• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fourth of July Smokes

Happy 4th everyone! I continued the cheap / bundle cigar testing for SJM: Professor Sila and a Vigilante.

Started the day with a Boli RC after breakfast followed up with a custom blend stick from Miami on the golf course and capped the day off with a AF Anejo Shark. It was a good day.

Brian

RP X-Out Liga 'C' Maduro before work.

Padilla '32 Churchill May '06 after meaning NOW! Damn these are incredible!!

I smoked Pepin all day today, First a Pepin Cuban Classic 1979 then I had a Pepin Blue Generosos. Both were great smokes

I'll be working, making sure the good people here enjoy their freedoms safe from violence. So someone smoke a good one for me please. Thank you, have a Happy 4th guys! :thumbs:

Okay Jon! This Perfecxion was for you! Was gooood too! :D

07-04-08OpusPerfexcionX001.jpg

07-04-08OpusPerfexcionX005.jpg

Greg, thank you brother!!! Truly a kind gesture, thanks for smoking in me stead!

Brent, Brandon, Tom, thanks youse guys for lightin' one up for me! Looks like I had a 4 cigar day!! :sign: :D :sign: :D

Finally home in one piece in 100 degree weather, and I'm gonna eat some chicken soup, take some Nyquil, and toddle off to bed... Thanks fellas, truly awesome BOTLs on here! :thumbs:

PAM Imperial. Great smoke! Only problem that I am having is with this fuggin acid reflux from the afternoon BBQ... :whistling:

mac

PAM Imperial, '98 Boli PC, and an Opus PL..WHat a great day. :thumbs:

It's great to see all of you enjoying such amazing sticks! The rain was threatening all day, so I only got to smoke a small cigar, a Padron 1926 No. 35 Maddie. Nevertheless, it was an excellent half hour of smoking pleasure. :thumbs:

Had a Padron 80th natural today. It was good but I think the maduro i s more developed for its age right now...

I had my first El centurion, it was a beli....wow. very complex smoke....absolutely amazing! I loved it!!

Yesterday I had a fantastic Punch Monarca from '01 thanks to a fine BOTL on here and a Monte D EL from '05 that was pretty damn good too.

5 Vegas Cask Strength last night.
AF Don Carlos #4 at my friend's cookout this afternoon.

TampaSupremo

Yesterday I smoked an Ashton Magnum & a CAO America Patomic in honor of our country's birth. :D
Really liked the Ashton for a morning smoke, smooth and light but flavorfull.
The flavors of the CAO were wonderful, especially the last third, but the construction/wrapper issues were just a bit much and kept me from nubbing this one.

Review: Prelight was very nice with silky wrappers and a scent of field tobacco and oak. Construction appeared fine and the sticks had softened since I bought them last year, good thing as they were rock hard 8 months ago. Paired this vitola with Baker's 107 Kentucky Straight Bourbon & 3 small distilled water ice cubes.

gallery_5052_193_32089.jpg

Easy light and voluminous blue smoke with medium strength oak and tobacco. Just hints of chocolate at this time.
Getting into the first third a few uneven burn issues and the wrapper had some fraying issues at the end. Maybe due to low humidity or thin/delicate wrapper. Uneven burn did not curb the tastes or aromas which continued on the woodsy side with the dark chocolate ramping up. The Baker's stayed hot on the tongue and released it's vanilla angel as promised.

gallery_5052_193_8059.jpg

Odd thing half way through with the ash falling, there appeared to be a blade? of tobacco that would not fall & was hard, very odd. Still no flavor issues although the smoke was much reduced. Chocolate was the prdominant flavor now and the oaky taste had become a rich soft note. Wrapper issues still hindering the feel of the smoke. Hit another dram of the 107, neat this time, picking up spice and very hot woodsy notes.

gallery_5052_193_19710.jpg

Hit the sweet spot on this last third with powerful dark chocolate with hints of cinnamon and cedar; I think the Baker's added to this a bit.

gallery_5052_193_37389.jpg

Alas, no nubbing this one as the wrapper issues became overwhelming. Pieces sticking to my lips and eachother was beginning to ruin the experience so I quit while I was ahead. Overall I enjoyed this cigar and what a great opportunity to enjoy this on July 4th. I have more in the Tower and look forward to the next chance to smoke one.

Pre Fireworks: Johnny-O robusto
During the Fireworks: VR clasico with a super tight draw....

I smoked a VSG Illusion and a DPG Blue Label Firecracker (review coming soon). I brought a couple more to have at my night job, but we were so short staffed, I was back and forth between inside and out, and wasn't able to smoke. Hopefully I can make up for that today.