• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuentes at MSRP......

Gary-smoke said:
Darlene the Cigargirl said they have the Anejos all the time :0 Due to the owners being Fuente Family.
[snapback]265036[/snapback]​

Not all the times. They may have some sizes but not all sizes at all the time. Why ? Because I have talked to Darlene several times asking about the availability of these hard-to-find cigars. The broadcasting of the TampaSweetHearts email about these holiday cigars to the public was done last year by some DUDE over at CF and thus creating a pandemonium such that now the Anejos purchase limit was reduced from the former 4 sticks per size to 2 sticks per size. Whether to broadcast the hard-to-find sticks source to the WWW (Whole Wide World), that is to each and his/her decision. I personally have not broadcasting any of these email to the public. But that's just me... :rolleyes:

BkCloud114 said:
..... the are the Owners & manufacturer of these cigars.

[snapback]265063[/snapback]​

Well, technically not true...they are related to the manufacturers of those cigars. :D

BTW, Arturo and Arturo Jr there are always so friendly and always make a point to say high when they walk by. Just seem like real down to earth folks.

Tommy is a first class BOTL and did what he always does, which is look out for the other BOTLs here. IMO, posting good reputable "sources" for people to do business with is the best way to fight the gougers that we all hate so much.

I disagree Bill however I do see your point too. Just look at all the newbs jumping for joy at the prices and the cigars :( ,, they didn't know tampa from adam. Anejo's are some of the hardest to find cigars on the net and are very plentifully right now in a ton of places. no need to out the one source that everyone tries to keep quite.
Tampa doesn't even have anejo's on their website because of the huge in flux of calls they would receive.
In Jim's defense I have herd this exact very same thing from moki regarding Tampa Sweethearts.

As far as being greedy?????? damn right, so what? their isn't a long time member here who doesn't have his secret sources and would shit if someone announced them in a post.
I don't see the difference between Cuban or Dominican Sources both are available for everyone as long as they do their homework.

Oh well, it's all done now. the cats out of the bag and a quite a few folks all have anew source for rare Fuentes.

Congrats.

Rich

For the record:

I never once said that anyone wasn't a stand up BOTL. We all can make bad decisions lord knows I have. :sign:

Rich

This is all kinda funny to me. Tampasweetehearts isn't as big a secret as some folks think. If you do a search on the various boards, hits come up. For example, as a newbie jumping jor joy at those prices, I knew of them, and that you could get anejo's if you purchased their stuff, I just didn't know this time around that a lot of the other seasonal things were on the list. In either case, the greed of some folks completely cracks me up. The fact that people were actually pissed off by the post is funny to me. Alot of you that ere pissed off are probably sitting on mounds of anejo's and other sought after sticks, and at this point, are just stockpiling sticks in case of famine. I mean have you read some of the posts on this and other boards from members who got shut out this season? Not shut out from their favorite B&M, but shut out comepltely. Why would fellow BOTLs prefer for them to be shut out than share some info with them? And if the problem you guys have is that it was put in a public post, how many of you actually PMd the guys (strangers) who posted messages that they didn't get any, or would like to try one for the first time and not pay 30 bucks for a stick? If you didn't do it under those circumstances it's not the pulblic post your mad about. It's just about greed.
Relax guys. It's Christmas. You've got the whole year to find other ways to keep your brothers in the dark.
Happy Festivus! :D

coventrycat86 said:
mrjinglesusa said:
Ironworker said:
This was defentley not a source to spill out for everyone to see!!!!.
[snapback]265021[/snapback]​

Agreed. I already sent a PM explaining why. ;) In my opinion, if they wanted everyone to know about these they would have put them on their website for all to see. They already had to lower the limit from 4/stick to 2/stick because of the last time their phone # was openly broadcast on a cigar BB.
[snapback]265032[/snapback]​

And where are you getting THAT from? Did they post that somewhere, tell you that on the phone or are you just speculating?

Tommy didn't do anything wrong here and I've met very few people on cigar boards who've never heard of TampaSweetheats :rolleyes:

Being concerned that TampaSweethearts will run out of cigars is like thinking Exxon/Mobil will run out of oil........
[snapback]265084[/snapback]​

OK. Since you decided to add your commentary to my post, here's my response:

Back in May or June, someone posted Tampa's phone number of CF and said thay had all sizes Anejo and Hemi Maduro at a limit of 4/stick. They (Tampa) got inundated with phone calls from CF members. By the time I called, they had lowered the limit to 2/stick (and yes, she told me this and also told me WHY they lowered the limit). That, is where I got THAT from - personal experience. So no, I am not speculating - I know the reason.

