• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fishing thread

Trout! Been trolling for lakers latley. We're kind of snobs up here. If it ain't a trout it's a snake.

Doc.

You silly Yanks... ;)

Bring your ol' crotchety self down here to the Gulf this fall, The big Gag grouper come in close, and we POUND them trolling stretch 30's, and often we'll pick up some Cobia or Kings

Here's a couple gags from fall 06
grouper

Big Cobia from Oct 06
cobia

3 cobia Nov 06
3 cobes

edit to fix pics

Been doing pretty good lately fishing wise. Some dolphin, king, grouper and, spear-fishing wise, speared some great hog snapper. Now, tomorrow, heading down to Cabo for some more sport-fishing and the down deep in the Carrib. (Antigua & Dominica) for some more fishing.

Been doing pretty good lately fishing wise. Some dolphin, king, grouper and, spear-fishing wise, speared some great hog snapper. Now, tomorrow, heading down to Cabo for some more sport-fishing and the down deep in the Carrib. (Antigua & Dominica) for some more fishing.

pics please :thumbs:

Since moving back down to the lower 48, I can't get excited about fishing. In June, I took a trip back to Alaska and did 10 days on the Gulkana river with my friends. Ultimate "guy trip"...10 days, enough food for 13, 6 friends, 3 boxes of cigars, 53 cases of beer, and nothing to do but play cards and fish. Caught Arctic Char, Grayling, and eventually kings on nearly every cast. It was heavenly...until the beer and cigars ran out.

Swissy...is that the Copper River where you're dipnetting?? I don't miss that at all. :) :)

Friday(City Island Area,Bronx)- Banged three blues to 10lbs

Saturday (Western LI Sound)- Roy R. Frush and I were out and were ontop aof an amazing spot when I landed a 28" inch stiper after two evene bigger run offs he had a pig porgy, and then we got swamped by an asshole in a 45' Cabin cruiser less than an hour after havingh started and I freaked out as we almost sank. He was, as always, the cool pragmatist under fire.

Sunday(South Shore Long Island 7miles out)- Hit a bluefish blitz caught nealry 100 blues to 15lbs but only kept a dozen between the four guys. We also had our limit on bass to 17lbs.

I used to live close to the throggs neck bridge and fish around where you're talking about. I used to let the blues corner some bunker in little neck bay, throw some snag hooks in to grab some of the bunker, go set up in the deep water (I think it was called kings point) and get some monster blues that way.

Do you do any sand shark fishing there? I never caught one while I lived there.

Did someone say FISHING?!??!!?

Robert_Micah_31Albacore.jpg

frank_me_beer.jpg

fumi_but.jpg

bft650.jpg

micah_wsb.jpg

theboys.jpg

This pic and post are from my Dad, posted on Wade Fish Galveston, a site that my Uncle runs.
It is the only fishing story I have this year. Also on the site is an Iraq Fishing report, that I Mod, when I have the chance, I really need to get out to our "Lakes"

big_trout_small_image.jpg

Some of you may remember my predictions for this year in my first post on this board. Well one of them has come true.
Saturday AM, POC beach front, first fish of the day. Ryan as my net man. I was certain it was a red untill Ryan yells out 'Big Trout!". I couldn't see it yet and then it made a bee line for the anchor rope. Around the rope and then back before I could adjust. She had her chance at that point but made the mistake of comming back around and Ryan nabbed her on the first attemp. I only fought her for about 10 seconds after I realized it was not a red so my heart didn't start racing until Ryan flopped her on the deck. 26 inches, 5 lb's 15 oz's.

Followed that with a 27 inch red and untill I saw the red I was thinking ' Could I be so lucky as to catch two big ole trout in the same day ?' then I saw the tail spot and was actually releived.

Tim

Nice catches ! i just came back this past saturday with my family, we went deep sea fishing off the coast of cali (one of the charter boats) we caught 10 Barracuda's and a crap load of mackerels :cool: , Ill try to get some pics up !

i caught one 10" bass this weekend..

my buddies caught a 14 incher, and a ~17 inch pike
friend also caught a 17 inch bass off the pier.

yep, called a 'fire truck' when they're over 10 lbs, sea possums under 10

Going for Blackfish today. New Captain so........we'll see how we make out.

Wow, I'd love to catch some of those monsters.

Went after some freshwater bass yesterday. Mainly just to get out of the house. Took 2 of my dogs, caught a largemouth, I was happy.

we're absolutely pounding the grouper, pretty much limited out on 3 trips this week, last trip 3 of us caught about 125#, which ended up being about 50# of fillets, nothing better grilled or fried the day you catch it!

here's a buddy w/ a couple
IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG