. My favorite pipe is an Ashton that I've had for many years. I've got Don Carlos, Castello, Tomaso Spanu, Savinelli, Charatan, and many more. In the last few years, I've tended to buy from American pipemakers who will make a pipe to my specifications. After several years of looking for unique shapes, now, I prefer a prince or a modified apple with a slight bent. TC Fuller has made me a couple of pipes, so has Boswell, and I have one Mike Brissett. Right now I have one pipe on order from Blakemar Briars in England. It's to be a copy of my favorite Ashton. I prefer a pipe with a relatively small diameter chamber and very thick walls. I've heard that Blakemar makes amazing pipes, so I hope I won't be disappointed when mine finally arrives.

To be honest....Its more about feel of the pipe in your hand and mouth. At least it is for me. I dont like straight pipes for several reasons. First is that the crap from the tobacco can flow through the stem. Second of all, it just doesnt feel right for me.

I love my big bowls and at the same time, I like average sized bowls. All depending on my mood. My favorit line is Peterson. For a price range of $60 to 100 , its hard to turn down such a decent pipe. Thats just my 2 cents worth.