I never said Tommy did "anything wrong." Myself and many others have known about Tampa and their supply of hard to find Fuentes for awhile. I, along with others, decided NOT to post this openly - this was a personal decision. I did PM the info to several people earlier this month. When a certain vendor received and sold Anejos BY THE BOX a few months back a FOG was kind enough to let me know, even though it wasn't advertised. This was another instance where it didn't seem prudent to openly advertise the source.

Everyone is free to do as they please. I agreed with Rich that I wouldn't have posted this openly. PM to some friends? Sure. I have nothing against Tommy and PMd him and gave my opinion on the matter in private after I saw this thread.

Also, since Tampa do not advertise that they have these hard to find Fuentes in stock (it's not on their website) I doubt most people knew they had them unless they called to ask.

Where did I say I was "concerned that TampaSweethearts will run out of cigars..."? I don't see that in my post.

I suggest next time you decide to comment on one of my posts you have some idea what you are talking about instead of picking my post to comment on simply because you don't like me. ;)

EDIT: pittesq, this isn't about greed and I am not "pissed" and I assume Rich isn't "pissed" either. Fact is, I PMd this info to several people I knew were looking for these back at the beginning of the month. If that's being "greedy" so be it. Personally, I (and many others) chose to keep this source a bit more "quiet" just as we do with valuable Cuban sources.

pittesq said:
This is all kinda funny to me. Tampasweetehearts isn't as big a secret as some folks think. If you do a search on the various boards, hits come up. For example, as a newbie jumping jor joy at those prices, I knew of them, and that you could get anejo's if you purchased their stuff, I just didn't know this time around that a lot of the other seasonal things were on the list. In either case, the greed of some folks completely cracks me up. The fact that people were actually pissed off by the post is funny to me. Alot of you that ere pissed off are probably sitting on mounds of anejo's and other sought after sticks, and at this point, are just stockpiling sticks in case of famine. I mean have you read some of the posts on this and other boards from members who got shut out this season? Not shut out from their favorite B&M, but shut out comepltely. Why would fellow BOTLs prefer for them to be shut out than share some info with them? And if the problem you guys have is that it was put in a public post, how many of you actually PMd the guys (strangers) who posted messages that they didn't get any, or would like to try one for the first time and not pay 30 bucks for a stick? If you didn't do it under those circumstances it's not the pulblic post your mad about. It's just about greed.
Relax guys. It's Christmas. You've got the whole year to find other ways to keep your brothers in the dark.
[snapback]265153[/snapback]​

I agree totally, thanks for helping out the regular cigar smoker on this forum by not just hording this information to yourself and a few others of the elite around here. That is what makes this place nice and different then other boards, a true spirit of helping and giving. Thank god this place has not turned into a board where certain people horde all the rare cigars that they can to only take pictures of them and show them off to all the rest of us, well at least not yet.

etenpenny said:
pittesq said:

I agree totally, thanks for helping out the regular cigar smoker on this forum by not just hording this information to yourself and a few others of the elite around here. That is what makes this place nice and different then other boards, a true spirit of helping and giving. Thank god this place has not turned into a board where certain people horde all the rare cigars that they can to only take pictures of them and show them off to all the rest of us, well at least not yet.
[snapback]265165[/snapback]​

Unfortunately, neither of you have been paying much attention to the guys posting. The folks you are accusing of being "greedy"...BS. I know one of them very well...one of the most generous BOTLs that I have ever had the pleasure to herf with. Rich, take a look at his past dealings. Incredibly generous as well.

Look at sources like fishing holes. Fishermen have their favorite fishing holes that they don't openly advertise. However, when they catch the fish, they share with others. They take their good friends fishing there. ETC. Same goes with these sources. Build the relationships, the sources come. That's the way many people on this board are. They may not post the sources, but other members do share in their good fortune. ;)

It's nice to be given a source...typically you have to work for them. Personally, that's my stance on sources. Pay your dues, research, call, purchase, build relationships...the sources come. The sources that I have, I researched, asked folks about, took my chances with, etc. Only one that I can think of was ever actually "given" to me. I found tampasweethearts the hard way...by walking about Ybor City in 100 degree weather. :0 I didn't know they existed before that. Really cool find. Been doing business with them since.

