• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For people who have smoked both- RASS VS PSD4

The answer is yes!

I've liked them both.  And I would smoke both of them and enjoy them.  Then I'd smoke two more.  

Try them both and see if you agree  :D

It's all in your preference at the moment. Most of the time I prefer the finesse and smoothness (others would call it mild) of a PSD4. While other times I want that ass kicker as someone else put it.

Both. Great smokes, with age, even better. As far as ass kicking Cubans, I've always heard the RyJ cazadores is strong, never had one though.

C

After joining CP I learned about the love here for a RASS.  I got a box and fell in love myself.  I later was able to try a PSD4 and was not impressed.  I found it mild and kind of harsh.  Now that being said I have not tried a PSD4 since, but still find the RASS a great smoke.  I have not had a bad one, and find that young it is great but with age it is amazing. 

modo22 said:
After joining CP I learned about the love here for a RASS.  I got a box and fell in love myself.  I later was able to try a PSD4 and was not impressed.  I found it mild and kind of harsh.  Now that being said I have not tried a PSD4 since, but still find the RASS a great smoke.  I have not had a bad one, and find that young it is great but with age it is amazing. 

That is why the question came up. After browsing so many of the threads here on CP...RASS kept coming up over and over again.

I have of box of RASS coming in. I can't wait to try it...

Based purely on taste I like the PSD4, because I'm a big fan of the Partagas flavor profile.   When factoring in price, I think you get much more value from the RASS.    I really enjoy both, and you can't go wrong either way.

I've always considered RASS to be the Padron 2000 of cuban cigars. It's not flashy, kinda rough and ugly, won't blow you away, but never disappoints you either. It's solid, consistant, and you pretty much always know what you are going to get.

To me, RASS is almost unsmokeable young, but explodes in flavor after 3-5 years. The D4 is very good within 6mo of box date, then it needs to hide for several years as well. Really depends on what you need.

I would also recommend getting H Upmann Connie #1s and JL #2s. They have been excellent.

Its funny how most have different opinions and ideas on how long they need to age or whats good fresh. Get them both if you can and make your own decision but please let us know what your findings are!

I will do a review of the cigars after I get them in! Thanks to all that has replied thus far. Love hearing all the different opinions.

RASS all the way. I like the PSD4 but the RASS is more my flavor profile.

But I've found other people's opinions to be of little use. Also, age and vintage are important variables with CCs.

I would prefer one RASS to two PSD4's. The PSD4 seems to me to be unrefined and not very complex.

I would bet the PSD4 guys out number me 20-1.

I have a box of each both from August 2012. The RASS are currently great, the PSD4s are unsmokeable.

I have a couple box of both also.

I actually think the RASS is unsmokeable young and that the PSD4 after 6 months is ready to go.

With that being said, both are excellent smokes with the edge going to PSD4 for me. 

I will have to wait till the RASS gets a little time to make a fair comparison...

Merely personal taste. Both excellent robustos along with MY fav, the Bolivar Royal Corona. :p

I bought box of each in 2010 RASS ('09) and PSD4 ('10).

The RASS weren't anything special and I buried them.
The PSD4 were really good at first, but within the last 4 months my RASS have surpassed my PSD4.

I'm with you James.

I have a 2011 box of Rass and a 2011 box of PSD4 but recently, I've been preferring the RASS over the PSD4. 

But as a young cigar, I think the PSD4 without a doubt. 

Aging does wonders for the RASS...