• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente DVDs

DaveWF said:
Mine don't come with cigars, but let me know if you'd like a backup copy and I'll hook you up.

Dave ;)
Got one from Dave :thumbs: The label program works great Dave. ;)

Wascal said:
DaveWF said:
Mine don't come with cigars, but let me know if you'd like a backup copy and I'll hook you up.

Dave ;)
Got one from Dave :thumbs: The label program works great Dave. ;)
In other words, you stole it.

$50 was a Normal price for that set, but I have seen them for $39.95 somewhere

They are $49.95 at Famous

Oh, I didn't know that. I saw just the DVD for around $20 somewhere. Just giving people options.

DaveWF said:
Pssst, don't tell Moki, but I have backup copies for the cost of a cigar!

Shhhhhh!

:sign:
Since were keeping stolen software/DVD's to PM's, this thread should probably be edited accordingly.

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
DaveWF said:

Shhhhhh!

Since were keeping stolen software/DVD's to PM's, this thread should probably be edited accordingly.

Cheers,
Dixie
I hope you're joking. :p If not then it's sad you dug up this thread for that. :sign:

cvmfour said:
dixieland_conjunction said:
DaveWF said:

Shhhhhh!

Cheers,
Dixie
I hope you're joking. :p If not then it's sad you dug up this thread for that. :sign:
I'm not joking.

When I was in college, I did several things to make money since I did not have time to carry a regular job. One of which was selling my photography. I had to give up on this becasue people would just steal (save) and print my original photos (watermark and all) from my old website. Everytime I this happened I was losing a sale. My art pays the bills full-time now - I'm a designer at an engineering firm. So, I still empathinze with folks affected by stolen DVDs.

DaveWF said:
Shhhhhh!

Man some of you people sound just like the RIAA. Copyright violation is not the same as theft under our law. Although the RIAA goes around calling it theft - the charges filed against the famous 12 year old girl (and the 1000's of less famous people) were not for theft. You can't be charged with theft for copying someone's intellectual property. Its not stealing.

I think CVMFOUR made an excellent point in the now locked thread, and it is a shame the thread was locked before some decent debate could occur. Now that this thread has come up though. Those of you in glass houses.. you know the cliche'.

Matt

It was sad the thread got locked. I'm sure some people would liked to have debated that.

txmatt said:
Man some of you people sound just like the RIAA. Copyright violation is not the same as theft under our law. Although the RIAA goes around calling it theft - the charges filed against the famous 12 year old girl (and the 1000's of less famous people) were not for theft. You can't be charged with theft for copying someone's intellectual property. Its not stealing.
It's quite true -- Copyright violation can actually lead to larger penalties than just the theft of the actual item. You'd be quite surprised. Copyright is exactly that -- the right to copy. Other than for archival purposes, or your own fair use, you simply do not have the right to copy dvds, music, software, etc.

Dismissing this as trivial is ridiculously short-sighted. Our country, and prosperous countries the world over, all have in common the notion of property protection, both physical and intellectual.

America has exactly ONE commodity that we export in surplus, and that commodity is intellectual property, in a variety of forms. You seem to be incredibly dismissive of the basic laws of property ownership that allowed the US to become so successful, and of the one commodity that the US has in surplus.

Sad, and short-sighted.

Whatever you do for a living, consider the notion that someone will just come along, and take your goods/services because they want 'em, and not pay you a dime for it. You're doing the same thing.

And don't give me that BS about "I wouldn't have bought it anyway" -- clearly if you are motivated enough to try to rip it off, you have significant interest in it. And please do not whine about it being too expensive -- as with insurance premiums, if it wasn't for the idiots ripping off music/movies/software, the prices would be lower. You're slitting everyone else's throat for your own benefit.

