• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For Those That Use Gel Humidification

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I just thought I would pass this on as I have gotten away from beads in my coolerdors because of the mess they leave as I would search through them looking for a specific box of cigars to move to my Aristocrat. I went back to the 4oz gel jars about 2-3 years ago and they've performed admirably keeping them at a consistent 68-70%.

To my point...you know how the gel gets brown & funky after a while? I would replace them when they would and buy new ones for about $10 to $12 each. I would keep the old ones, throw out the gel, disinfect them, and then use them for beads. But when I bailed on the beads, I had a few empty ones available.

While looking for some new 4oz jars...I stumbled across these on eBay. It's a packet of the water crystals in their dry form. Just one ounce of them fits perfectly in the empty 4oz jar once you add distilled water...and they're only $6 for the bag with free shipping.

Works for me in applications where there is a lot of action and movement where beads don't work as well.

Good post. I bought some of those water beads and use them for that purpose in one of my humidors. They work pretty well.

That is the wonderful thing about people sharing ideas, we have opportunities to learn things we did not know about.

I would guess 50% of the people reading this forum never become members, they just come to lurk, and learn.