• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gamblers Anonymous

Pass is in hand and P/T's have been made. I will PM Darin to see if he is ready. If so, it will be headed his way tomorrow.

Thanks for having me in the pass Jake.

I'm all ready for it. I am working on some Ps and Ts.

Pass is in hand and P/T's have been made. I will PM Darin to see if he is ready. If so, it will be headed his way tomorrow.

Thanks for having me in the pass Jake.

It was a pleasure having you in both the passes. But don't be a stranger, the contests are yet to come. ;)

I definitely could have played the hand differenty, but with no flush and straight draws, I knew exactly where I was standing through the turn. Given the player that hit the river had been at the same table with me for a few hours, and it was pretty obvious I only took the aggressive stance when I had the best hand (I made sure players knew this by showing my hands, to prevent donks). So given I was playing ultra-tight against a player for a few hours, he knew that Top pair was no good here which was why it took him forever to call. After the hand was over he looked at me and said "I figured I was beat, I just figured I'd gamble there because I've won so much this weekend." When he said that, I realized that no matter how I played it, he probably would have called it anyways "just to see." Hence why I considered it a suck-out instead of using the loss to critique and analyze my play.

That's the positives and negatives of poker. In hindsight, you can always play hands differently and critique your play against people after being involved in pots with them. Poker is an ever-learning game, that's why I love it. Now, did I use that to my advantage later, knowing that he'd gamble with me....well, yes...he doubled me up from the min buy-in just a few hands later...when I shoved post-flop on him with AA.

Live and learn. :blush:

Absolutely agree under the circumstances. However, my thoughts were meant to be somewhat objective, and trying to not be results oriented. Absent the table history and really knowing the guy's style, I am assuming he is thinking at a pretty base level and hasn't been paying attention to shit. I find often against a laggy player he is thinking about a push vs. a call on the turn rather than a fold. Not trying to criticize your play as much as just discuss the hand, given there is pretty minimal poker strategy discussion on the board. And hey, at least you didn't get coolered by him on your aces!

Ok guys here are my proposed Ps and Ts. Let me know what you think.

(16.) Take - Davidoff Millenium Blend Short Robusto...................(51.) Put - Opus X Robusto (tin release)
(04.) Take - Arturo Fuente 2008 Toast Across America Opus X ....(52.) Put - Opus X Scorpio 2005 (2008 Opus X Aged Sampler - Brown Box)
(29.) Take - Oliva Master Blends III Torpedo................................(53.) Put - Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
(23.) Take - La Flor Dominicana Mysterio...................................(54.) Put - Ashton VSG Wizard

(16.) Take - Davidoff Millenium Blend Short Robusto...................(51.) Put - Opus X Robusto (tin release)
(04.) Take - Arturo Fuente 2008 Toast Across America Opus X ....(52.) Put - Opus X Scorpio 2005 (2008 Opus X Aged Sampler - Brown Box)
(29.) Take - Oliva Master Blends III Torpedo................................(53.) Put - Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
(23.) Take - La Flor Dominicana Mysterio...................................(54.) Put - Ashton VSG Wizard

They all look good from what I can see...Very generous on the Scorpio! :thumbs:

The only one I see there even being a "potential" issue with is the Mysterio///VSG. The MSRP for the Wizard (as per the opus/ anejo reference) is stated to be $11.75 as of 2006...I'd just like everyone to know that the MSRP on these is now roughly $13.20, and that the new MSRP is what I'm using as cited from other sources. Not to mention the added "rarity" (albeit only a smidgen) of the Wizard. All things considered, I'm more than alright with this trade.

Anyone else have any inputs here? Passer Participation is encouraged....after all, most of you guys are still in line to get the pass. ;)

They all look good from what I can see...Very generous on the Scorpio! :thumbs:

The only one I see there even being a "potential" issue with is the Mysterio///VSG. The MSRP for the Wizard (as per the opus/ anejo reference) is stated to be $11.75 as of 2006...I'd just like everyone to know that the MSRP on these is now roughly $13.20, and that the new MSRP is what I'm using as cited from other sources. Not to mention the added "rarity" (albeit only a smidgen) of the Wizard. All things considered, I'm more than alright with this trade.

Anyone else have any inputs here? Passer Participation is encouraged....after all, most of you guys are still in line to get the pass. ;)
With the increase of MSRP on the Wizard, I say they look good to me.

Brian

The pass is headed your way Darin. DC# 0308 0660 0001 2431 7836

Sorry that we couldn't arrange a handoff. My days are packed full.

