• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Firewood

drunkfish3

Angry Fish
I ordered a 1/2 cord for $150 delivered and stacked from a guy on craigslist and this is what he delivered and tryed to say was a 1/2 cord. We settled on $80 and he would bring back rest next week if he wanted rest of money. But I got impression he gets away with this a lot.

That looks closer to what we've always called a "Rick" around here; which if I understand correctly is about a half cord.

That looks closer to what we've always called a "Rick" around here; which if I understand correctly is about a half cord.
No rack holds a face cord which is a 1/3 of a cord. That is just a little bit over a 1/4 cord.

Easy to tell with a tape measure what it is.

If a full cord is 4 feet tall X 4 feet wide x 8 feet long, then that would be 2x2x8 if you laid it all out. I don’t see it!

If a full cord is 4 feet tall X 4 feet wide x 8 feet long, then that would be 2x2x8 if you laid it all out. I don’t see it!
yep aperently he uses that pallet and stacks 4 feet tall to measure. problem is the pallet is 3x3 not 4x4 so he is way off on amount. he didn't really argue with me but didn't agree either just tried to say that it was a half cord. he wanted me to pay him all the money today and promised to come back with rest. lol was not happening. i doubt he will bring me more wood for rest of money, even if he calls me to schedule a day i probably going to tell him forget it. After thinking about it i think he does this all the time and probably gets away with it a lot.

In my experience, pretty much no one delivers what they claim they will. That, and they take no pride in their work. Selling wood where some logs are 20 inches or longer that won’t fit in my stove, down to logs that are 5-6 inches in length. Makes it fun to stack those varying sizes. Then there’s always the guy that throws in the rotten wood, or thinks it’s ok to sell me tulip poplar. That stuff burns as fast as paper.
I pretty much always cut and split my own because I hate the buying my firewood game. I actually enjoy it and consider it therapy. Not having the time to do it is the only reason I ever try to go out and buy firewood. My kids even enjoy a day of us being outside with music playing, a fire going, and a beer reward at the end.3021730218

That's why we have laws in the state of NH. A cord is a cord is a cord. As Winston Churchill once said, "The trouble with communism is communism. The trouble with capitalism is capitalists."

Doc