Just my thoughts on the matter. :)

CiagrDawg,I think you misunderstood my post. I have no problem with people having thier favorite fishing holes. A lot of times they are favorites, becuae a lot of people don't fish thier. Makes sense. My issue is with those who get mad at someone for sharing that fishing hole (which in this case is one hell of a large sized hole given the business that TS is), as if there isn't going to be a enough fish. Enough fish anolgies already! :)

I guess my experiences have just been different is all. I come to this board and others for guidance and to took with folks with similar interests. I understand and respect your point about paying dues to get info. But having said that I've had several instances when a complete stranger on a board has seen my response post about not finding a stick and has PM'd or SS'd me saying give this place a call they do mail order and can help you out. Never knew that person, never did a trade, nothing. They just helped me out. I understand your what you and others have said, but given the generoisty that I've been shown by perfect strangers on these boards I'm just not in a position to not be on the side of helping out other BOTLs in need. So I have no problem with the post even though I understand that others feel dofferently. Anyway, I'm happy. It's that Festivus time of year! :laugh:

Note to self: Don't tell Tommy nothin' you don't want to read in the newspaper.

NA

Note to self addendum: Newbs is stoopid.

NA

I can't believe that people are annoyed with Tommy posting his source here. Isn't this the purpose of the community, to find deals and share with others? Tommy you rock!

To those that found what there looking for , Merry Christmas.
To those that are annoyed, PM me your addy, and may send you some cheese for that whine. :p

My take on this is that it would have been smart to ask TS if they wanted this posted on a BB for every tom dick and harry. The people who received this e-mail are people who do business with them regularly and I would think somewhat as a Thank You for past business. There again, I may be totally off base but I'm sure if they wanted everyone in on this they would have posted it on their web site.

The sad part is all of the newbes that will "take advantage" of this opportunity and never offer TS any additional business. You know who you are. You spend 2 hours looking at every online shop trying to save fifty cents and jump from vendor to vendor based solely on who has the lowest price. This is one of the bonuses that come with doing "REGULAR" business with certain retailers. I sure hope you all patronize this vendor for more than just a few HTF fuente's.

Sunward said:
I can't believe that people are annoyed with Tommy posting his source here. Isn't this the purpose of the community, to find deals and share with others? Tommy you rock!

To those that found what there looking for , Merry Christmas.
To those that are annoyed, PM me your addy, and may send you some cheese for that whine.  :p
[snapback]265246[/snapback]​

Send me that cheese now... :laugh:

Oops, make that two wedges... :p

Allofus123 said:
My take on this is that it would have been smart to ask TS if they wanted this posted on a BB for every tom dick and harry. The people who received this e-mail are people who do business with them regularly and I would think somewhat as a Thank You for past business. There again, I may be totally off base but I'm sure if they wanted everyone in on this they would have posted it on their web site.

The sad part is all of the newbes that will "take advantage" of this opportunity and never offer TS any additional business. You know who you are. You spend 2 hours looking at every online shop trying to save fifty cents and jump from vendor to vendor based solely on who has the lowest price. This is one of the bonuses that come with doing "REGULAR" business with certain retailers. I sure hope you all patronize this vendor for more than just a few HTF fuente's.
[snapback]265258[/snapback]​

Well put, Kenny... My shop also helps me out with hard to find Fuente's - such as selling me all of their last King B's when there was a 1 stick per customer limit, and letting me exceed the limits on Anejo's. They let me purchase a box of Opus' and gave me a deal as well. That was my reward for supporting them through my regular cigar purchases.

Tampa Sweethearts is a great retailer. If you want the place to continue to do business - you have to continue to do business with them.

pittesq said:

Excuse me? Don't even come out of the wood work and try to throw me and my good name under the bus.

I been MORE than generous with cigars, sources, gifts ect. than you will ever know.
I have sold Anejo's for MSRP, a little over MSRP, hell I have even given them away to brothers I care for.
I can't even remember how many bombs I have sent out to un expecting members who have shown an interest in the game.

As far as people getting shut out .... WTF does that mean? couldn't buy cigars?

I want any member of THIS board to step forward if you have been shut out from buying cigars this Christmas year for any reason to please post it here.
If you exist I will be MORE than happy to send you a box of cigars for Christmas.

Let me give you a little advice pittesq. before you go pointing fingers and making allegations of folks hording cigars (stashing loads of Anejos) and not being stand up brothers of the leaf you need to do a little more research on that member and find out what they have contributed to the board before you spill your swill in a thread.

Unless you can point me to a specific thread I have yet to find you ever doing anything for a fellow brother in this forum.....??

Nuff Said.

Rich

Ironworker said:
pittesq said:

Excuse me? Don't even come out of the wood work and try to throw me and my good name under the bus.

I been MORE than generous with cigars, sources, gifts ect. than you will ever know.
I have sold Anejo's for MSRP, a little over MSRP, hell I have even given them away to brothers I care for.
I can't even remember how many bombs I have sent out to un expecting members who have shown an interest in the game.