First Hand: I had KK in the hole, raised to about $60 pre flop at $2/$5, got re-raised from the second seat (I was under the gun in first position) to $180 and I flat called. Flop came 10,3,6....I was under the gun with two players behind, pot was about $550 at this point. Came out with a $400 bet, and was raised by the second seat to $800. Third guy folds, I call. Turn is a 5. I bet out $700 (kind of like a call me bet), and he thinks and thinks and thinks....then calls. So the pot is about $3550 at this point, and I only have about $500 left, so no matter what I'm going all in on the river with 7:1 odds. Well, river is an A. My heart sank....I knew, but pushed anyways in case he had JJ or QQ. Well, SOB had A10 ohmy.gif , top-top on the flop and calling down the most conservative player on the table to hit his 11% river. Disgusting...

Poker is so frustrating, it just enough to make you sick. I'm going to play to night and will be looking to avoid all possible donks. Sometimes you just feel like you have to go all in every time you get a hand. :angry:

The pass is headed your way Darin. DC# 0308 0660 0001 2431 7836

Sorry that we couldn't arrange a handoff. My days are packed full.

Ok so I received the pass. What a fast turn around. I am making the above puts and takes since no one had any beef. I can have this out tomorrow morning unless anyone wants me to sit on it until Monday. The main pass will fit in my small Vinotemp. Everything looks good and I checked all cases.

Jonesy, are you ready? I will pm you. Drive down to my HERF tomorrow at Al's Puff N' Stuff and I will give you this thing! :laugh:

I took envelope #13 (my lucky number, and boy was it!)
My stick for the contest is (55.)Cohiba Black Corona

Thanks a lot for having me Jake and let me know about tomorrow morning or sitting the weekend.

Darin

Thanks a lot for having me Jake and let me know about tomorrow morning or sitting the weekend.

Darin

I don't really see a reason to wait. So long as the humidity levels are all well and good, let's keep this baby rollin'!

We got a long way to go!

:thumbs:

My stick for the contest is (55.)Cohiba Black Corona

Darin, the cigars for the contest DO NOT go in the pass box. That is what the other box is for. Also, this cigar will not be labeled #55 (As it is not available for pass members to take). If you already packed it up that way, please let me know. There is really no need to label #'s on the cigars that are put in the contest box, as I'm keeping the record of who put what in the main post. So long as the inventory is checked at every stop, we shouldn't have an issue doing it this way. So, to sum it up, cigars for the contest don't need assigned #'s, and they go in their own box that is designated specifically for the contest.

Jonesy's Puts will begin with the #55. Brian, if there is an issue with this in the pass documents, or the cigar has been put into the box with the pass sticks, would you mind correcting that for me? (Assuming that Darin has already packed up the pass). I don't want this to be a potential issue later down the line and get everything out of whack.

Here they are gentlemen:

2) BTL
55) Partagas 160 robusto

6) WOAM
56) Anejo 50

30) Padron 40th
57) Zino Platinum Crown Barrel

32) Padron 1926 Serie #9 nattie
58) CAO America Anthem coffin

41) Bolivar Belicoso Fina '07
59) ERDM Lonsdale '98

48) Liga Privada #9 Corona Doble
60) Tat Reserva SW

61) AF Don Carlos #3

DCM #5 for the contest.

Here they are gentlemen:

2) BTL
55) Partagas 160 robusto

6) WOAM
56) Anejo 50

30) Padron 40th
57) Zino Platinum Crown Barrel

32) Padron 1926 Serie #9 nattie
58) CAO America Anthem coffin

41) Bolivar Belicoso Fina '07
59) ERDM Lonsdale '98

48) Liga Privada #9 Corona Doble
60) Tat Reserva SW

61) AF Don Carlos #3

DCM #5 for the contest.
Very nice.

Brian

61) AF Don Carlos #3

DCM #5 for the contest.

Wow, very nice of you Brian! Thanks for the generosity sir!

All of the P/T's are approved!

What is the # of the envelope you will be taking? :) (They are labeled 1-26, the ones taken are listed on the first page)

I'm working on my puts and takes, I should be able to get them up later today.

Also, on the first page pass list, the ERDM should be labeled just a Lonsdale and not "Tainos Lonsdale." The Tainos is a Churchill sized cigar and is different from the Lonsdale.

I'm working on my puts and takes, I should be able to get them up later today.

Also, on the first page pass list, the ERDM should be labeled just a Lonsdale and not "Tainos Lonsdale." The Tainos is a Churchill sized cigar and is different from the Lonsdale.

I don't know what you're talking about. :whistling: :rolleyes:

;)