• Update 2/27/21: You can now enjoy live private messaging between members, as well as a live chatroom. These features are mobile ready. Enjoy! :)

Fridge and Wine cooler Guide

jlpayne72

Question?
I have a wine cooler humidor and it works great. The only problem I'm having is that when the temp decreases, the humidity also decreases. The same thing happens when temp goes up. In the winter, this creates a lot of work just to keep it within optimal range +/- 5.

While trying to do some research, all I read is that people say when the temp goes up, the humidity goes down and when temp goes down humidity goes up but not in my case.

Is this normal or am I reading it wrong?

pkfridges

My uncle have a ivation wine cooler he like it because of its cooling capacity and it protect quality and taste of wine for long time.

Jake Erza Simmons

I got the conversion kit as well and it was very helpful. The controls are easy to understand and it was easy use as well. Awesome addition for a newbie like me. Me and my wife found out that wine taste good. We've been beer drinkers our whole life and we are just discovering wine. It also helped a lot that Lisa helped us choose which unit works for the size of our cellar. As I've said, we are newbies.

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
I got the conversion kit as well and it was very helpful. The controls are easy to understand and it was easy use as well. Awesome addition for a newbie like me. Me and my wife found out that wine taste good. We've been beer drinkers our whole life and we are just discovering wine. It also helped a lot that Lisa helped us choose which unit works for the size of our cellar. As I've said, we are newbies.
Are you shilling their site, or just trying to show a product that you bought with the "cellar" link?

H. Vachon

Salty Bastard
Spending an awful lot of money for “newbies” 🧐

personal User

After years of operating a 128 bottle compressor driven wineador, when the humdification device failed I put another coolidor in the basement.

I kept cigars in boxes in the wineador and also kept the hygrometers in boxes, to read % the cigars should be. Even so, the compressor system cycling removes a bit of moisture that needed the avallo system humidifying to keep up. The Relative humidity inside the winedor would fluctuate somewhat depending on compressor cycling.

Now we had zoned heating/cooling which gives me the ability to regulate temp down in the basement.

I am in Greenville SC. which can get hot in the summer but not nearly as bad as other parts of the world. I originally put a coolidor down there for cubans to keep them at a slightly different humdiity level. Then I realized that I was essentially put better things down there along with cubans.

My major point is that if you can control the ambient temperature, a coolidor and beads appears to be an excellent solution.