• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FLOGGING MOLLY

Just as an FYI, Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya is an old anti-war song going back to the early 19th century.

My favorite DKM song has to be Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya. Makes me want to dye my hair orange and start drinking Guiness!

Flogging Molly has some sweet tunes too.

The Tossers do that one too. I think they recorded it before DKM ever did. :D

Just as an FYI, Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya is an old anti-war song going back to the early 19th century.

My favorite DKM song has to be Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya. Makes me want to dye my hair orange and start drinking Guiness!

I knew that. ;) I certainly didn't say The Tossers wrote it. My guess is DudeLove also knew that this is not an original DKM song because DKM plays MANY traditional and old songs at their shows and records them on their CDs.

Saw them at Music in the Park which is pretty much free concerts that are held in downtown San Jose. Don't really remember much of them though, my friend Jack Daniels kept me distracted.

I like the Dropkicks and thanks to CC like the Tossers also now. Went to a DKM show in Reno last spring. I did get to see Flogging Molly with the Bosstones in the House of Blues-New Orleans in 99 or 2000. That was a nice show.

I knew that. ;) I certainly didn't say The Tossers wrote it. My guess is DudeLove also knew that this is not an original DKM song because DKM plays MANY traditional and old songs at their shows and records them on their CDs.

Yeah, I think there's about 50 bands that have recorded a version of it :laugh:. Just like their song for the Departed soundtrack. They also do a rockin' cover of Fortunate Son.

I saw Flogging Molly at Lollapalooza last year, it was an awesome show. It was so crowded though that it was hard to get close to the stage

Anyone going to the show in KC this Sunday? I will be down there Friday and leaving Monday. I will be checking out the new (or not so new) South location of the Outlaw at some point. If anyone is interested in getting together for a smoke and/or going to the show let me know.

Anyone going to the show in KC this Sunday? I will be down there Friday and leaving Monday. I will be checking out the new (or not so new) South location of the Outlaw at some point. If anyone is interested in getting together for a smoke and/or going to the show let me know.
Um....yeah. Let me know when you want to meet up.

Um....yeah. Let me know when you want to meet up.

Probably looking at Saturday morning sometime.

Scratch that. Trip has been cancelled. The show sold out just before my brother went to get tickets. :(

Flogging Molly is awesome man! Great style of music blending pure punk rock with that celtic feel to it. Do you like Dropkick Murphys? They are amazing as well. Keep Rockin man! :cool:

I'm a "Molly Flogger" from way back!
laugh.gif

Flogging Molly is awesome man! Great style of music blending pure punk rock with that celtic feel to it. Do you like Dropkick Murphys? They are amazing as well. Keep Rockin man! :cool:

Been to many DKM shows. I hope they are coming to the Twin Cities this year.

They are in Milwaukee tonight and I have no takers........ maybe next time.

I got into FM & DKM from The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Still one of my favorite bands. Saw FM 10 or 12 years ago open for MMB. Great show!

Back