Further reading can be found here

well from a long time pirate here, as in 5 years now, ive seen the rise and fall of allot of things, and really the .com boom. And what we do i consider and art, were the ones that out smart the billion dollar companys to get our stuff, it takes much more than simply pushing a copy button, were the real deal not some little whippin boy using kazaa. And i can honestly say from our scean stand point, ( I TOTALLY DENOUNCE P2P and think its the worst thing ever) that we have made soo many sugnificant changes u guys wouldnt even comprehend, i mean trually the computer race for home pc's i would say is mostly in part to us becuase no every day user has any use for anything over 1.5 ghz. Only the true heavy users who multi-task like mad majority being pireters. Now thats not to say they wouldnt have gotten faster but nothing like it did. Also allot of us are your program writers now, because we found we can do a better job. Because of us stuff like windows which used to be $400 is now almost affordable. Im not saying its right but dont mix us up with the little script kiddies. And no honestly half the stuff i download i would have never bought, but i average 10 gigs a day through put. The quality stuff we got dosent even make it to p2p till its 3 years old. Besides anything thats worth anything is free these days. That just my opinion and it also stands that the laws are a joke, u can take some ones life and get less prision time then pireting.

As for ur art bro that sux, but again the true scean wouldnt have done that just some lamers. We make our own graphics

I've been wanting to know for a long time what you do for a living Moki?

And I think we can all agree to disagree on this subject :p

cvmfour said:
I've been wanting to know for a long time what you do for a living Moki?

And I think we can all agree to disagree on this subject :p
Nope. You're wrong.

StonyVision said:
well from a long time pirate here, as in 5 years now,
Excellent. You're now on my "never trade with" list. Congratulations, dip****.

i mean trually the computer race for home pc's i would say is mostly in part to us becuase no every day user has any use for anything over 1.5 ghz. Only the true heavy users who multi-task like mad majority being pireters.
Do you really think that the computer purchases of piraters justifies the investment in faster computer componenets? I'd say that photoshop users and gamers would have a far better claim here.

Besides anything thats worth anything is free these days.
Absolutely not true! While there are many terrific programs available for free, many that people think are free are actually shareware. Really great innovations in software, particularly in the UIs are usually done at for-profit companies (Borland vs Microsoft IDEs, commercial computer games)

That just my opinion and it also stands that the laws are a joke, u can take some ones life and get less prision time then pireting.
Absolutely true! Laws are imperfect. Your conscience is your is a much better guide. If you know something is wrong, don't do it. (and by the way both things you mentioned are wrong)

moki said:
StonyVision said:
well from a long time pirate here, as in 5 years now,
Excellent. You're now on my "never trade with" list
well im sorry u feel that way, but obvously im not going to be able to change your mind, so i guess we wont be trading. Kinda sad that u feel becuase i pirate softwear im suddnly a bad trader or not worth trading with.

just trying to share my experiance and my belifes and i get prosicuted. ???

StonyVision said:
well im sorry u feel that way, but obvously im not going to be able to change your mind, so i guess we wont be trading. Kinda sad that u feel becuase i pirate softwear im suddnly a bad trader or not worth trading with.

just trying to share my experiance and my belifes and i get prosicuted. ???
Yes, you're just a poor victim. What a moron. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

MonkeyK said:
i mean trually the computer race for home pc's i would say is mostly in part to us becuase no every day user has any use for anything over 1.5 ghz. Only the true heavy users who multi-task like mad majority being pireters.
Do you really think that the computer purchases of piraters justifies the investment in faster computer componenets? I'd say that photoshop users and gamers would have a far better claim here.

Besides anything thats worth anything is free these days.
Absolutely not true! While there are many terrific programs available for free, many that people think are free are actually shareware. Really great innovations in software, particularly in the UIs are usually done at for-profit companies (Borland vs Microsoft IDEs, commercial computer games)

That just my opinion and it also stands that the laws are a joke, u can take some ones life and get less prision time then pireting.
Absolutely true! Laws are imperfect. Your conscience is your is a much better guide. If you know something is wrong, don't do it. (and by the way both things you mentioned are wrong)
well first of all who do u think are the heavy gamers who spread how good stuff is, the people who made gamepro used to pirate and as for free stuff i totally agree, anything thats worth anything is free, or sharewear.