• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Brew!

smoke76

Heres some pics from the brew day
Steeping the Grains
pics088.jpg

Starting The boil
pics093.jpg

OOOPPPPPPS!
pics094.jpg

Relaxing, waiting
pics095.jpg

Coolong the wart.
pics096.jpg

The hose blew off. OOOPPPPPPPS
pics097.jpg

The fermenting has yet to start.

Wish me luck!!!
g

Awesome!!!
Thanks for the great pictures. ALL WILL BE GOOD BRO!!! :thumbs:

GL with that, doesnt look like ya did anything wrong, that's for sure.

One tip:
Follow the directions to the T, I over fermented my first batch 'cause I was a slacker and blew up an entire house for two weeks.
Methane is a deadly substance when it involves four dudes, alot of pizza, and 5 gallons of extra-yeasty beer.
My friends parents came home from vacation two weeks later and couldn't tolerate the stench. Scary.

Tell ya what tho, that stuff had some KICK!

Rob

Looks good man!! I need to get some more made, my son and his buddies have been drinking my homebrew faster than I can make it!!

And all those little slip-ups like boiling over and blowing the hose off the cooling coil are all part of the fun!

Hope it works out, keep us updated!

I can't to hear how it turns out. I used to do 5 gallon extract batches (simply because I didn't have the burner to do full grain batches). Your post brings back memories though, and I hope to one day clean the equipment and start another batch again.

Nice! Outdoor brewing is the way to go.
Looks like you experienced the dreaded boil over, everyone usually gets a least one.
I had one my first time it was inside on the stovetop.

Nice! Outdoor brewing is the way to go.
Looks like you experienced the dreaded boil over, everyone usually gets a least one.
I had one my first time it was inside on the stovetop.

Years ago I did the same thing. Boy the wiffy was pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was the batch and how did it turn out?

I've been slacking since spring, knocked out 50gal for my wedding and have been too preoccupied with other things since then(new house). Planning for a flemish red, barleywine, smoked porter, quad, and dunklewiezen when I get my butt in gear this fall. Also a few meads/cysers but those are alot easier to whip up compared to a brew session.

What was the batch and how did it turn out?

I did a belgim wit. I think the LME was bad. I came out having a stong "sour beer" smell and tast to it. I have another Wit Beer (all DME) bottle conditioning now and an Orange Hefe also so we will see in about another week!