I want any member of THIS board to step forward if you have been shut out from buying cigars this Christmas year for any reason to please post it here.
If you exist I will be MORE than happy to send you a box of cigars for Christmas.

Let me give you a little advice pittesq. before you go pointing fingers and making allegations of folks hording cigars (stashing loads of Anejos) and not being stand up brothers of the leaf you need to do a little more research on that member and find out what they have contributed to the board before you spill your swill in a thread.

Unless you can point me to a specific thread I have yet to find you ever doing anything for a fellow brother in this forum.....??

Nuff Said.

Rich
[snapback]265297[/snapback]​

Rich,
You have GOT to be kidding me. Throwing you under the bus? Mesing with your good name and reputation? I'm coming out of the wood work? Didn't know you had to be established to have an opinion here. I'm not throwing you under the bus. If you actually read my posts you would have seen that on some level I agree with you guys as far as keeping some sources close to the vest. Mty departure in opinion is with a company of the size and capacity of TS. That's all. Secondly, I never went at you personally, but I did give my opinion on the negativity Tommy got from some people. I'm sure you are a good guy. And you help out the folks you know and those good to you. But how hard is it to be generous to people you like people you are friends with? People were upset with the post because now "Every Tom, Dick, and Harry can buy and they'll ruin it for the rest of us." All I'm saying is given the generosity I've been shown by strangers to me on this board and others, not friends, I have know problem with someone deciding to share the wealth.
If you took offense to some of the things I said that's unfortunate. Maybe they apply to you. Maybe they don't. All I'm saying is that a lot of people who are upset about their TS source being "outed" probably have many precious fuentes in thier humidors already. And at this point are stockpiling. Their right of course, but some folks have none. And the post was a grest way for them to get their hands on a couple. And if you honestly would like the usernames of a couple BOTL's on this site and others that have responded to posts and said the anejo, BTL, King B etc Fairy missed them at the B&M and they got shut out of holiday cigars when they posted, I will personally do the search for those posts and forward them to you as an FYI. If you can help them out that suits me just fine. That was my point to begin with. Helping brothers out, believe it or not my post had less to do with you than it did about getting people access to somethings they haven't got. I'm not trying to make a business out of messing up the reps of you or anyone else who I share a common interest. I'm still entitled to an opinion is all. Cigardawg was on here and shares the same view as you. I don't think he's a bad guy. In fact I think he writes some of the best cigar reviews on the board with his grading system and is an active member in the newbie trade etc. I respect his point of view. I don't share it. But it's fine and I still think he is a cool and valuable member.
You protest too much.

Ironworker said:
pittesq said:

Nuff Said.

Rich
[snapback]265297[/snapback]​

Rich,
You have GOT to be kidding me. Throwing you under the bus? Mesing with your good name and reputation? I'm coming out of the wood work? Didn't know you had to be established to have an opinion here. I'm not throwing you under the bus. If you actually read my posts you would have seen that on some level I agree with you guys as far as keeping some sources close to the vest. Mty departure in opinion is with a company of the size and capacity of TS. That's all. Secondly, I never went at you personally, but I did give my opinion on the negativity Tommy got from some people. I'm sure you are a good guy. And you help out the folks you know and those good to you. But how hard is it to be generous to people you like people you are friends with? People were upset with the post because now "Every Tom, Dick, and Harry can buy and they'll ruin it for the rest of us." All I'm saying is given the generosity I've been shown by strangers to me on this board and others, not friends, I have know problem with someone deciding to share the wealth.
If you took offense to some of the things I said that's unfortunate. Maybe they apply to you. Maybe they don't. All I'm saying is that a lot of people who are upset about their TS source being "outed" probably have many precious fuentes in thier humidors already. And at this point are stockpiling. Their right of course, but some folks have none. And the post was a grest way for them to get their hands on a couple. And if you honestly would like the usernames of a couple BOTL's on this site and others that have responded to posts and said the anejo, BTL, King B etc Fairy missed them at the B&M and they got shut out of holiday cigars when they posted, I will personally do the search for those posts and forward them to you as an FYI. If you can help them out that suits me just fine. That was my point to begin with. Helping brothers out, believe it or not my post had less to do with you than it did about getting people access to somethings they haven't got. I'm not trying to make a business out of messing up the reps of you or anyone else who I share a common interest. I'm still entitled to an opinion is all. Cigardawg was on here and shares the same view as you. I don't think he's a bad guy. In fact I think he writes some of the best cigar reviews on the board with his grading system and is an active member in the newbie trade etc. I respect his point of view. I don't share it. But it's fine and I still think he is a cool and valuable member.
You protest too much.