• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fridge and Wine cooler Guide

Question?
I have a wine cooler humidor and it works great. The only problem I'm having is that when the temp decreases, the humidity also decreases. The same thing happens when temp goes up. In the winter, this creates a lot of work just to keep it within optimal range +/- 5.

While trying to do some research, all I read is that people say when the temp goes up, the humidity goes down and when temp goes down humidity goes up but not in my case.

Is this normal or am I reading it wrong?

My uncle have a ivation wine cooler he like it because of its cooling capacity and it protect quality and taste of wine for long time.

I got the conversion kit as well and it was very helpful. The controls are easy to understand and it was easy use as well. Awesome addition for a newbie like me. Me and my wife found out that wine taste good. We've been beer drinkers our whole life and we are just discovering wine. It also helped a lot that Lisa helped us choose which unit works for the size of our cellar. As I've said, we are newbies.

I got the conversion kit as well and it was very helpful. The controls are easy to understand and it was easy use as well. Awesome addition for a newbie like me. Me and my wife found out that wine taste good. We've been beer drinkers our whole life and we are just discovering wine. It also helped a lot that Lisa helped us choose which unit works for the size of our cellar. As I've said, we are newbies.

Are you shilling their site, or just trying to show a product that you bought with the "cellar" link?

Spending an awful lot of money for “newbies” 🧐

After years of operating a 128 bottle compressor driven wineador, when the humdification device failed I put another coolidor in the basement.

I kept cigars in boxes in the wineador and also kept the hygrometers in boxes, to read % the cigars should be. Even so, the compressor system cycling removes a bit of moisture that needed the avallo system humidifying to keep up. The Relative humidity inside the winedor would fluctuate somewhat depending on compressor cycling.

Now we had zoned heating/cooling which gives me the ability to regulate temp down in the basement.

I am in Greenville SC. which can get hot in the summer but not nearly as bad as other parts of the world. I originally put a coolidor down there for cubans to keep them at a slightly different humdiity level. Then I realized that I was essentially put better things down there along with cubans.

My major point is that if you can control the ambient temperature, a coolidor and beads appears to be an excellent solution.

My little thermoelectric 6 bottle sized cooler started acting up - can't find the issue. I'm in Arizona (dry), average temp in the house is 75F-80F, and without power I'm stable at 70% / 75F.

Someone has a giant 36-bottle 2-door glass front for $25 but is compressor driven. If the above current temp/humidity without power is OK - I'd love to have more room. What'dya think?

franklin-chef_fwc36_featured-370x265.jpg

I need to find a way of keeping mine warmer esp overnight. Getting a 10f fluctuation atm which is playing havoc with the RH. Had to move everything into tupperdore.

I need to find a way of keeping mine warmer esp overnight. Getting a 10f fluctuation atm which is playing havoc with the RH. Had to move everything into tupperdore.
Too hot to just unplug it, I'm assuming?

Too cold is the problem. Resting temp of the room is 50ish.

Will drop to 52-53 overnight.

How bad is that dripping your %? I assume your unit is off and isn’t working to cool anything, if it gets that low.

Honestly, if it’s not making that big of an impact on your humidity %, then I’d roll with it. Is it in a basement?

Cold actually raises it to 72+ when the room is heated it sits around 67. That's with 2*60g 65 boveda and half a dozen 6g 65 boveda

Not a basement. Just an olddddd house with minimal insulation.

That's with 2*60g 65 boveda and half a dozen 6g 65 boveda
Get yourself some humidity beads like Heartfelt or RHshield. Your humidor may be too big to rely on boveda packs. Beads are going to be more stable. Roughly how many cigars do you have in the humidor?

Too cold is the problem. Resting temp of the room is 50ish.
Assuming Fahrenheit? I'd just unplug it. As long as it stays above freezing it won't have any negative impact. My humi is in my unfinished basement that does down to the mid 40s during the winter.