• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First job

First job was cutting the lawn at home...hated it at the time, but looking back, wasn't so bad cutting the lawn for my parents and getting three hots and a cot in return!

In between, I worked at age 14-20 doing discreet trial therapy for autistic children, got paid $10 under the table! Made more than all my friends and gained a lot of life experience doing it. Worked the fast food bit for a while, then during the summers of high school and college, did was a union seasonal worker (IBEW union) with my old man who is an electrician in Philadelphia. I loved that job!

Now, I am a full time graduate student in biochemistry and molecular biology. Hopefully will graduate in December of this year (fingers crossed!) at which point I hope to get a job as a senior research scientist for a pharmaceutical company.

First job ever: Dishwasher at a surf-n-turf restarant

First Real Career: chemical and plastics engineer, retired as director of technology

Career Preparing for Now: Professor of Education, Development and Cognition

Never look back, never go back.

Wilkey

First job: law enforcement
Now: IT (more lucrative and safer :))

I would have never guessed that Rod.

First job: dishwasher
Length of tenure: 45 minutes

Did you tell them you quit? or just sneak out?

What for? Making pennies and no contract for notification so I threw the apron in the water and left. Manager was an A-Hole Supreme!

Current Job: Westcoast Territory Manager for Medical Equipment............or sales.

First Job: Orchard work. I stacked boxes of peaches onto pallets... all day long...

Current: Program Manager for a Fortune 150

Masonry and I loved it. But I destroyed my back and it has come to haunt me in my later years. After a few years, it got much better and I enjoyed about 15 years repairing office equipment. I loved that, too. But as my back started to become more and more of a problem I was forced to admit I couldn't do it anymore.

Now I want to make a living in some way involved in cigars. Hey! It's easy on the back for the most part and there's no question about my enthusiasm for it! ;)

Maybe I can get a job as a sales rep for DPG! :D

First job: Bus boy/cook at a Perkins.
Was an ok job, stayed there for all of my high school years.

Current job: Air Force.
Ehh. It's Alright.

First job: Waiter at a Hot Shoppes restaurant at 15.

Current job: Retired, working part-time at my local cigar shop and loving it!

First job: worked at a bicycle store for the hefty wage of $5.
Current: Work in a finance/audit dept. of a large entertainment corp.

It has it's perks, but I do miss some of my past jobs. Bought my first tv with my first paycheck from that first job. Getting paid weekly as a sophmore in high school was nice, plus the bike shop gig was a perfect first step in the working world. Afterall, what were my employers and coworkers but overgrown boys?

I've worked in a few coffee houses and a few corporate environments since then, leading up to my current.

My first job was working at Jack's Hamburgers. Man, I was 15 and had to have my mom and dad sign off on it. I was high on the hog. Worked there for 5 years. Got pissed off finally because I was overlooked for management several times and just had enough and looked elsewhere.

Dozens of jobs later, I am in the IT field and been working for the same company for 7 years now and getting all my debt paid off. Whats nice now, is I telecommute in now instead of having to drive 67 miles each way to the office and back like I did the first 6 years of working there.

1st job: cart boy at Pathmark Super Market. 1st/2nd year in HS.

Best Job: Its a tie between working at Eastern Mountain Sports and working part time at the B&M here in DC. I got paid in camping gear which was awesome since i was going to college in Colorado and camped almost every weekend, snow or shine! At the B&M, i get paid in cigars (pretty much) which is nice because... I smoke the cigars.

Current Job: construction project manager.

Freshman year in high school: Motorcycle shop - assembly of new bikes out of the crate and all around gopher. Great job for me because of my love/racing motorcycles.

Junior year high school: Clean-up crew for food processing plant. Sucked -but kept gas in my 1st car.

Senior year high school: Started work full time 2nd shift 3 months before graduation in a plastic extrusion plant. Hot, dirty, nasty job in the mixing dept. But, first real job where I learned how to work and apply myself. Stayed 3 years and made lead-man before leaving for next job.

Next job: 1979 hired in as aux plant operator at the coal fired power plant were I still work today as a Operations Group Leader (shift supervisor). Probably would not change anything. I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunities to have worked my way up through various jobs at the plant to my current position. Has been and is a good steady job with decent benefits.

Unfortunately, I'm currently on disability leave and have been for the last 15 months due to 2 back surgeries and ongoing complications. Hoping to get approved for a spinal cord stimulator that may allow me to return to work. I will be 50 years old next April and I really need to work another 8-10 years to be able to put our daughter (who just turned 12) through college.

Well, you asked for it. Reader's Digest version of my work history. :)

Mark

First job was a dishwasher at Cici's Pizza- That job lasted three weeks or three days depending on how you looked at it. I was only scheduled to work from 6pm-4pm on Thursday. After three weeks of that I told them I needed more hours and they said I would have to wait several months to got more hours. My response was an official two weeks notice, to which they responded don't worry about coming back. When that was said I was silently screaming THANK YOU!!!

Then what I look at as more of my first job was for a company that goes by the name of Agpro inc. They are a manufacturer of waste management equipment for dairies. Things like manure separators, manure stackers, manure presses, etc. There I worked for two and a half years learning many good skills. Everything from basic construction to welding, assembly, fork lift operations, and many other useful skills and trades. Finally had to give up there due to them just not paying enough, and my boss there even told me that I needed to go to a different job, because it was no place to make a career.

Now I have ended up at my local Sheriff's Department working as a police dispatcher. I've been dispatching for almost five months now, and I absolutely love it. Law Enforcement is an area that I have a passion to work in, and this is about all that I can do in it until I am older. This job has allowed me to see parts of the community and people that I would have never seen otherwise, and has given me a more accurate view of law enforcement. As well as giving me a more accurate view it has also given me more of a passion to go farther into it.
B