• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Freezerator Build (Keezer)

Cory thank you so much for the links and the info, I will definitely check in with you when I'm ready to pull the trigger on those! :thumbs:

All parts purchased from Beverage Factory, and first post updated to reflect actual parts list.

Chose will call pickup as the wife and I will be down in San Diego on 6/7 and I'll pick it up then.

This weekend is memorial day weekend so I'm hoping for some discounts on chest freezers.

Crap for all that trouble I'd just go to Cory's to get my buzz on! Only kidding sounds like you have it all squared away.

This was definitely a learning process for me, I feel very comfortable knowing there are so many guys on CP I can lean on for help with this.

Once this is all set up and running, there will be a keezer herf haha!

I'll just wheel it into CigarMan Andy's RV and we'll make a tour. :p

I am considering adding these valves to the order this morning after finding out that the valves are just stop valves, and not "stop and check" valves.

Thoughts?

edit to add: The consensus on HomebrewTalk is that they are essential, and a small price to pay to protect more costly regulators. Yet Micromatic says their check valves are in their couplers.

final edit: Added to order for extra insurance.

Taking delivery of the chest freezer today! List price was $413.11 for the unit, I managed to get it down to $305.19 delivered.

This thread is right on time.

As soon as I figure out my control box wireing for the brewery, build a fermentation chamber that will hold 3 15 gallon fermentors building a keezer is the very next project....

Tim

Awesome Tim! I was honestly shocked that no one had done this before on CP.

This is coming together and here are the pics to prove it!

So sorry for the super long delay in this build but I hope to finish sealing it this weekend.

First post updated.

It's up, it's up! I skipped the initial frame making because of the amount of pics to upload.

But essentially my idea was to build a collar in a collar so I'd have a nice gap for my denim insulation sammiched between the poplar hardwood.

Every corner is reinforced two ways from Tuesday, making this thing quite over engineered for what it has to do, but I prefer it that way. (It's how I used to build my cars)

I have the twin 120MM fans and e500 dehumidifier at home so once this thing is buttoned down I'll be installing the fans.

Tonight we are test fitting the collar before we start varnishing (about 4 coats) and if everything lines up tight, we'll be on track to be done by Sunday.

That looks great!  Can't wait to see the finished product.