• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

feral pig tunnelling. Common?

Already on your facebook and already have the app on my ipad but just downloaded on my android phone.

Thank you very much JD. I can't think of many companies that take customer service this seriously. I already was a fan, I'm definitely a customer for life.

Thank you very much JD. I can't think of many companies that take customer service this seriously. I already was a fan, I'm definitely a customer for life.

This is one of the reasons I've gravitated to buying more and more of JDs stuff. Very impressed with how he handles business. AND the smokes are great.

This is why most of my humidor capacity is taken up by various DE sticks. Plus, it helps that they are some of the tastiest cigars around...

Have had the iPhone app for a while, just took care of the FB. Keep up the great work!

Guys.

I appreciate the opportunities you have given Drew Estate all along the way. From a tough, well, very tough beginning, we learned that growing our company requires three things: (1) quality cigars with perfect draw, (2) cutting and lighting one cigar at a time, one person at a time, and (3) Integrity & honesty. Later on we realized that Follow Through means paying attention to your customers, not just to making deposits at the bank.

When I read the story on Makers Mark and how that old man responded to each and every final consumer, no matter what time into the night he had to work - I respected that and said "that is who we can emulate if we stay focused". We have made our mistakes along the way, but this is what makes us most proud.

Thank you for your kind words.
Jonathan

JD,

Is this a pure construction issue or can more play into it? I frequently have Illusione cigars that do this. Since I store everything together and light them the same way, it points to a production issue to me. Or maybe an odd leaf of tobacco through the center?

I'm not looking to lay blame or anything. I understand the variety in a handmade product. Just curious. Thank you for your dedication to your product and this community.

Construction issue.

Some sticks that are smoked outside that are also not lit the right way or not touched up can tunnel.

Best,
JD

Kona 1000 ... I agree that it looks fine, but might have a whole down the center. This one looks like a tough call. Not from an issue of Customer Service, but a strange tunneling.

Sorry guys. Was using tapatalk and this somehow ended up here instead of the thread I had started.

llwydtp said:
Here's another development for comedy value. My wife decided that she wasn't happy with her anniversary present to me being reduced to a 5 pack of dissimilar cigars so she went to the B&M where she picked up the box originally. This happens to be a store that I avoid for a variety of reasons (constantly changing and unknowledgeable staff, selling counterfeit ISOM's etc). I armed her with the details of how the cigars were stores and my experience with them and their response was that my humidor is way too low and should be 70% plus and that they had never heard of a dry box but it certainly isn't something that a cigar should go in and that she should probably not mention a dry box when trying to return cigars in the future. She did end up speaking to the owner over the phone who promised to speak with the distributor on Monday. She called me on the way home and said, "well, they basically said what you thought they would say". I definitely feel fortunate to live in a large city with many choices as to not have to deal with these types of B&M's on a regular basis.<br /><br />And I apologize if this ends up sparking a RH debate as I certainly understand that 70%+ isn't necessarily a wrong answer but it also isn't the only right answer. I have experimented with several RH's and settled on 65% as I felt like I experienced fewer draw issues than at 68 or higher.
<br />I'm a little confused, are you the person that started this a few years ago under a different name? I'm pretty sure this is a free years old.<br /><br />Ian

A little while back I ran into issues with FFPs tunneling and got a little background info from a QC contact at DE's factory in Nicaragua.  Long story short, the ligero in the center of the FFPs was is under-humidifed at the factory for an unspecified period of time before they caught it.  They were having issues with over-humidification due to extremely wet years and over compensated with their drying process.  So as a result the ligero down the middle will burn faster because its a little bit looser than the other filler and binder around it.  

When you run into these issues, send an email to help@drewestate.com and they will take care of you very well.  Its a hand made product that will have defects and issues from time to time but JD & Co bend over backwards to make it right.  

I have an unopened box of these. I'm wondering if I need to check one out.

engspot, go ahead and send me the box; I'll be able to verify whether they do or don't have the tunneling issue. 

I bought a 48 count box, years ago, of the LP9, that had a lot of tunneling issues. I never even thought of contacting Drew, due to never, ever, having a manufacturer do anything other than say sorry, i.e., LIP SERVICE!  I also didn't open the box for about 2 or 3 months after purchase so vendor did not honor, nor ever get another dime from me. I allowed myself to become "conditioned" and  a bit too tolerant of something I never should have.

Not looking to "get" anything at this point, and wouldn't accept it if he offered. The point is, this is a good lesson on what we need to push manufacturers to do, and applaud DE for their values.  Someone mentioned Illusione having tunneling issues. My experience as well, and FAR TOO OFTEN! And I'll be damned it is one of my favorite lines. I have to open the boxes immediately, and check, double check, fondle, squeeze, pinch, smoke, etc. 

Check you boxes, and be RELENTLESS with vendors and manufacturers for refunds and exchanges for faulty products. Drew gets it, in both how to treat employees, and how to treat consumers. 

JD you have earned a customer for life. Keep doing what you do, and thank you for doing it!