• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite young Cubans?

I am no expert, but I have had some young & good Bolivar Belicosos Finos, Ramon Allones Special Select and Vegas Robainas Famosos. YMMV. Enjoy.

Upmann Mag 46's and Mag 50's have been kicking right outta the box. San Christobal La Punta's ain't too shabby either!

Hmmmmm, my favorite young Cubans are one that I forget about until they are not so young anymore. :p J/K...Seriously, I think the VR Famosos (which has already gotten its props) smokes great out of the box. I think the ERDM CS does as well, though it will not be a complex smoke by any means. PSD4s can smoke well young, though they do go through a pretty significant "sick" period around the 6 month mark. I would also recommend you try some of the smaller ring gauge cigars...they tend to not need as much age and can really open up a new world of cigars for you.

Hope this helps.

Hmmmmm, my favorite young Cubans are one that I forget about until they are not so young anymore. :p J/K...Seriously, I think the VR Famosos (which has already gotten its props) smokes great out of the box. I think the ERDM CS does as well, though it will not be a complex smoke by any means. PSD4s can smoke well young, though they do go through a pretty significant "sick" period around the 6 month mark. I would also recommend you try some of the smaller ring gauge cigars...they tend to not need as much age and can really open up a new world of cigars for you.

Hope this helps.

Actually I was going to ask for opinions with 46 ring gauges and smaller but figured I would leave it open to any suggestions. 42 and 46 ring gauge are my favorite size.

Well, the mag46 has already been mentioned. Also, the party shorts...smoke pretty well young, and great with just a little time.

I agree on the Mag 46s as well, and the Party Shorts... and, IMHO, the SCdH El Principes are nice fresh (sometimes tannic), but I lit up a 9 month old Principe with a cup of coffee yesterday afternoon and it was fantastic!

Tbrucigfet01-vi.jpg

Cohiba Siglo I's or Cuaba Divinos

In general smaller ring gauged cigars like the petite corona or tres petite( trini reyes) will be more approachable when young.Cigars with a 46 ring gauge and above will not be good to smoke young.These thicker cigars need a lot more time for the filler, binder and wrapper to marry.

I had a Boli Corona Jr. the other night that smoked pretty well for being young; which really surprised me for a Bolivar.

Also, may I ask why you are interested in finding real young cigars? If you look for some of the less common vitolas, you can often find them with a fair amount of age already on them.

Patrick

Edit because I can't spell!

Second the mag46 but would like to add the RASS. Granted they have their sick period and one never cn tell when that will be. But sometimes you get a young batch that is just awesome.

RASS, PSD 4, H Upmann Conn #1, Partagas Short, Mag 46, and this doesnt even begin my list so I will just say it. Any young Cuban cigar hits the spot for me. :thumbs: I like older cigars as well.

RASS, PSD 4, H Upmann Conn #1, Partagas Short, Mag 46, and this doesnt even begin my list so I will just say it. Any young Cuban cigar hits the spot for me. :thumbs: I like older cigars as well.

Why don't you just say it :whistling: - you love all cigars,
anywhere, anytime :laugh:

The Monte Edmundos are smoking great for as young as they are. And the price vs. cigar ratio makes them all the better. Of course they will need resting time, but all that I have smoked have been great. I was informed there were two releases and the second was better, but I couldn't tell you how to tell the difference.

Nate

Back